Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,008 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! (3579 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair / Grow Your Natural Hair Long (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2013
I cant remember the last time i saw a girl of 18yrs and above wearing her natural hair. Maybe natural hair looks patch-patch or something...i dont know!

ladies, pls do away with artificial hair cos it kills the growth ability of natural hair in you and worse all you might pass the gene to your children which means the world will start to have bald head girls.

growing of natural hair can add to nigeria's GDP cos when they grow too long, we can cut some off to sell abroad instead of importing brazilian hair which reduces our countries economy and the pocket of guys.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Sanboy25: 8:41pm On Aug 11, 2013
Hahaha grin grin
Proudly #TeamNaturalHair cool

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Dormitila(f): 8:44pm On Aug 11, 2013
Mtcchhewww... Fixing artificial hair doesn't prevent d growth of d hair... It even helps it 2 grow well... Just say u cn no longer afford brazilian hair n stop telling ppl a2 go on natural hair in dis modern age...

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Skinni10ne: 8:59pm On Aug 11, 2013
Dormitila: Mtcchhewww... Fixing artificial hair doesn't prevent d growth of d hair... It even helps it 2 grow well... Just say u cn no longer afford brazilian hair n stop telling ppl a2 go on natural hair in dis modern age...

Agreed, artificial does not prevent hair from growing but it does not help with hair growth. That is a myth.
Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 11, 2013
^^ you mean attaching artificial hair enhances natural hair growth? Girl, you not only gave them your money, you also help them to put it on your brainwashed head.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Dormitila(f): 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
Stop arguing on stuffs u dnt knw abt... Ask questions b4 having dis pointless arguement.. B4 d artificial hair s attached, d natural hair s plaited into cornrows n dis helps d hair to grow rada dan having 2 comb ur natural hair every morning having hair breakage n d hair always cutting weneva its combed...
Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Skinni10ne: 10:03pm On Aug 11, 2013
Dormitila: Stop arguing on stuffs u dnt knw abt... Ask questions b4 having dis pointless arguement.. B4 d artificial hair s attached, d natural hair s plaited into cornrows n dis helps d hair to grow rada dan having 2 comb ur natural hair every morning having hair breakage n d hair always cutting weneva its combed...

I have natural hair. Again, its a myth. It does not help grow ur hair.
If ur hair breaks becuz of a comb several things could be the cause. Either u did not detangle it properly, it is not moisturized, conditioned or is lacking protein. When ur hair breaks its trying to tell u its not healthy. Your hair grows all the time, how u take care of it retains its length. Extentions have nothing to do with that.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Nobody: 4:00am On Aug 12, 2013
This OP is crazy grin
Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 12, 2013
Segeggs: ^^ you mean attaching artificial hair enhances natural hair growth? Girl, you not only gave them your money, you also help them to put it on your brainwashed head.

Not growth but retention. If the hair is properly tucked away or braided under a weave, wig, or with braids, then the hair can, and usually does, benefit.
Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 12, 2013
^^^^^^Attachments prevents water and air from touching the hair which it needs. It also limits the application of hair cream which is why people now take to the use of relaxers to correct the damage due to lack of proper treatment ofwhich the relaxer does more damage.

if artificial hair helps natural hair grow well then why are we still importing instead of exporting?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 12, 2013
Segeggs: ^^^^^^Attachments prevents water and air from touching the hair which it needs. It also limits the application of hair cream which is why people now take to the use of relaxers to correct the damage due to lack of proper treatment ofwhich the relaxer does more damage.

if artificial hair helps natural hair grow well then why are we still importing instead of exporting?

That's not true. You can wash hair with extensions, weaves, or braids. You can also moisturize hair while wearing extensions, weaves, or braids. A spray bottle or applicator bottle helps.

I never said artificial hair helps natural hair grow well. I said it can help retain length. Proper hair care in general leads to better length retention.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 12, 2013
^^^^ washing hair with water when attachment is on leads to irritation like dandruff, hitching etc
Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by segzicres(m): 9:35am On Aug 12, 2013
True OP, no wonder i appreciate natural flowing hair smiley
Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by peziz(f): 11:39am On Aug 12, 2013
Segeggs: ^^^^ washing hair with water when attachment is on leads to irritation like dandruff, hitching etc
you are just being ignorant. Man wetin you sabi. What you wrote up there is thrash. I wear weavons and still wash the hair and treat appropraitely. Dandruff ko! Lice ni! Mstcheew!! Have you heard of blow/hand dryers? After washing with your weave on, it helps to use a hand dryer to get the water out and applying the right treatment underneath the hair and styling your weave or braids nicely. Bros leave hair matter for who he concern. Besides my natural hair length is just perfect the way i want it. Na everybody want long hair?
Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 12, 2013
^^^ you are talking to a womanologist grin . Besides, hair needs daily washing and i dont think everywoman that wears an artificial hair has a dryer like you... I hail o!

