Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play (10813 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Nigeria: Ban Saga - Fashanu Accuses NFF Of Misleading Fifa / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by Bash92(m): 7:24am On Aug 13, 2013
Sixteen-year old Nigerian rising star, Maduabuchi Obinwa, may be lacing boots for the United States’ U-17 side after being frustrated out of the Golden Eaglets. The parents of the immensely talented footballer, Mr and Mrs Nnanna Obinwa, had wanted their son born in the US on 15th January, 1997, to play for Nigeria and brought him home ostensibly for that purpose.

But Maduabuchi who hit Golden Eaglets’ camp on arrival in Nigeria was told by NFF medics that he failed MRI test. Not convinced, Mrs Stella Obinwa is contesting the result, insisting that her son is not over aged, arguing that it (the result) was only a poly to stop him from lacing boots for the country.

A visibly bitter Mrs Obinwa, while narrating what they went through in the Golden Eaglets’ camp said it was a shame that her son was being denied the opportunity to serve his fatherland. In her words: “My son, Maduabuchi, is a talented footballer and has been doing well in the United States. The US coaches wanted him in their youth team, but we felt he should play for Nigeria.

“We got home only to face all manner of stumbling blocks. The first hurdle was when the NFF said we should pay for his MRI test at the National hospital in Abuja which we did. We paid 100,000 naira to run the test (I have the receipt) but the big surprise was when I was told that my son is over aged going by the MRI result. I have challenged that because I know my son was born 16 years ago in the States. The amazing thing is that the NFF has refused to release the MRI scan result to me. Since I paid for it, it’s my property and I need to see the outcome of the test,” Mrs Obinwa stated.

Beyond the MRI test, she added that she was made to pick the feeding and hotel bills of his son while in camp in Calabar. “The NFF said I should pick the bills of our flight to camp where the Eaglets are camped in Calabar. I also paid for my son’s feeding and accommodation even while the governor of Cross River state was funding the camping exercise there. My boy has been frustrated out of camp and returned to the States where the coaches have since welcomed him into the US U-18 team,” Mrs Obinwa disclosed.

Soccer Star’s check revealed that Maduabuchi, a midfielder, now laces boots for Chicago Magic, a youth club affiliated to PSG soccer academy. He is billed to hit Europe next month to undergo trials with Real Madrid’s youth team.

Maduabuchi is also on the list of 60 top players called up by a U.S. soccer’s scouting network from major cities across the country. The players invited are those born in 1996 and 1997. U.S. U-18 Men’s National Team head Javier Perez is expected to call in some of the top performers from the combine for the next cycle with that age group, which kicks off its next camping in Southern California later this month.

“Out there in the US, everything is all-expenses paid by the government, but here I paid for virtually everything from transportation to MRI test down to his feeding and accommodation and at the end of the day our desire to see him play for Nigeria has not worked out,” Mrs Obinwa lamented.

www.soccerstarng.mobi/story_display_page.php?cover_story_id=856

1 Like

Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by olas24u(f): 7:36am On Aug 13, 2013
More bribes were needed

4 Likes

Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by Bash92(m): 7:52am On Aug 13, 2013
when will dis type of thing stop.....imaging d risk the mother would av gon through coming down to Nigeria so that is kid could play for his country.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by Bolaji911(m): 8:01am On Aug 13, 2013
Nigeria will always be Nigeria....the player must meet the Oga at the top first

1 Like

Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by JohnFrankling(m): 8:08am On Aug 13, 2013
corruption
Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by nwosaanthony(m): 12:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
See good players leaving all because of theses oga @ d top wen he shines nd plays well for madrid I bet they will regret it nd upon all the sacrifices made by his patrortic parents to see him serve his fatherland these oga @ d top ar still blocking his way God help our football administrators

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by emiye(m): 12:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
I guess the mother was also too desperate.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by aminho(m): 12:50pm On Aug 13, 2013
welcome to 9ja
Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by arabanibaba: 12:51pm On Aug 13, 2013
madam pls ask them to release the MRI test of you sue them
Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by Omaty: 12:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
NFF should release the result of the test.
Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by Fazhy: 12:55pm On Aug 13, 2013
I believe there is no way this MRI test will be absolute. errors are bound to happen.

Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by henrychubayo: 12:55pm On Aug 13, 2013
Too bad for Nigeria. Many has been treated this way before now. But I thought that we have improved in this aspect. In the US, everything is in d system unlike Nigeria. They could still find out his real age thru the immigration dept. We really need to change. So unfortunate for this woman who don't want ro be deceived but keep working hard for wat is right. Now we are waiting for reply from NFF now but I feel d woman is saying the truth
Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by Ajibam: 12:56pm On Aug 13, 2013
Nonsense!!!
Y wud she be blabbing when she hasn't see d result...

Well we can recruit him to our local team here **seun football star**

1 Like

Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 13, 2013
Thunder fire those men in NFF. Bribe go kill dem.Someone that was born in USA everything is in computer,there is no way their Parents will lie on that. Mumu NFF .

3 Likes

Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by brownlord: 12:56pm On Aug 13, 2013
OKAY, THE WOMAN THINK SAY NA U.S SHE DEY WHEN THINGS DEY GO AS NORMAL, MAMA MADUAUCHI THIS IS NOT UNITED STATE, WELCOME TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY.

