Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid (1399 Views)

I Wish There Was No GOD. / Pastor Adeboye Was Afraid To Die On Nigeria Airways Flight / Atheism: The “No-God” Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by Nobody: 1:30am On Aug 10, 2013
I am no longer afraid. I have lived a better and more fulfilled life.
It is unfortunate that younger children are still being fed with all these religious crap!
One day, a kid saw a lightning, and he was scared because he said God is angry. I was like WTF What have they done to the mind of this Kid? slavery.
When I was a kid, I believed in Demons, that they fly about looking for whom to hunt. I became more scared even when after I prayed.
But lo and behold, demons where just imaginations of humans.
Be free!!!

If you have to lead some set of people, especially in a region of gullible minds, low thinkers, the number one thing you introduce is religion.

5 Likes

Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by Lordmiracle(m): 1:39am On Aug 10, 2013
@op Well what you need is wisdom because from your write up i can deduce ignorance....how can u say God does not believe neither the adversery and his agents.demons exist but we have power of them dnt confuse others

1 Like

Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by Xvalier: 1:54am On Aug 10, 2013
@Solidbroda, You actually need to be scared with your new found discovery,
Since; (1) You must now think you are master of yourself and purpose

(2) You must now think man is nothing more than a body mass without soul/spirit

(3) You must now think the creation of the earth, it's vase solar system and powerful
architecture of the design of the human anatomy and body came about by Evolution

(4) You must now think that your life does not have a start and end time determined by God

Please think again Solidbroda

1 Like

Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by graphicsplay: 3:29am On Aug 10, 2013
I have a dream! One day, surely, some inventions of man,(eg Robots) having undergone complex sophistication and probably become 'self-aware', would rise with one voice and say: " WE ARE NOT AFRAID OF ATHEISTS BECAUSE ATHEISTS DON'T EXIST".

It is in the future, when man would have handed over day to day running of Earth activities to the work of his hand--- ROBOTS!

Reminds me of the bible story, when Yahweh handed over Earth dominion to Adam......and later felt sorry for even inventing man, whose heart embodies wickedness.
Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by rugipp(m): 4:21am On Aug 10, 2013
Everybody has rights †̥ wat D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ choose †̥ belive in

1 Like

Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by Nobody: 4:53am On Aug 10, 2013
graphicsplay: I have a dream! One day, surely, some inventions of man,(eg Robots) having undergone complex sophistication and probably become 'self-aware', would rise with one voice and say: " WE ARE NOT AFRAID OF ATHEISTS BECAUSE ATHEISTS DON'T EXIST".
You forget one thing: we aren't invisible. So they would be able to see us.

graphicsplay:
It is in the future, when man would have handed over day to day running of Earth activities to the work of his hand--- ROBOTS!
If we leave them on earth, let them handle their daily activities without any interference whatsoever, their belief or non-belief wouldn't matter.

graphicsplay:
Reminds me of the bible story, when Yahweh handed over Earth dominion to Adam......and later felt sorry for even inventing man, whose heart embodies wickedness.

Then your creator should be sued for making faulty products.
Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by mcfynest(m): 5:28am On Aug 10, 2013
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

so no be new thing. it is well with you sir

1 Like

Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by Vansnickers: 6:07am On Aug 10, 2013
graphicsplay: I have a dream! One day, surely, some inventions of man,(eg Robots) having undergone complex sophistication and probably become 'self-aware', would rise with one voice and say: [b]" WE ARE NOT AFRAID OF ATHEISTS BECAUSE ATHEISTS DON'T EXIST".[size=8pt][/size]
[/b]

Very Stup!d Comment!!!
Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 10, 2013
@OP

The Ostrich did the exact same thing...

It buried it's head in the sand and believed that the threat it faces is neutralized hence.

#You do not address anything by wishing it away.

1 Like

Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by mumumugu(m): 7:42am On Aug 10, 2013
solidbroda: I am no longer afraid. I have lived a better and more fulfilled life.
It is unfortunate that younger children are still being fed with all these religious crap!
One day, a kid saw a lightning, and he was scared because he said God is angry. I was like WTF What have they done to the mind of this Kid? slavery.
When I was a kid, I believed in Demons, that they fly about looking for whom to hunt. I became more scared even when after I prayed.
Be free!!!

If you have to lead some set of people, especially in a region of gullible minds, low thinkers, the number one thing you introduce is religion.

whether you are afraid or not, it doesnt matter

1 Like

Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by tomakint: 7:43am On Aug 10, 2013
@Solidbroda, you only have one life to live, please while I want you to enjoy it to the fullest I must also urge you to consider the word eternity that will be the final abode of your never-dying soul and spirit based on how you've lived your life here on Earth! There is a God who knew your beginning and ending, don't joke with that God especially His priceless gift he gave to mankind in the person of His Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, trust me my friend, you are worth more than animals and plants!
Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by tomakint: 7:53am On Aug 10, 2013
@OP.....there is every reason to be more afraid on your new found faith!
Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 10, 2013
Thank you all for the comment.
The inconsistencies in the Bible is more than enough that religion is a scam and a fraud. Because if God was actually the one who wrote the Bible, we should expect perfection.

