Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den (21327 Views)

Rapists Strangle UTME Candidate In Ogun, Dump Corpse Inside Bush (photo) / Soldier Kills Woman In Ondo Army Barracks (pics) / Rapists On The Loose In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by bcomputer101: 12:10am On Aug 13, 2013
Barely seven months after its occupants were ejected, the Atitebi Police Barracks in Ebute Meta, Lagos State, has turned into a spot where hoodlums smoke hemp and rape young girls.

People living close to the barracks said the hoodlums sneak into the premises and rob at night.

A source, who pleaded anonymity, told PUNCH Metro that the building was formerly occupied by some policemen, who were ejected in January 2013 on the excuse that it was due for renovation.

The source said, “The place was formerly occupied by some policemen. But they were given quit notice, saying it was due for renovation. But when they did not quit, they were ejected in January.

“Since then, we see all manner of things in that place. Hoodlums have now taken over the place. They smoke Indian hemp openly and even rape innocent girls at night.

“When they snatch bags and get into that place, that’s the end of the story.”

A trader, who said he had been living close to the barracks for a long time, added that the hoodlums who take refuge in the building were many.

He said, “I cannot count the number of hoodlums living there. This place started to degenerate immediately the policemen were asked to leave. It’s very unfortunate.”

PUNCH Metro visited the complex and observed that the corridors were littered with faeces and heaps of refuse.

The Stench of marijuana and urine also filled the air as many of the urchins hurriedly moved out through the stairways on sighting our correspondent, who they thought was a law enforcement agent.

It was discovered that although there was only one entrance leading to the barracks, five different exit doors had been created at the back.

The entrance to the barracks faces the Ebute Meta Magistrate Court while the exit points lead to the Ebute Meta railway line.

A secondary school pupil living opposite the barracks said he had seen a number of girls being dragged into the abandoned barracks.

He said, “I live opposite the barracks. Since the evacuation of the policemen, I have heard that those area boys rape some innocent girls there. Any time they steal anything and they run into the place, they mysteriously disappear.”

A middle-aged woman living around the area’ who spoke on condition of anonymity’ said the police used to arrest the hoodlums in the building but stopped doing so because they kept returning.

She said, “We all live in fear here. That day, they came and forced the people living in the building out, saying they wanted to renovate the place. Why ask them to leave when you know you are not ready to reconstruct it?”

The state command’s Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, neither picked her calls nor returned the text messages sent to her.

When the Lagos State Building Control Agency was contacted, an official said the agency would send some of its officers to inspect the building on Monday (today).

http://www.punchng.com/news/abandoned-police-barracks-turns-rapists-hemp-smokers-den/
Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by kunlesehan(m): 10:58am On Aug 13, 2013
the police is ur friend. they gave out their home to the homeless. ... lol ( how thoughtful).

What's that saying again?
A friend with weed
is a friend indeed?
...lol

17 Likes

Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by slinkman(m): 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
why smoke igbooo, in an abandornd police station,, when u can do it in a policestation filled with good policemen, who are ur freinds..

anoda second to comm... kai airtel, una fada yansh...

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by BabaAlabi: 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
I know this comment will go unnoticed but sometimes I like to rub vaseline all over my body and pretend I am a snail.

15 Likes

Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2013
Police is indeed our friend undecided
Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by bokunrawo(m): 6:42pm On Aug 13, 2013
if u think Nigeria is gonna get better some day click like

9 Likes

Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by Lordave: 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
Ok
Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by Tsmooth1(m): 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
R

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by alphaconde(m): 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
bokunrawo: if u think Nigeria is gonna get better some day click like

1 likes

4 Likes

Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by BabaAlabi: 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
#Ashawo4likes..
Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by redcliff: 6:45pm On Aug 13, 2013
Where is @Policewoman? What does she have to say about this? grin
Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 13, 2013
well thats 9ja 4 yhu!
Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 13, 2013

What am I supposed to feel?

Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by ifemiide: 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2013
Thats the continuation of the polices way of life but in another dimension by less criminal minded people.
Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by mcevans1(m): 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2013

Only if it will put food on my table? undecided
Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by Andyblaze: 6:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
Am i first to comment?
Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by 3ace(m): 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2013
I tire for dis country o. At a time when we should be security conscious, should such a premises be left unprotected? Surely, they have forgotten the abandoned building at Okota used by kidnappers to perpetrate their evil act.
Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 13, 2013
OK. d place should be burnt down 2 ashes meanwhile, girls, beware!!!
Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by slinkman(m): 6:55pm On Aug 13, 2013
Andyblaze: Am i first to comment?
u high abi u no dey see very well

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by begwong: 6:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
yes but backwards,na you be first nah!
Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by Afritop(m): 6:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
THE POLICE ARE ALWAYS IN THE HABIT OF CREATING AN AVENUE FOR CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES. When the crime now boomerang, they will be seeking awareness from the media by fighting off the crime. In the said case of godogodo who was imprisoned for 7 years for fighting and his consequent wicked actions on the citizens of the country could be attributed to the law enforcement agencies, the same applied to Mohd Yusuf of boko haram who was killed which led to insurgent uprising and militancy in the North and
Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by Orikinla(m): 6:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
And we have an IG in Nigeria who knows this? When did Nigeria turn to this? Sometimes these reports are even stranger than fiction. From abandoned police college to abandoned police barracks. What a national shame.
Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
One of them undecided
Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by 3ace(m): 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2013
Please o, I need someone to clarify this for me. I recently noticed the use of "molestation" instead of "molesting" in some reports including the one above. Is the usage correct or is it just an error?

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 13, 2013
BabaAlabi: I know this comment will go unnoticed but sometimes I like to rub vaseline all over my body and pretend I am a snail.

With all due respect sir, you are a raving lunatic

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 13, 2013
Who ejected the police? undecided
Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 13, 2013
BabaAlabi: I know this comment will go unnoticed but sometimes I like to rub vaseline all over my body and pretend I am a snail.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

LMAO
Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by born2boink(m): 7:07pm On Aug 13, 2013
I trust fashola to do something, he wouldn't wait until they rape one of there party members like other state. Why molest girl abi dem never build ashawo house for ebute metta
Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by pxjosh(m): 7:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
Spencervivian:
One of them undecided
no. Wake up
Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by dojumav: 7:09pm On Aug 13, 2013
how u take escape from psycho ward...
Re: Abandoned Police Barracks In Lagos Turns Rapists, Hemp Smokers' Den by Jayses(m): 7:09pm On Aug 13, 2013
H

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Policewoman Pours Hot Boiling Water On Her House Help In Ebonyi (Photos) / Young Zambian Man Commits Suicide After Hinting About His Death On Facebook / "We Sell Stolen Keke Napep For N75,000” – Suspect (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.