Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Is British Food Horribe: Explain - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is British Food Horribe: Explain (1596 Views)

Who Can Explain This?? Or Is It Nature?? / Someone Please Explain How To Cook Vegetable Soup For Me / Someone Explain How To Cook Ogbono Soup For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is British Food Horribe: Explain by SeanT21(f): 12:17am On Jun 04, 2008
one day while doing a research, i came across this article that was about obama disliking British food. Then while i was watching Coilleg Hill at some friend house, the students took a trip to London and complain about the breakfast they ate being nasty. Anthony, a member of the cast even commented saying that "THEY(BRITISH) EAT TO LIVE, WE(AMERICANS) LIVE TO EAT". Then again i came across this article on a newsite about the french president said quote "You cannot trust people who have such bad cuisine. It is the country [Great Britain] with the worst food after Finland.”.

Tell me those that live in England, is British food bad or is it a stereotype.

more comments on British food

British Food Quotes
“I'll bet what motivated the British to colonize so much of the world is that they were just looking for a decent meal."
Martha Harrison

"Poor Britons, there is some good in them after all -- they produced an oyster."
Saullust, Roman historian, referring to the oyster beds in East Anglia.

"Britain is the only country in the world where the food is more dangerous than the sex."
Jackie Mason

“All in all, I think the British actually hate food, otherwise they couldn't possibly abuse it so badly. Americans, on the other hand, love food but seldom care what it tastes like.”
Bill Marsano

“The British Empire was created as a by-product of generations of desperate Englishmen roaming the world in search of a decent meal.”
Bill Marsano

“Village life makes stale bread so common that toasting has become a national habit restricted to the British Isles and those countries which have been colonized by Britain.”
H.D. Renner, 'The Origin of Food Habits’ (1944)

“You cannot trust people who have such bad cuisine. It is the country [Great Britain] with the worst food after Finland.”
French President Jacques Chirac in a remark on the eve of the G8 summit in 2005

please, britons dont take this offensive.
Re: Is British Food Horribe: Explain by LadyT(f): 12:23am On Jun 04, 2008
your at it again?
undecided
Re: Is British Food Horribe: Explain by SeanT21(f): 12:40am On Jun 04, 2008
LadyT:

your at it again?
undecided

so i guess anytime i say anything about london or nigeria, you call me a hater. Do you want me to believe british food are horribe without getting answers from people living in ENGLAND.

if you think of me that way, then please resist my topics. simple as bread and butter.
Re: Is British Food Horribe: Explain by naijadiva2(f): 6:17pm On Jun 04, 2008
i heard that their food is nasty. i watched that episode of college hill and they where complaining about the food but that was only days later cuz they first day they came, they loved the food, so maybe it was the resturant.
Re: Is British Food Horribe: Explain by SeanT21(f): 9:19pm On Jun 04, 2008
naija_diva:

i heard that their food is nasty. i watched that episode of college hill and they where complaining about the food but that was only days later because they first day they came, they loved the food, so maybe it was the resturant.

thats is exactly what i meant. I heard Indian food is more famous than their own food.
Re: Is British Food Horribe: Explain by Seun(m): 4:21pm On Jun 08, 2008
Your posts could all be fabrications, since you did not list your sources.

(1) (Reply)

Describe This Food In 1 Word / 11 Importance Of Eating Meat Most People Have Ignored (No 5 Will Amaze You) / You Can Deliver Eggs With Little Capital In This Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.