Talking about slavery and gender inequality, the Bible promotes it a lot. But people do not practice it again. Infact, bad acts against women is known as crime in our society of today unlike what the Bible preaches. Evidently, the bible was written by men according to the laws of that time and not by a God who sees the future and who is all knowing.

We all know how absurd the story of Adam and Eve was. Only a fool will believe that crap that they were the first humans in the world.

Going by countries and history, using Denmark as an example, the country is the most peaceful, and they practice less religion. The countries with high religion rate are the worst, why?. We can see for example in Africa. The more we believe in religion and put Logic aside, the more we move backwards.

Why do all these pastors have political affiliations? Some of you will say its because God is pushing them up. But those who have eyes know that these pastors are doing the bidding of the elites to keep the masses under control.

Too many tins to be said.
One thing I know for sure is that, science will have a major breakthrough in immortality, and people will die no more. When that happens, I'm sure some people will still be gullible enough to call it evil.
Wake up

2 Likes

Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 10, 2013
see blatant lies. You are no longer afraid. I hear
Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by Emusan(m): 9:35am On Aug 10, 2013
solidbroda:
Too many tins to be said.
One thing I know for sure is that, science will have a major breakthrough in immortality, and people will die no more. When that happens, I'm sure some people will still be gullible enough to call it evil.
Wake up

@bold-I laugh no be small, if at all science will find cure to death. You would've died by then.

Let me tell you why the above is impossible.

*Life is immaterial-atheist don't believe in immaterials
*Cells are not life but they are just life carrier.
*Origin of life is not known, NASA are still searching for life on planet Mars.
Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 10, 2013
Emusan:

@bold-I laugh no be small, if at all science will find cure to death. You would've died by then.

Let me tell you why the above is impossible.

*Life is immaterial-atheist don't believe in immaterials
*Cells are not life but they are just life carrier.
*Origin of life is not known, NASA are still searching for life on planet Mars.

200 years ago, scientists were looking for an answer to a particular phenomenon, and now they have found the answers. Science have always found the answers to everything, it all depends on time. The fact is that, when science discovers immortality, it my be in a thousand year to come.

But the way science is going, it will surely find the solution to death.

If 1000 years ago, a man boast that he can fly people on the air just like birds, he might be killed. But here we are now, we fly with aeroplanes. Jesus didn't see that did he?
Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 10, 2013
graphicsplay: I have a dream! One day, surely, some inventions of man,(eg Robots) having undergone complex sophistication and probably become 'self-aware', would rise with one voice and say: " WE ARE NOT AFRAID OF ATHEISTS BECAUSE ATHEISTS DON'T EXIST".

Smh......your post makes no frigging sense
Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by seekingtruth(m): 11:03am On Aug 10, 2013

Man will never be as foolish as Yahweh.
Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 10, 2013
May God open your eyes. Op, i love you. (unfollows thread)
Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by MrTroll(m): 11:42am On Aug 10, 2013
idnoble135: May God open your eyes. Op, i love you. (unfollows thread)
Stop lying. You don't love him. You don't even know him. Don't hide behind technology and profess what you don't even slightly feel. Lying hypocrites, no be una full street for 9ja here? Love ko lovely ni angry
Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 10, 2013
solidbroda:
But lo and behold, demons where just imaginations of humans
Well bro! Your new found faith should be more scary.
I have one thing to say.. I MISUNDERSTOOD_G CAN CATEGORICALLY TELL YOU THAT DEMONS/SPIRITS ARE REAL. I don't know what they look like, or what they wear. But all I can say is, they are REAL.
Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 10, 2013
Misunderstood_G: Well bro! Your new found faith should be more scary.
I have one thing to say.. I MISUNDERSTOOD_G CAN CATEGORICALLY TELL YOU THAT DEMONS/SPIRITS ARE REAL. I don't know what they look like, or what they wear. But all I can say is, they are REAL.

The height of ignorance in bold
Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by BoyDimples: 12:54pm On Aug 10, 2013
Its not the height of ignorance! Its you being ignorant
Logicboy03:

2 Likes

Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by nnofaith: 1:37pm On Aug 10, 2013
As an atheist Sam Cooks song "i can see clearly now" now makes a lot of sense to me, infact its my wake up alarm song. it reminds me everyday that i have to find my own way, no sky daddy is going to help me. l am more practical about stuff now. i dont believe in miracles any more.

