Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,813 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

This Is Not Right, Yuck Man - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Is Not Right, Yuck Man (1983 Views)

Ebola Outbreak Not Right For Testing Experimental Vaccines, Drugs: Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Not Right, Yuck Man by kennie89: 10:04pm On Jun 03, 2008
After anthropologist Susan McKinley came back home from an expedition in South America, she noticed a very strange rash on her left breast.

Nobody knew what it was and she dismissed it believing that the holes would leave in time.

Upon her return she decided to see a doctor after she started developing intense pains. The doctor, not knowing the exact severity of the disease, gave her antibiotics and special creams. As time lapsed the pain did not subside and her left breast became more inflamed and started to bleed.

She decided to bandage her sores, however as Susan's pain grew more intense she decided to seek help from a more certified doctor. Dr. Lynch could not diagnose the infection and told Susan to seek the aid of one of his colleagues who specializes in dermatology. Unfortunately, the doctor was on vacation.

She waited for two weeks and finally was able to reach the dermatologist.

Sadly, a life changing event was about to unfold during her appointment. To Miss McKinley's surprise, after she removed the bandages, they found larvae growing and squirming within the pores and sores of her breast.

What she didn't know was that the holes were in fact, deeper than she had originally thought, for these larvae were feeding off the fat, tissue, and even milk canals of her breast.

Our undergarments are made in different countries all over the world. They sit in boxes and go through many hands and exchanges before we purchase them for ourselves.

WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT PARASITES ARE IN OUR CLOTHING WHEN WE BUY THEM.

Please make it a habit from this point forward to wash your just-purchased undergarments or ANY garments before wearing them.

Re: This Is Not Right, Yuck Man by kathyekiti: 2:23am On Jun 04, 2008
Interesting picture. Multiple parasites which do not cause any inflammation. Is the patient immunosuppressed?
Re: This Is Not Right, Yuck Man by sistajay(f): 1:20pm On Jun 04, 2008
Wow, what a sight.
Re: This Is Not Right, Yuck Man by naijaking1: 3:22pm On Jun 04, 2008
Good point Kathy. From the write-up, I would give the time from exposure to manifestation to about 6 weeks. Even at 6-weeks, there should be some inflammatory changes around the nipple areolar complex. I know nothing is impossible, but the picture looks like one of those computer generated manipulations of reality. Though the write-up makes a good point about personal hygiene.
Re: This Is Not Right, Yuck Man by fsb(m): 4:30am On Jun 05, 2008
The Picture is definitely a scam otherwise, the pictures look computer generated, I decided to post some pictures of a real case, a 70yr woman with a larvae dsx in her breast, I really don't know how to upload pictures on this forum but I hope my guess work pays off.

Re: This Is Not Right, Yuck Man by fsb(m): 4:33am On Jun 05, 2008
I have a video of the removal but I don't think it's possible to upload videos on this site,
Re: This Is Not Right, Yuck Man by Nobody: 4:43am On Jun 05, 2008
Please take those pictures down!!!!!!!! Gosh!!!!!!!!! sad
Re: This Is Not Right, Yuck Man by dreeldee: 4:46am On Jun 05, 2008
damn! disgusting pitures!!
Re: This Is Not Right, Yuck Man by kathyekiti: 4:55am On Jun 07, 2008
@naijaking1
The picture is definitely photoshopped however the pics by fsb seem authentic. I wonder how the patient did.
Re: This Is Not Right, Yuck Man by fsb(m): 6:07am On Jun 07, 2008
The pxt did perfectly well!!! I have attached a picture of the same breast after treatment,

Hey, kathy? Are you a doctor, I'm working on a website and I'll be needing consultants doctors,
Re: This Is Not Right, Yuck Man by 4Him1(m): 6:14am On Jun 07, 2008
urgh! Gross!
Re: This Is Not Right, Yuck Man by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2008
4 Him:

urgh! Gross!
lmao!!! you never seen that before? grin cheesy
Re: This Is Not Right, Yuck Man by largie(f): 11:32pm On Jun 11, 2008
There was a similar case i witnessed in naija but in that case it was with a baby.you know the main form of drying clothes is hanging them on line,in which case all these mega house flies will visit your clothes and leave their deposit which might be eggs.If you now put those 'washed' clothes on your baby without proper ironing ,there is the chance of the egg settling in the pores of your baby's skin and in a matter of hours the eggs turn to maggots.If NEPA or whatever they are called decide to strike it hastens the incubation.
In short it is good to iron your clothes especially if you have to spread it in an open space
Re: This Is Not Right, Yuck Man by naijaking1: 3:57am On Jun 12, 2008
@FSB
thanks for the authentic pictures, the inflammatory reaction, the edema, and the erythema are typical of an infection.
Did you speciate this organism?

Yes, Kathyekiti is one of our best MDs in the house.
Re: This Is Not Right, Yuck Man by kathyekiti: 6:19am On Jun 12, 2008
@ fsb
Thanks for the M&Msmiley I am an ob/gyn

@Naijaking1
Thanks for the kudos. It goes without saying the feeling is absolutely mutualsmiley

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Nano Silver Is Curing Ebola In Sierra Leone And 3 Counties. / UCH Doctors Suspend Strike After Obasanjo, Elders’ Intervention / Help! I'm Seeing My Period Twice In A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.