Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,598 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Chief Rasaq Okoya Tasks Wealthy Nigerians On Job Creation, Engages 2000 Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief Rasaq Okoya Tasks Wealthy Nigerians On Job Creation, Engages 2000 Youths (1403 Views)

The Unheard Cry Of Our 2000 Youths Sacked By Apc Government / Ambode Welcomes Walmart, Seeks Firm’s Support On Job Creation - Punch / PDP Has Created Many Wealthy Nigerians- Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chief Rasaq Okoya Tasks Wealthy Nigerians On Job Creation, Engages 2000 Youths by Ayekotoo(m): 10:19am On Aug 11, 2013
A FRONTLINE industrialist, Chief Razaq Akani Okoya, called on Muslims to put into practice the teachings, which they have learnt during the. month of Ramadan.
Okoya, who spoke to The Guardian shortly after worshipping with other Muslims at the open ground of Oluwanisola Estate in Ajah, Lagos, described the 30-day fasting and prayer as a sacrifice. He urged on those in authority to always ensure that they have the interest of the masses at heart.
“Whatever we learnt from this period, we also should practise it. We should try to follow the will of God and what God has asked everybody to do. We also pray that the leaders should know the feeling of the masses. And we pray to Almighty God to please help them.” He appealed to Nigerians who have the money to industrialise the country and create more jobs for the teeming Nigerian youths so that they would not be used as a tool in the hands of the devil. According to him, “If we industrialise the country, it will be better for all of us. I have visited China several times and I know that their population is 10 times bigger than ours, but what makes the country to be where it is today is industrialisation. They have more people but industrialisation stabilises them. This is what we should focus on. I am an industrialist and at the moment, we are. doing about 30 acres of factory. We are employing over 2000 people in the next one year. This is what I want Nigerians to focus on in order to help the youth and the youth themselves should also help themselves and avoid the mentality of trying to get rich at all cost.” On insecurity in the country, Okoya said: “If they get work and are busy working, violence will not occur. If you have a job, and everybody has a job, what is violence for? What we have to do is to try as much as possible to create more jobs”, he said. In his Sallah message, the Chief Imam of Eleganza Central Mosque also known as Idiat Abeke Memorial Central Mosque, Morufudeen. Akintola, enjoined Muslims to know that they have acquired piety during the month of.Ramadan and therefore, they should use it to better the country and help others.

http://www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=16222
Re: Chief Rasaq Okoya Tasks Wealthy Nigerians On Job Creation, Engages 2000 Youths by JingoOAU(m): 10:37am On Aug 11, 2013
BTW, this man owns 20percent of real estate in Lagos state. His mansion in Ajah, is as big as Aso Rock, the biggest in Lagos state. Only God knows where he got the money.
90percent of the landed properties in Billings way Oregun, and 40percent of ikeja properties are owned by this man....osborne foreshore estate, eleganza estate, and some other big estates in lagos are owned by this man also....the man don finish Lagos with his wealth.....I dey talk all these cos I know some people will start saying they own Lagos.....

Nevertheless, I appreciate God for given me the grace to be the first to comment on this thread.

Back to the topic, why is he doing dis philantrophy at dis time despite his stupendous wealth? Its just eye-service cos his past record doesn't show any form of philatrophism
Re: Chief Rasaq Okoya Tasks Wealthy Nigerians On Job Creation, Engages 2000 Youths by Horlazuncanmi(m): 11:58am On Aug 11, 2013
Am coming back to comment
Re: Chief Rasaq Okoya Tasks Wealthy Nigerians On Job Creation, Engages 2000 Youths by thelonestranger: 1:32pm On Aug 11, 2013
Jingo-OAU:
BTW, this man owns 20percent of real estate in Lagos state. His mansion in Ajah, is as big as Aso Rock, the biggest in Lagos state. Only God knows where he got the money.
90percent of the landed properties in Billings way Oregun, and 40percent of ikeja properties are owned by this man....osborne foreshore estate, eleganza estate, and some other big estates in lagos are owned by this man also....the man don finish Lagos with his wealth.....I dey talk all these cos I know some people will start saying they own Lagos.....

Nevertheless, I appreciate God for given me the grace to be the first to comment on this thread.

Back to the topic, why is he doing dis philantrophy at dis time despite his stupendous wealth? Its just eye-service cos his past record doesn't show any form of philatrophism

I know this man and I can also testify that Rasak Okoya and philanthropy do not mix.There is no estate that he builds and at least one worker does not die during construction.He must have something sinister up his sleeves. Very wicked, evil and lecherous illiterate man.
Re: Chief Rasaq Okoya Tasks Wealthy Nigerians On Job Creation, Engages 2000 Youths by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 11, 2013
Jingo-OAU:

Bro let's be careful with what we say about others...why are Nigerians like this? We are a very difficult set of people to please and govern!

We always blame people who though have money but have refused to remember the poor....some of them braved the odds and became involved with politics...what did they get in return? Insults,blames and ruined reputation

Now this man out of his immense wealth decides in his little way to engage some youths via his company yet we say he is doing eye-service! Eye-service for whom and for what?

Let's be careful with the way we just pillory successful people and query how they got money when all we just need to do is become open-minded,research,study,hunger after their success recipe with a view to gaining nuggets of insights and get there by and by
Re: Chief Rasaq Okoya Tasks Wealthy Nigerians On Job Creation, Engages 2000 Youths by Yorubest: 8:15pm On Aug 11, 2013
thelonestranger:

I know this man and I can also testify that Rasak Okoya and philanthropy do not mix.There is no estate that he builds and at least one worker does not die during construction.He must have something sinister up his sleeves. Very wicked, evil and lecherous illiterate man.

This is a very big rumour

This man is an industrialist who has invested heavily in various sectors particularly real estate all over Lagos and he spends the profits on his real estate business acquiring more of it

I'm not sure there anyone in this country that has invested more in real estate than he has in Lagos, especially Ikoyi and VI

He also has several factories all over the SW

If money was through rituals, then Bill Gates must have shed a lot of blood

Re: Chief Rasaq Okoya Tasks Wealthy Nigerians On Job Creation, Engages 2000 Youths by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 11, 2013
Jingo-OAU:

It is apparent that you are under 20 years old. Probably born in the mid 90s.

Now let me educate you.

There was a time that the only shoes worn by nigerian school children was Bata.

There was a time when the food flasks and water bottles carried by all nigerian school children was Eleganza.

There was a time that there were only 2 types of biros in Nigeria. Bic biro and eleganza biro. Most people preferred eleganza biro because it was cheaper 10kobo against Bic biro that was 15kobo. Also Bic biros were known to stop working occassionally but eleganza biro never stopped till the ink ran out.

He was the dangote of the 70s and 80s and he made his money legitimately unlike dangote who dines with corrupt politicians to curry favors.

And did I add that he was a wise investor?

That is how he made his money.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Alleged kidnap of perm sec by Imo State govt . / El-rufai Names Boko Haram Sponsors And “kingpins”? / Bola Tinubu Sick: APC Leader Has stroke, Unable To Recognise Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.