If no be everybody want long hair then why the attachment?
Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Monicasque(f): 12:50pm On Aug 12, 2013
lol
Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 12, 2013
Segeggs: ^^^ you are talking to a womanologist grin . Besides, hair needs daily washing and i dont think everywoman that wears an artificial hair has a dryer like you... I hail o!

Daily washing for hair? Have you lost your mind?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 12, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Daily washing for hair? Have you lost your mind?
the meaning of your comment- all boys have lost their mind since they wash their air on a daily basis.
Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2013
Segeggs: the meaning of your comment- all boys have lost their mind since they wash their air on a daily basis.

All boys dont wash their hair on a daily basis so that argument is invalid.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 12, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

you mean they dont take their bath? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by peziz(f): 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2013
Segeggs: ^^^ you are talking to a womanologist grin . Besides, hair needs daily washing and i dont think everywoman that wears an artificial hair has a dryer like you... I hail o!

oga womanologist! So you actually think most ladies wear weavons because they want longer hair? Mmh... Most ladies would rather go for a neck length weave or bob style. Truth is we even have women with longer hair who wear weavons nd all sort of hair attachements. Even the white folks you all cry and lament about saying we love to imitate then also put on hair extensions/weavon. Abi dem no get long hair? Pls its not all about the hair length jare. Even our mother's of old plait or weave or tie down the natural hair. If you think leaving your natural hair without relaxing or making it in any form is quite comfortable for the average black woman with thick hair strands, ask your mum or sisters or any female in your family. Abi dem no dey fix or braid hair? I don tell you leave matter for us jare, na we get the hair, na we dey maintain am. OUR HAIR OUR PROBLEM; HOW HE CONCERN YOU.... Kai! I forgot you are a womanologist... Lol.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 12, 2013
^^^ natural hair can still reach the shoulder if properly cared for instead of using bob-weavon like you mentioned. Why not stick to your God-given hair? Those ladies close to me who use attachment must have been fooled by peer pressure but i dont blame them cos the world is failing to reason.

Majority of white women wear their natural hair and have enough money to maintain it cos their husband (whiteman) provides it from what he makes from dumping artificial hair in africa. Very soon dangote will takeover the business and next...me, since africans are failing to reason.
Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 12, 2013
Just stop. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 12, 2013
@op why dont you grow your hair and care for it as a girl would... your story would soon change.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by xynerise: 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

You mean those ones that weave their hairs like women?
Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 12, 2013
I had to read the first post again. Imagine 3 people liking a comment that says hair damage is heritable. Lmao.
Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 12, 2013
ogugua88: I had to read the first post again. Imagine 3 people liking a comment that says hair damage is heritable. Lmao.
dont u know? grin
Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by sexymoma(f): 2:50pm On Aug 12, 2013
Ehm @ op imagine if you cut your hair to market abroad... who would buy it from you, Nigeria hair for that matter, Nigerian hair wey be say Lagos hair don mek am brown, some don turn yellow even your fellow Nigerians abroad wont patronize you i swear..... TEAM ATTACHMENT AND WEAVE ON. grin
Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 12, 2013
Segeggs: dont u know? grin

Lol if that was the case, then my hair story would be very different.
Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2013
SniperInADiaper: @op why dont you grow your hair and care for it as a girl would... your story would soon change.
if this was a song, you would be singing off-key.
Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 12, 2013
ogugua88:

Lol if that was the case, then my hair story would be very different.
are mummy and daddy bald? grin no Offeeince
Re: Ladies, Natural Hair Pls! by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 12, 2013
Segeggs: if this was a song, you would be singing off-key.
hahahahahaha,are u dis jobless??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Can I Go To For A Glamor Photo Shoot? / Quality Hp Power Laptop Bags And Designers Bag For Sale / New nOriginal Alexander McQueen Unisex Leather Sneaker For Sale!! Price reduced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.