Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial (10284 Views)

Prof. Osinbajo Pledges To God Not To Steal Public Funds If Elected / Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M / Prophet Obadare Never Saw Bimbo Odukoya In Hell ---- Pastor Paul Obadare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Tolexander: 7:55am On Aug 14, 2013
Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola has approved N35 million for the funeral of Prophet Timothy Oluwole Obadare, founder of the World Soul-winning Evangelical Mission (WOSEM.)

In a statement, Commissioner for Finance, Economic Planning and Budget Dr. Wale Bolorunduro said the money was in appreciation of the late preacher’s contributions to the state, Nigeria and the world.

He said the money was for the construction of a mausoleum, the burial ceremony and intervention work of the deceased, who died on March 21.

Prophet Bolorunduro described the late Obadare as a great spiritual icon, who made the state proud.

He said the deceased promoted Osun internationally during his missionary duties as the General Evangelist of the Christ Apostolic Church (CAC).

The commissioner said the late Prophet Obadare’s mausoleum would attract tourists to the state.

The preacher’s remain will be buried on Saturday at the WOSEM Theology Centre in Ilesha.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=116233

1 Like

Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Afam4eva(m): 8:52am On Aug 14, 2013
I think this is in order since Obadare was also the former governor of Osun state before becoming a pastor? I'm i right?
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by takedat(m): 8:55am On Aug 14, 2013
Afam4eva: I think this is in order since Obadare was also the former governor of Osun state before becoming a pastor? I'm i right?
grin You have no idea who he is, yet you rushed to comment... Bebesco!!!

9 Likes

Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Maxymilliano(m): 9:00am On Aug 14, 2013
Afam4eva: I think this is in order since Obadare was also the former governor of Osun state before becoming a pastor? I'm i right?

What is this one saying

2 Likes

Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Tolexander: 9:02am On Aug 14, 2013
early morning paraga isn't good!

This is the list of Osun State military and civilian governors since its creation on august 27 1991:

Col. Segun Leo Ajiborisa(august 1991- January 1992)

Alhaji Isiaka Adetunji Adeleke(January 1992- November 1993)

Col. A.F.K Akale(November 1993-December 1993)

Navy Capt Anthony Udofia(December 1993- August 1996)

Col. Anthony Obi(August 1996- August 1998)

Col. Ebenezar Bamgboye(August 1998- May 1999)

Alhaji Adebisi Abdulkareem Akande(May 1999-May 2003)

Rt Brigadeir General Olagunsoye Oyinlola(May 2003- November 2010)

Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola(November 2010 till date)

where in the list is Prophet T.O Obadare?

7 Likes

Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Afam4eva(m): 9:10am On Aug 14, 2013
Tolexander: early morning paraga isn't good!
Is it wrong to honour a former governor by the state contributing to his burial? Pls let's be considerate. This is a man that served Osun state as a Governor so he deserves nothing less.
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by seanet02: 9:23am On Aug 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
Is it wrong to honour a former governor by the state contributing to his burial? Pls let's be considerate. This is a man that served Osun state as a Governor so he deserves nothing less.
too much of ogidigba is dangerous to sanity

8 Likes

Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Iaz93: 9:25am On Aug 14, 2013
35 million naira for burial??!?! My God is watching

...in HD

2 Likes

Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Pistismie(f): 9:27am On Aug 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
are u sure u dey 9ja?
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by juman(m): 9:28am On Aug 14, 2013
It's wrong in a sane country. A country where there are millions of unemployed people.
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by ojoko1(m): 9:30am On Aug 14, 2013
Iaz93: 35 million naira for burial??!?! My God is watching

...in HD
LIKE SERIOUSLY? [color=#770077][/color]
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by wrench: 9:31am On Aug 14, 2013
Iaz93: 35 million naira for burial??!?! My God is watching

...in HD

Some Folks Are Nitwit.