1 Like

Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 10, 2013
Logicboy03:

You dare call me ignorant You shall pay recompense for your transgressions logicboy... I'm not ignorant. I know what I'm saying. I can even bet my life on it bro. They ARE REAL. Like boydimples said.. You're the ignorant one here. Not Me
Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by UyiIredia(m): 2:28pm On Aug 10, 2013
solidbroda:

200 years ago, scientists were looking for an answer to a particular phenomenon, and now they have found the answers. Science have always found the answers to everything, it all depends on time. The fact is that, when science discovers immortality, it my be in a thousand year to come.

If 1000 years ago, a man boast that he can fly people on the air just like birds, he might be killed. But here we are now, we fly with aeroplanes. Jesus didn't see that did he?

I try to strike a balance between what is feasible, practically impossible and what is logically impossible. Conquering death is feasible (though it doesn't seem so despite huge leaps in technology), making conscious humans from scratch is practically impossible, time travel is logically impossible and misunderstands the nature of space and time (space-time if you will). That said science is a function of thought. I think saying that science always found answers to everything is mistaken because knowledge is infinite. I remain only too sure that science will uncover more problems whilst seeking solutions. That is a law. I wonder whether Mr Science can tell me the largest number.
Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 10, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I try to strike a balance between what is feasible, practically impossible and what is logically impossible. Conquering death is feasible (though it doesn't seem so despite huge leaps in technology), making conscious humans from scratch is practically impossible, time travel is logically impossible and misunderstands the nature of space and time (space-time if you will). That said science is a function of thought. I think saying that science always found answers to everything is mistaken because knowledge is infinite. I remain only too sure that science will uncover more problems whilst seeking solutions. That is a law. I wonder whether Mr Science can tell me the largest number.

Well said
Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by plaetton: 2:37pm On Aug 10, 2013
Lordmiracle: @op Well what you need is wisdom because from your write up i can deduce ignorance....how can u say God does not believe neither the adversery and his agents.demons exist but we have power of them dnt confuse others

Why did god create demons?
Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by plaetton: 2:45pm On Aug 10, 2013
striktlymi: @OP

The Ostrich did the exact same thing...

It buried it's head in the sand and believed that the threat it faces is neutralized hence.

#You do not address anything by wishing it away.

And what us the threat that man faces without god.?
Believe me, once you stop believing in god, god, the devil, and all his entourage disappear from your universe and reality.
god needs believers to exist.
Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2013
plaetton:

And what us the threat that man faces without god.?
Believe me, once you stop believing in god, god, the devil, and all his entourage disappear from your universe and reality.
god needs believers to exist.
Well, for someone you don't believe in. You sure do talk about HIM alot.. They're still in your reality bro!! Face it.
Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by Emusan(m): 4:13pm On Aug 10, 2013
solidbroda:
200 years ago, scientists were looking for an answer to a particular phenomenon, and now they have found the answers. Science have always found the answers to everything, it all depends on time.

Ofcourse time time, what will happen after time? Do science know the answer too?

The fact is that, when science discovers immortality, it my be in a thousand year to come.

I hope the OP will still be alive by then, if he's not going to be alive then what will happen afterlife of op?

I pray so but my question is will OP still be around by then, if not. What is the fate of OP after he died?

Daniel 12:4 read it.
Re: Since I Believed There Was No God, I Was No More Afraid by CosmicJames(m): 7:26pm On Aug 10, 2013
solidbroda: I am no longer afraid. I have lived a better and more fulfilled life.
Be free!!!

Did ur brain shake? I mean, u a terrible acident that reposition ur brain so that u lost ur memory?
U actually had a major shift in ur brain, memory n thought 4 u 2 start believing that there is no God!
Did u think u were doing God a favor 2 believe in Him?
Let me tell u; it is very easy 4 any body 2 stop believing in God. But it does not change anything that is.
Even the scientists that u r pending ur faith on believe there is God. So how come stop believing that there is God?
And u said u were afraid when u were believing in God but now u r no longer afaid since u change ur believe?
Why were u afraid? God is love so I do not understand anybody ll be afraid believing in Him.

What u've just done is d same thing as believing that u can jump from a 10 story building and ur legs ll not
break. But the reality remains that ur legs ll break though u believe that ur legs ll not break.

I ll advice u 2 reposition ur brain, memory n thougt 2 d direction were it was when u were believing God n that u should not b afraid of ur creator; He (God) loves u.

But if u still insist that u ll continue 2 believe that there is no God, then go ahead. U may be right

(1) (2) (Reply)

Centenary Memorial: Presbyterian Women Honor Mary Slessor In Calabar / Sermon Jotters: 50 Awesome Characteristics Of Our God {part 2}-dr. D.k Olukoya / After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.