Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Tess Of The D'ubbervilles - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tess Of The D'ubbervilles (1848 Views)

Thomas Hardy "tess Of The D'urbervilles & Whole Soyinka "the Lion & The Jewel&quot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tess Of The D'ubbervilles by gem87(f): 11:30pm On May 28, 2006
Waec recommendations, u get to chose b/w it and Robinson Crusoe
it's more interesting and is a tale of love and is really touching though it's tragic,

what do you think, that's if u've read it.
Re: Tess Of The D'ubbervilles by Badman888(m): 11:34pm On May 28, 2006
yea, nice book didnt get to finish it but enjoyed the movie, its like 5yrs last i heared bout it
Re: Tess Of The D'ubbervilles by ToyM28(f): 1:48am On May 29, 2006
one of my fave waec books of all time. showed determination, love wat ever else u want in a book. d end did make me cry small sha.
Re: Tess Of The D'ubbervilles by Badman888(m): 2:08am On May 29, 2006
what happened at the end again,4gotten
Re: Tess Of The D'ubbervilles by ToyM28(f): 3:25am On May 29, 2006
She was killed, by the village ppl, cuz she killed dat guy (cant rember his name: guy dat raped her)!
Re: Tess Of The D'ubbervilles by mamaput(f): 8:44am On May 29, 2006
It used to be a level stuff when i went to school.
That book is so sad i hate it. it spoils your day. I saw the film too .
Re: Tess Of The D'ubbervilles by Badman888(m): 12:05pm On May 29, 2006
ToyM28:

She was killed, by the village people, because she killed that guy (can't rember his name: guy that raped her)!

o yea i remember now, wow been quite sometime
Re: Tess Of The D'ubbervilles by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:42pm On Dec 09, 2006
read it in secondary school cause it was one of my literature books,its a nice and intresting story cheesy
Re: Tess Of The D'ubbervilles by GL(f): 10:56pm On Dec 21, 2006
i would choose Tess of the D'urbervilles over Robinson Crusoe anyday. i loved reading it tho i wish it wasnt so tragic.

Angel should have listened to Tess when she was trying to confess to him before the wedding, and he should have understood and forgiven her when she eventually did confess after the wedding.
Re: Tess Of The D'ubbervilles by gem87(f): 10:49pm On Dec 29, 2006
yeah i answered it instead of robinson crusoe though our techer went with it
i wanted 2 do tess n i did n got my c in lit.
out of over 300 students there wsnt up 2 5 dat did it thnx 2 d teacher!!
it wlda being more interesting than dumb old robinson crusoe on sum stupid island by himself!!!! n his diary.
Re: Tess Of The D'ubbervilles by gem87(f): 5:14am On Jan 23, 2007
read it again and cried
Re: Tess Of The D'ubbervilles by agnesoseka: 10:40am On Mar 27, 2007
Interesting book, simply lovely.
Re: Tess Of The D'ubbervilles by mi3(f): 3:50am On Oct 13, 2008
nooooo! i'll fight somebody here o! LOL, I like Robinson Crusoeeeeee!, it's not as heartbreaking as all those "tess de Uberville-ish" type things cheesy, i would have picked Robinson Crusoe mehn
Re: Tess Of The D'ubbervilles by princesa(f): 2:27pm On Oct 13, 2008
both books appeal to me
tess because it ended tragically and is very true to nature, since reality is not always about "happily ever after"

robinson crusoe because it was an adventure and seem to detach me from this civilised world to a remote world nd give me the instinct of survival anywhere
Re: Tess Of The D'ubbervilles by luvbooks(f): 11:44pm On Jul 16, 2009
Tess of the D'Ubervilles was a really touching book. It just shows the type of double standards expected from women, It was so sad that Angel had slept with a prostitute and she was able to accept it, but he was unable to accept that she wasnt a virgin. (Even though she was raped !!!)
Re: Tess Of The D'ubbervilles by Shaz(f): 12:21am On Jul 17, 2009
Read that book about 10 years ago . . I can't even remember what was in it - too complex for the little mind grin
Re: Tess Of The D'ubbervilles by kay9(m): 7:57am On Jul 17, 2009
Reminds me of the Mayor of Casterbridge; beats me why anyone writes such tragic shit - even more baffling that peeps are still reading it for exams. angry angry
Re: Tess Of The D'ubbervilles by bluespice(f): 10:01pm On Jul 18, 2009
oh lord i love both books! kiss
and kay, mayor of casterbridge is ssweeeeeet kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
sue me! tongue
Re: Tess Of The D'ubbervilles by kay9(m): 5:18pm On Jul 20, 2009
bluespice:

oh lord i love both books! kiss
and kay, mayor of casterbridge is ssweeeeeet kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
sue me! tongue

I will too!!  grin grin
Re: Tess Of The D'ubbervilles by bluespice(f): 12:39am On Jul 21, 2009
u too like wahala jare grin
Re: Tess Of The D'ubbervilles by kay9(m): 4:43am On Jul 21, 2009
Yes nau! What good is a serial killer if he doesn't drop a stiff every now and then?!

But see, this thread is kinda nice and cozy and quaintly depressing, i wouldn't wanna disturb the neighbourhood peace; what say we carry our beef back to the Rant Thread? Its ok to go crazy there grin
Re: Tess Of The D'ubbervilles by Turiano(m): 3:36pm On Jul 22, 2009
It such a nice book.

(1) (Reply)

My Experience: The First Day I Drank Burkutu (strong Local Alcoholic Drink) / My (almost) Sugar Daddy And Me / NAME The Nairalanders Writers And Their Stories That Made U Read All Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.