CHAI WHAT A COUNTRY, AND USELESS BRITAIN SAY MAKE I SITDOWN FOR THIS SAME COUNTRY DEVELOPE AM, IF PEKIN WHEN COME FROM USA AND E GET WHO EVEN SUPPORT PAY 100K NO GET OPPORTUNITY BECOS E NO GET GOD FATHER FOR ASO ROCK, WHAT OF ME WHEN NO GET FATHER NOT TO TALK OF THE GOD OWN

3 Likes

Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by alienware(m): 12:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
9ja na for thick skin,No be for ajebo like ur son.
Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by banky222: 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2013
may God bless this young boy and his parents for putting nija first. shame on NFF

10 Likes

Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by brownlord: 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2013
Ajibam: Nonsense!!!
Y wud she be blabbing when she hasn't see d result...

Well we can recruit him to our local team here **seun football star**

YOU SEE YOUR LIFE? FIGHTING TO BE ON FIRST PAGE WITHOUT READING THE POST

“We got home only to face all manner of stumbling blocks. The first hurdle was when the NFF said we should pay for his MRI test at the National hospital in Abuja which we did. We paid 100,000 naira to run the test (I have the receipt) but the big surprise was when I was told that my son is over aged going by the MRI result. I have challenged that because I know my son was born 16 years ago in the States. T]he amazing thing is that the NFF has refused to release the MRI scan result to me. Since I paid for it, it’s my property and I need to see the outcome of the test,” Mrs Obinwa stated.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by nerodenero: 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
When are we going to get it right in this country? Why are we always known for doing the wrong thing? Will we ever change? Is this the way we will continue? Madam, relax yourself, just a matter of time before Nigeria come calling for your son to lace his boot for the country. He should just keep at what he knows how to do best and he would surely play for the country.
Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by adtiezy1(m): 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
nigeria yi ti gbogbo wa ni komagbodo baje nitori kosiibomiran ti ale lo ajo oo le da bi ile ejaka sowopo ka imo san kan gbe kemi gbe eeeee cheesy cheesy grin grin cool..singing...thats our country for you....settle our oga @ the top before you get your position grin
Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by ogele: 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
Madam ask them to hand u the MRI test and get a good Lawyer to sue NFF, this shit have to stop, plz we need names of the officials who asked you to pay for your son flight tickets, feeding and the MRI test. NFF again?

3 Likes

Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by banky222: 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2013
emiye: I guess the mother was also too desperate.
nope ! she is a caring mum.

9 Likes

Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by owolabifunke14(f): 1:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
I like this family a lot. They gave their son Nigerian names in order to remind him of his root and routes. Back to the matter at hand, I'm suspecting that the MRI machine in Abuja hospital is faulty. Why must someone pay to serve his country? Mr President owes us an explanation here

1 Like

Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by optimusprime2(m): 1:03pm On Aug 13, 2013
NFF & their Mago-mago, a rookie will never be given a clear shot, they only want readymade players eg Victor Moses, Gabriel Agbonlahor...
*Sighs* If only U.S.A was fanatical about Soccer like they are with Basketball, I see no reason why the Lad should bother playing for Nigeria if he can play for the American team...
Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by Kslib(m): 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2013
Whaaaat?
Wait a minute,NFF accusing someone of being over-aged?
Maybe they were just indirectly telling the woman that her son was too young.. The woman should bring back her son when he's 25 and ask the NFF to include him in their Under 17 and see if he wont get in sharp sharp!!

12 Likes

Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by Clemzy16(m): 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2013
"this is as a result of corruption and nepotism"

"if you don't have a stand in the society, you can hardly get through anything"

"imagine to Uche brothers playing in a national team, does that mean there are no other good players out there."

BTW, why should a test cost that much. ."

1 Like

Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by Bright2(m): 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2013
Oh sorry madam,here we read national anthem from our books not from the heart even some leaders here can't even read it audibly from the book, in that case what do you expect? Too bad,though the story of the NFF might also be interesting if you hear from their own side,however am sorry welcome to Nigeria.
Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by naijaobi(m): 1:11pm On Aug 13, 2013
This is mrs obinwa's side of the story.. We also need to hear from NFF.. Because she's from the U.S doesnt mean she can't lie. Period.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by Elmos: 1:11pm On Aug 13, 2013
optimus-prime1:
NFF & their Mago-mago, a rookie will never be given a clear shot, they only want readymade players eg Victor Moses, Gabriel Agbonlahor...
*Sighs* If only U.S.A was fanatical about Soccer like they are with Basketball, I see no reason why the Lad should bother playing for Nigeria if he can play for the American team...
IF THE GUY HAS US BIRTH CERTIFICATE, THERE IS NO NEED TO DO ANY TEST, THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE IN ENOUGH TO ASCERTAIN HIS AGE, I RESIDE HERE IN US, AND I KNOW WHAT AM TALKING ABOUT, TAKE US ISSUED BIRTH CERTIFICATE TO ANY AGENCY IN THE WORLD,THEY WILL NOT BLINK AN EYE BEFORE THEY KNOW THAT IS YOUR DATE OF BIRTH IF THE RESULT IS RIGHT THEN, THE MACHINE IS FAULTY OR THE PERSON WHO CARRIED OUT THE TEST IS QUESTIONABLE, THEREFORE EVERY RESULT GENERATED BY THE MACHINE SHOULD NOT BE TAKING SERIOUSLY.

4 Likes

Re: Mother Of USA-Based Golden Eaglets Invitee Accuses NFF Of Foul Play by Dogzimalon: 1:13pm On Aug 13, 2013
Morrow they will be running round asking him to play for super eagles if he becomes a star.what bribe will do to these old men ehh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uche Okafor Is Dead / Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. / AFCON 2019: Profiling Nigeria’s AFCON Opponents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.