Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,200 members, 7,867,487 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:56 PM

A Thread For Mass Servers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Mass Servers (593 Views)

Once A Christian...unsure...questioning. A Thread For Questions. / A Thread For Catholics / Valentine's Day Is Not A Day For Mass Fornication.!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Mass Servers by homesteady(m): 6:11pm On Aug 11, 2013
For Those of us who have been Mass Servers at one point in our life,let's meet here and share our Alter stories! grin
Re: A Thread For Mass Servers by homesteady(m): 6:21pm On Aug 11, 2013
My best function was to serve as the turifer holding the turible! I feel so important and glorious doing that part, Especially when I'm wearing a sparkling white vestment, leading the procession and glorious smoke from the turible will be ushering me through the aisle! #so cute!! LoL
I did not like been the cross bearer, because the work there was not much and it was less glamorous than the others.
Re: A Thread For Mass Servers by tobechi20(m): 7:32pm On Aug 11, 2013
Hmm
Re: A Thread For Mass Servers by homesteady(m): 9:20pm On Aug 11, 2013
My Most memorable day as a Mass server was during a station of the cross mass! gringrin
I just came back from school and I ran to church so that I'll serve Mass that day! I served as the candle bearer.
When we reached the 12th station, my body couldn't bear the hunger and tiredness! The glucose in my brain was exhausted!
When I woke up, I found myself at home gringrin I FAINTED
Re: A Thread For Mass Servers by Rich4god(m): 10:24pm On Aug 11, 2013
It feels good being at the Altar during mass. Will be back with my story.
Re: A Thread For Mass Servers by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 11, 2013
Served mass for nine years. Retired after I was provoked by some church elders in Year 2000 after a harvest celebration. Missed being MC, thurifer and cross bearer. My mom was proud of me.

I played this role so well with humility and piety. Sometimes, I am holier than the Pope. I am still awaiting my blessings for service in the Lord's vineyard. I am not sure when it shall come, now aging.

I am also remember holding the communion tray and turning pages of eucharistic book for Rev. Frs during the mass. I missed serving the Pope.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Mass Servers by italo: 2:57am On Aug 12, 2013
I have never been a mass server but I have many friends who are. I hope to have sons who will be.

You guys are there at every occasion. Masses, funerals, stations, processions, etc. You make great sacrifices to do God's work...I remember one day at mass, a mass server collapsed, we were confused and worried, we found out after the mass that he had been ill even before mass...yet he served.

God bless you guys.
Re: A Thread For Mass Servers by SalC: 4:26am On Aug 12, 2013
homesteady: My Most memorable day as a Mass server was during a station of the cross mass! gringrin
I just came back from school and I ran to church so that I'll serve Mass that day! I served as the candle bearer.
When we reached the 12th station, my body couldn't bear the hunger and tiredness! The glucose in my brain was exhausted!
When I woke up, I found myself at home gringrin I FAINTED
LOL @ bolded. Anyway weldone.
Re: A Thread For Mass Servers by tobechi20(m): 2:10pm On Aug 12, 2013
i remember my first mass, i was on the alter looking downward.....at the large congregation...all of a sudden , my candle fell off cry

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Mass Servers by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 12, 2013
tobechi20: i remember my first mass, i was on the alter looking downward.....at the large congregation...all of a sudden , my candle fell off cry

LWKMD!!! grin

Nice one!
Re: A Thread For Mass Servers by homesteady(m): 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2013
tobechi20: i remember my first mass, i was on the alter looking downward.....at the large congregation...all of a sudden , my candle fell off cry

LOL!!
I hate when my candle goes off enn!! I'll just feel like the ground should swallow me! grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Mass Servers by Rich4god(m): 3:34pm On Aug 13, 2013
When I started serving Mass, I use to shy away from being the MC or carrying the communion plate cos I use to imagine how unworthy I am to bear the plate. But Glory be to God, I started seeing it as a Grace given to me by God.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Mass Servers by Rich4god(m): 5:27pm On Aug 13, 2013
I can still recall the first day I was bearing the the thurible... After incensing the body and blood of Christ during consecration, I was sweating like a christmass goat with no just reason. When we left the altar, the bolt bearer was like... "He thought I was about fainting".

(1) (Reply)

Superior To Death / America ( Modern Babylon) Will Fall!!! / Bible Contradictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.