Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,371 members, 7,812,092 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

ASUU Strike Destroyed My Life - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike Destroyed My Life (629 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike Destroyed My Life by extraflyfineboy(m): 8:09am On Aug 12, 2013
When I look at my life now, and the life I had imagined for myself, all I see is contrast. When I gained admission into the university
my target was to come out with nothing less than a first class degree.

Reality first set in when just 3 months after my first lecture in school we went on a one week warning strike which escalated to a full strike when we packed all our bags and went home as if we were on a break.

I told myself that I would use the strike period to read ahead so I bought all the books needed and started reading them at home. After sometime, as human as I am I started getting bored so I visited my friend Chris who lived across the street. The visit became frequent and we became very close pals.

At first I was reluctant, but I joined him in going to clubs which was not bad at the time but it escalated to smoking and visiting LovePeddler homes. After a few weeks of hanging out with him I called myself to order and went back to my books but like a magnet, I went back to the reckless and extravagant life style.

After months of living a reckless life the strike was finally called off so we went back to our different schools but the life I had lived during the strike had greatly influenced me so I continued it in school. Those that knew me before were very surprised at my extreme change of character.

I made new friends because the old ones were boring and only cared about reading and praying. As I enjoyed my new life; I became a happening guy in campus.

I no longer had time for my studies as I was busy clubbing, chasing skirts, smoking and anything that was contrary to normal societal norms.

Again, in my third year in school ASUU came again with another strike and I was happy to go home and hook up with Chris again. When I got home, I discovered that Chris had gotten worse than he was the last time we were together. He was now a.......
kindly finish this life touching story here http://umehoma.com

Re: ASUU Strike Destroyed My Life by k2039: 8:25am On Aug 12, 2013
Crap.

His mates are busy making money during the strike, he is there fuc.king and clubbing his life out.

Did ASUU send him to club or chase girls around.

By the way, I don't believe the story one bit, just a blogger trying to sell his blog. But I feel nauseated anytime I see people shifting the blame.

(1) (Reply)

Basic Computer Appreciation And Application Training / Amazing Observations in the English Alphabet :- / ASUU Yet To Call Off Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.