Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,810 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Pls Vote Her For World Muslimah Competition - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Pls Vote Her For World Muslimah Competition (847 Views)

Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story / For The Classy, Trendy, Stylish And Modest Muslimah / 'Islam Has Psychologically Damaged Me' -- Depression Of A Teenage Ex-muslimah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Vote Her For World Muslimah Competition by tohirah(f): 6:13pm On Aug 13, 2013
Salam sis/bro in Islam

A frnd of mine is contesting in the world muslimah competition. She needs as many votes as possible. PLEASE vote for her via this link
http://ads2.kompas.com/layer/muslimah/contestant#1374147955

Her name is Obabiyi Aisha
Jazakallah
Re: Pls Vote Her For World Muslimah Competition by maclatunji: 6:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
Wa Alaykum Salam, your friend does write sublimely. However, I have reservations about the entire concept. It is basically a beauty contest.
Re: Pls Vote Her For World Muslimah Competition by showietee: 7:10pm On Aug 13, 2013
Subhanallah.... Is this sunnah?
Re: Pls Vote Her For World Muslimah Competition by tohirah(f): 7:58pm On Aug 13, 2013
maclatunji: Wa Alaykum Salam, your friend does write sublimely. However, I have reservations about the entire concept. It is basically a beauty contest.
showietee: Subhanallah.... Is this sunnah?
Its not like the conventional beauty contest where they have to cat walk down d run way undecided. They are judged primarily on their Quran recitation level and as you can see on the page; their hijab experience. It is an online thing. Btw, they have only one pic uploaded
Re: Pls Vote Her For World Muslimah Competition by deols(f): 9:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
HEll NO.

There is no way I am liking that photo.

First, it would be unfair to choose her when others are probably more beautiful undecided

On a serious note, it is as if some Muslims are hell bent on copying the others. It reeks of a lack of self esteem. Oh so someone decides, let us create a beauty pageant. No, an Islamic beauty pageant and[s] show the world that our women are also beautiful[/s]

I cannot even think, no matter how much I try, of something beneficial about it. Maybe I need help on that.

That thing is annoying- FACT!

1 Like

Re: Pls Vote Her For World Muslimah Competition by tbaba1234: 9:07pm On Aug 13, 2013
So what purpose does it serve? I just watched a youtube video of the sister campaigning for votes, well actually, i couldn't even watch it to the end because i had to 'lower my gaze' with all the different pictures they were showing. Even though, they try to make it Islamic, it still reeks of a beauty contest. Why didn't they make it a Quranic contest for sisters instead?

That is just my opinion.
Re: Pls Vote Her For World Muslimah Competition by deols(f): 9:25pm On Aug 13, 2013
tbaba1234: So what purpose does it serve? I just watched a youtube video of the sister campaigning for votes, well actually, i couldn't even watch it to the end because i had to 'lower my gaze' with all the different pictures they were showing. Even though, they try to make it Islamic, it still reeks of a beauty contest. Why didn't they make it a Quranic contest for sisters instead?

That is just my opinion.

I didnt see the video even though I have no gaze lowering to do on it.

Islam was meant to be distinct and now we have people deliberately copying others and promoting their jahiliyyah
Re: Pls Vote Her For World Muslimah Competition by tbaba1234: 9:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
Abu Sa'id al-khudri reported Allah's Messenger as saying:

'You would tread the same path as was trodden by those before you inch by inch and step by step so much so that if they had entered into the hole of the lizard, you would follow them in this also.

We said: Allah's Messenger, do you mean Jews and christians (by your words) "those before you"?

He said: Who else (than those two religious groups)?'

Muslim Book 34 Hadith 6448.
Re: Pls Vote Her For World Muslimah Competition by kayword(m): 10:58pm On Aug 13, 2013
Na wa o, this is definitely not sunnatic. I dunno how events such as this even get sponsors.
Re: Pls Vote Her For World Muslimah Competition by maclatunji: 11:28pm On Aug 13, 2013
tohirah:

Its not like the conventional beauty contest where they have to cat walk down d run way undecided. They are judged primarily on their Quran recitation level and as you can see on the page; their hijab experience. It is an online thing. Btw, they have only one pic uploaded

I understand what you are saying but ladies by nature are "beautiful". Anything that broadcasts this quality is at the very least disliked in public in Islam.

Their husbands are the ones that should have the joy and satisfaction of seeing them in their full glory.

I know your friend will have a lot of additional "toasters" by this your thread alone. That is not the best for her faith.

@All, tone down your criticism.

1 Like

Re: Pls Vote Her For World Muslimah Competition by Vansnickers: 12:36am On Aug 14, 2013
Hmmmm.
Re: Pls Vote Her For World Muslimah Competition by showietee: 5:21am On Aug 14, 2013
kayword: Na wa o, this is definitely not sunnatic. I dunno how events such as this even get sponsors.

Bro you're funny.... How did boko haram get sponsors? Some people did claim that they established the taliban group, do we still need a schooled person to tell us the sponsor of such org?

Enemies of the truth ll not stop, and as it is said in the hadith posted by bro tbaba ^ earlier...

They ll follow the ways of their friends, so everyone of you should be careful wit who he keeps as a close friend.

(1) (Reply)

6 Fun Facts About Fasting In The Month Of Ramadan / Video:muslim Overturns Tables, Angrily Lectures People For Eating During Ramadan / Don't Worry About Insults | Mufti Menk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.