Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,500 members, 7,823,167 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Nigeria’s Photo-based Social Platform, Hipingg.com Releases Mobile Launcher - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Nigeria’s Photo-based Social Platform, Hipingg.com Releases Mobile Launcher (1008 Views)

Photo: Based On This What Are Your Roots? / Create4millions : Developing Games For Series 40 Java Platform / The Platform 9.0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Photo-based Social Platform, Hipingg.com Releases Mobile Launcher by docjuli(m): 3:40pm On Aug 14, 2013
Nigeria’s photo sharing platform Hipingg.com has launched its mobile launcher becoming the first photo sharing site and media tool, documenting world events as they happen in real time.

According to Prudence Okoilu, its founder, “The Mobile Launcher Hipingg 1.0 is our first step in going mobile. Its not a complete app but a launcher on the mobile that directs users to the original site. Hipingg 2.0 will be the app.”

The mobile launcher will help smartphone users to get their social media networks and favourite brands to interact and be part of the social media community on the go.

With over 60,000 active users every day, the site’s plans to go mobile are gradually being achieved with the release of Hipingg 1.0 Mobile launcher for Nokia, Blackberry and Android versions. The mobile launcher will is the first version of the Mobile app which will redirect users to the Hipingg site when clicked on.

“We at Hipingg believe mobile is one of the underlying things in every social network that becomes successful. You can’t take a desktop experience and shove it into a 3-by-4- mobile screen. It’s a very different behaviour pattern. It’s a very different browse pattern. People interact with their phones very differently than they do with their PCs and I think that when you design from the ground up with mobile in mind, you create a very different product than going the other way. That is why it has taken us this long to go mobile with this platform,” said Okoilu.

“We’re tackling a very large market with big unsolved problems in mobile. I can’t wait to get out our next few releases that I think will really change the way people look at mobile photography and their phones. While I can’t share details yet, I assure you it will be pretty awesome. We are coming out with many more versions to improve our mobile and this is a first step,” Okoilu added.

Hipingg is a Nigerian-based photo sharing platform with currently over 60,000 registered members and is most popular in Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, Kenya, United States, and the United Kingdom.

http://techmoran.com/hipping/
Re: Nigeria’s Photo-based Social Platform, Hipingg.com Releases Mobile Launcher by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
Poor design

(1) (Reply)

Watch Movies Online Free, Seo Services In Ludhiana, / Ms Word,excel,autocad Patner Nided / Where To Get Commercial Prepress Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.