Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,096 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins (128018 Views)

5 Foods That Helps In Increasing Sperm Count. / Foods That Make Your Buttocks Bigger Naturally / Nigerian Foods That One Can Eat If Watching Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by SHARA33: 6:55pm On Aug 16, 2013
I think the yam is CoCoyam[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#000099][/color] known as LAMBO by the Yorubas. It can be boiled and eaten with palm oil just like the normal yam you can also pound to make pounded-yam ...i hope this helps, but i still believe God gives Children Twins or triplet
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by Odunharry(m): 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2013
SmashingM: M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ sef com dey interested. Following.

I ll give u 3set of twin
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by farem: 7:03pm On Aug 16, 2013
I Think it flows in the heredity. My mama born a set of triplets and another set of twins in sequence! My sister had two boys as first born. Fruitfulness, blessing, good health and longevity in my lineage, It has been God!
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 16, 2013
°°°mixedchic°°°:
my
fiend who is currently undergoing fertility treatment would like to
increase her chances of having twins. so she visited over the weekend
and we searched the internet on how to concieve twins and heres what we
found.

the yoruba tribe has the highest number of multiple births ie twins,
triplets in the world and they attribute this to the consumption of a
particular wild yam.
the wife of ekiti state governor tried to educate rural women to
consume less of the said wild yam due to the potential danger
associated with multiple births. I reckon ekiti has the most percentage
of all other states.

in lieu of these facts I would like to know the local name of this wild
yam and also its preparation.
what dish is made out of it.
how long should she be on the diet before conception or is it too late
given that she has not been eating this from childhood?
and lastly are there other foods, veggies etc.. to combine it with.

we are not trying to play God, but obviously God has given us all we
want. its just for us to use them for our benefits.

your contributions are highly appreciated
wink

Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 16, 2013
Gboliwe: I am interested. Very interested

Me too, my wife to be is having twin boys as first issue.

Nah so e go be.
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by Shaadey: 7:06pm On Aug 16, 2013
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 16, 2013
°°°mixedchic°°°:
my friend who is currently undergoing fertility treatment would like to increase her chances of having twins. so she visited over the weekend
and we searched the internet on how to concieve twins and heres what we found.

the yoruba tribe has the highest number of multiple births ie twins, triplets in the world and they attribute this to the consumption of a particular wild yam.

the wife of ekiti state governor tried to educate rural women to
consume less of the said wild yam due to the potential danger
associated with multiple births. I reckon ekiti has the most percentage of all other states.

in lieu of these facts I would like to know the local name of this wild yam and also its preparation.
how long should she be on the diet before conception or is it too late given that she has not been eating this from childhood?

we are not trying to play God, but obviously God has given us all we
want. its just for us to use them for our benefits.

wink

U need no damn wild yam. If i work on u for just a night, expect noting less than triplet. 100% assured
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 16, 2013
spongeback: Am interested I have a feeling that I will be getting married soon so I need to prepare my oven.

Okay, prepare your bakery too...

2 Likes

Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 16, 2013
spongeback: Am interested I have a feeling that I will be getting married soon so I need to prepare my oven.

So u av a feeling of getting married soon when u dont even av a man. Are u getting married to urself?

1 Like

Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 16, 2013
I'm from Ekiti with lots of twin in my family. My mom was a twin (emphasis on was), it is my turn angry tongue I want twins o embarassed

So which yam are we supposed to eat again? embarassed

Since it's hereditary, is it on the woman's side cuz na we get the eggs

2 Likes

Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by Jimohlawal(m): 7:12pm On Aug 16, 2013
@[0:0: ]
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 16, 2013
I'm a twin tongue
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by goshen26: 7:15pm On Aug 16, 2013
Learnin mood
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 16, 2013
RedBenson:

So u av a feeling of getting married soon when u dont even av a man. Are u getting married to urself?

nah my 2nd wife you dey insult.
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 16, 2013
babz09: Am from Ekiti too,and am a living witness, my Gran Ma had 3set of twins,buh most of dem dies remaining my dad who died few weeks ago.but I want to believe dis assertion.and I hope to have a set of Twins too some day.cus my immediate elder Sis has a set of twins too.
grin

How active are ekiti men on bed and how huge is thier manhood? Btw, sorry for the death od ur dad!
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 16, 2013
ibkaye: I'm a twin tongue

My evil twin tongue
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 16, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

My evil twin tongue
I thought I was the good one tongue
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by dangiwa09(m): 7:17pm On Aug 16, 2013
°°°mixedchic°°°:
[b]my fiend who is currently undergoing fertility treatment [/b]would like to increase her chances of having twins. so she visited over the weekend and we searched the internet on how to concieve twins and heres what we found.

the yoruba tribe has the highest number of multiple births ie twins, triplets in the world and they attribute this to the consumption of a particular wild yam.
the wife of ekiti state governor tried to educate rural women to consume less of the said wild yam due to the potential danger associated with multiple births. I reckon ekiti has the most percentage of all other states.

in lieu of these facts I would like to know the local name of this wild yam and also its preparation.
how long should she be on the diet before conception or is it too late given that she has not been eating this from childhood?

we are not trying to play God, but obviously God has given us all we want. its just for us to use them for our benefits.

wink

If your friend is already using a fertility clinic, then why would she need this so-called 'wild yam' to achieve twins/triplets etc.? Makes your story sound suspect. Any fertility doctor, or anyone who has gone through IVF in a fertility clinic should know how multiple embryo is achieved. Something is NOT right with your story.
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 16, 2013
SmashingM: M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ sef com dey interested. Following.

Can i work on you for a night? Trust me, you dont need the wild yam.
RedBenson:

How active are ekiti men on bed and how huge is thier manhood? Btw, sorry for the death od ur dad!

Nitori olorun, which kain questions be this? undecided
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2013
ibkaye:
I thought I was the good one tongue

For where? You used to put pepper in my bottle when we were little cry
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by otokx(m): 7:20pm On Aug 16, 2013
what is the name of the yam?
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 16, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

For where? You used to put pepper in my bottle when we were little cry
For your mind tongue

1 Like

Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by gbishop: 7:20pm On Aug 16, 2013
4tunebest: The said yam is native to Igbo ora, a tribe in Oyo State.
this man is right. Every household in igbo ora has a twin. Isu ewura is a local yam bt i doubt it has anything to do wt it.

1 Like

Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by passionate88: 7:22pm On Aug 16, 2013
E b like say na Yoruba for me o. Jst a set of twin girls nd e dn do
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 16, 2013
okpara ugo:

nah my 2nd wife you dey insult.

U wan giv am twins abi 3plet? Ur 1st wife u never giv am, na dis one u go com giv am abi?
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 16, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Nitori olorun, which kain questions be this? undecided

No vex jare, i wan know cos i no understand why ekiti men go just dey giv women belle wit twins/3plet anyhow. No forget, na for bedroom dis thing dey happen.
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 16, 2013
A friend told me its d normal yam we eat. