Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,986 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Say No To Jungle Justice - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Say No To Jungle Justice (533 Views)

Jungle Justice(pictures)...should This Really Continue? / Photos: Jungle Justice For Indian Rapists Who Raped & Hung 7-year-old Girl / Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Say No To Jungle Justice by diamond02: 8:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
Nobody knows Samuel’s full name...

We just know that he was 12 years old – a child who somehow found himself being accused of trying to abduct another child.

Homeless with his family
Despite the situation Samuel is able to explain his story very clearly. He is on the street with his mother and possibly other brothers and sisters. He explains that “my parents quarrelled everyday” and that “my daddy sent us packing”. “My mother took us to our brother’s house...My brother also sent us away because of bed wetting”. Samuel was a homeless child, whose experience had made him, or his brothers/sisters, wet the bed in which they slept.
Begging on the streets of Lagos
Samuel ended up on the Lagos streets begging “My mummy asked us to go begging for money to eat”. He begs to be taken to his “mummy” who he claims is nearby but is likely to be helpless. He shows the mob the fifty Naira note that has been given to him as a beggar.  He pleads “ before God and man I am only a beggar”

Accused of abduction
Samuel is accused of trying to abduct a child. But it should be noted that those who speak out in the mob appear to have no direct knowledge of what happened. When one is asked he says “They said he wanted to kidnap a child at a school with this 50 Naira”. This is the same 50 naira which Samuel had tried to prove he was a beggar. This 50 naira is the only proof that is provided for his killing.

Murdered
Samuel is murdered by burning. He is ignited once but manages to run away and extinguish the flames. He is then tied up a burnt again. Rubbish is packed around him to ensure the flames take hold. No-one knows what happened to Samuel’s body.

http://www.dontwalkaway.org.ng 

Watch video at http://www.africanseer.com/headline/302390-twelve-year-old-nigerian-boy-burnt-alive-by-mob-video.html
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice by staggerman(m): 10:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
Evil has crept into this nation. It is growing into a great monster, and everyone is watching unconcerned.
This generation in this nation has become worse than the people of Sodom and Gomorrah. They attack strangers and kill anyone seen as a so called "strange face".

Right now a young man I know is currently in detention in SARS Rivers State, for over one month now without being charged to court. He is being tortured severely, threatened to be shot if he doesn't confess to crimes he didn't commit.
His offense was that he was a "strange face" in an area. The young man had been trying to locate the house of a relative who was having a child dedication on Sunday 30th June 2013. He was with a friend, and they stopped to ask a young man to direct them to the street they were trying to locate. He told them to wait for him. He left and returned with a group of young men. they pounced on them and beat them, stripping them and took pictures of the whole acts.
The police arrived before something worse could happen and they were whisked away till today.
his other friend has just been released after paying N150,000. But he is still being detained and tortured. Declared guilty by a mob, and the police.

I believe our constitution states that a person is innocent until declared guilty by a competent court. Not by a Police officer, nor by a group of people.

In February this year, a friend of mine in whose house we hold midnight non-denominational prayers, was nearly attacked by a mob at oyigbo Rivers State. he is a Second Class Upper graduate of Petroleum Engineering FUTO. He has a masters degree and is almost rounding up his PhD. He is a fellowship leader and strong member of the Kings Assembly Portharcourt.
He simply attended a friend's child dedication at Oyigbo, and on his way returning, he was surrounded by a group of people who accused him of stealing N4,000 from a lady's bag some hours earlier. People saw him as a stranger walking along the street and concluded he must be the thief terrorizing their area. It took the prompt intervention of friends and colleagues who rushed to the scene when news got back to the venue of the child dedication, to rescue him.

These things are horrible. As for me, since I was born, no one has ever crossed me and gone free. Strong forces protect me. people who have attempted evil against me have always faced terrible judgements almost instantly.

Fortify yourself and you will prevail against evil. Stand against evil and you will spare your generation.

When men become violent to strangers, they may unknowingly attack Angels, thereby bringing quick judgement upon themselves and their entire nation.
Remember when Sodom got destroyed, it wasn't only the attackers that were killed, but every single man, woman and child, whether old or young.
When one person commits evil acts, judgement may come on everyone who has not done anything to stop such evil.
It is time to bring Light or be consumed in the coming darkness
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice by johnstar(m): 10:25pm On Aug 13, 2013
I almost cried y watchn dat video on sat sad.... Poor Samuel, rip... Bt some yoruba ppl juz lack sense sha, jobless ppl, even ppl wey knw no wetn happen dey talks say him 1 kidnap pikin, ow dat kind small boi go kidnap pikin 4 day tym, hu b d pikin wey him 1 gv 50naira, shit happens oooo.... RIP Samuel, na God go judge oooo
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice by Fkforyou(m): 7:40am On Aug 14, 2013
It high we act on this issue,am sure there are many human right activist in lagos and other states they should at least write a petition to the governors or legislators so that a bill would be passed on random killing by these mobs...to make matters worst,the police are involved in this problem..WTF.
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 14, 2013
God bless u for creating this topic,read abt dat samuel lynching, cldnt even watch the video cos I still hav the Aluu 4 video plastered in my head, I rememberd how I cried and it beats me that a normal human can beat a fellow human being to pulp like a roach and futher proceed to set them ablaze, the painful part is that it keeps happening and the authorities won't do any thing abt it! I have said that in this country it will get to point when the poor gets to feed on the rich...... this happenings are beyond Sodom and Gomora! Surely the world is about to end.
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice by Nobody: 4:04am On Aug 15, 2013
cry cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders,how Did You Feel The First Time Your Post Was On The Front Page / US Names Navy Base Shootingsuspect / Airplane Crash: Hoodlums Fight Dirty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.