1 Like

Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by anishe(m): 9:31am On Aug 14, 2013
Pure waste of State collective resources. When are we going to wise up in this country?
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by olaezebala: 9:31am On Aug 14, 2013

He ruled the state for 15years. He was a great governor lolz

1 Like

Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 14, 2013
Dats a waste if u ask me. Nigeria use millions 4 everything yet most of us are strugling to make ends meet. 35million is enof to set up a memorial in his name in Osun to benefit d citizens rather than slaughtering cows and sharing can drinks.
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by ayyoshert: 9:31am On Aug 14, 2013
If Baba obadare could still voice out,
he would have told him to use the money to cater for the masses.
Continue to rest with the lord one of the very few true men of God.

4 Likes

Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by dhariey: 9:31am On Aug 14, 2013
sad
U're right oo...he was also a 4ma president sef....

2 Likes

Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 14, 2013
OMO see as dead man don hammer!! GOD kuku Destroy dis world mk everybody start afresh

1 Like

Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by simpleseyi: 9:32am On Aug 14, 2013
Afam, I hope everything is okay. If you must drink, pls drink NAFDAC approved drinks like Alomo, Agoniga , Yahu, Chelsea e.t.c. Obadare was never a state governor nor a politician during his first journey on earth, maybe when he reincarnates and come to the world again. Pls stop mis-informing people.
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by gbadexy(m): 9:32am On Aug 14, 2013
Chei! Una wicked o.
Obadare has always being a clergy man to the best of •̸Ϟ•̸y knowledge.
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by damola1: 9:33am On Aug 14, 2013
How much did Papa Fashola's burial cost lagos again?

1 Like

Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by SORTER: 9:33am On Aug 14, 2013
NO YOU ARE NOT.....OYAA NI E!
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by wellmax(m): 9:33am On Aug 14, 2013
Should have been "Am I right"
Anyways you are wrong.
Obadare was a blind preacher who never had anything to do with politics.

1 Like

Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Tolexander: 9:35am On Aug 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
go back to the post you quoted, i have edited it by adding to it!
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by adekennis(m): 9:37am On Aug 14, 2013
You are full of sarcasm cheesy cheesy
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by peckhamboi: 9:38am On Aug 14, 2013
Afam4eva:

[size=13pt]Seriously, who make this guy a moderator? He is beyond dumb smh.[/size]
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by pappilo(m): 9:38am On Aug 14, 2013
Pistismie: are u sure u dey 9ja?

The guy dey Naija na. Where him wan go when High Commission don seize him passport? Unless him go emigrate go Mesebo, Benin Republic.

1 Like

Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by adekennis(m): 9:38am On Aug 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
You are full of sarcasm cheesy cheesy
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by omoba007(m): 9:39am On Aug 14, 2013
There is nothing bad in giving him the title of an ex_governer

Baba sun re
R.I.P
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by TAILAS01(m): 9:39am On Aug 14, 2013
@afam:obadare was never a governor neither's he a politician...hez a well known evangelist. U should read the write up again without inverting it. telling u this cos i keep wondering where ur location might be...
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Olucheye(m): 9:40am On Aug 14, 2013
The Sense of True Democracy is Lost!
35 Effing Million Naira for the burial ceremony of Prophet Obadare?
I Don't Have an Issue if the said was out of the Governor's personal purse. But using hard earned taxpayers money for this purpose is pure purposelessness from the State Government.

This same 35million Naira if Well utilized would have provided;

1. 50 Brand New 'Low-Cost" Chinese cars that could have been distributed out free of charge to unemployed youths in Osun State.

2. Fashion Training institute that could have been equipped with different kind of machines needed, and large enough to provide free training for at least 100 youths every 6months, who would later graduate to boost up the local fashion industry.

3. It Would provided free scholarship for at least 500 fresh indigent undergraduates and see them through Government-Owned universities that Are in Osun state.

I could go and on and list what this 35million could have done. One wonders where this folks keep their sane minds soon as they enter into power. Its also in this same state that we have 1billion/km roads. God help us. Ogbeni Aregbe! This is pure Waste of Government Money!

BOTTOMLINE; Be a Good Man of God in Osun state, and be rest assured your burial site will be a state acclaime tourist site attraction for Osun. [i]*Pure Rubbish!!!*[i]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan's Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerians / Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition / Jerry Rawlings Blasts Premium Times Over 'irresponsible' Journalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.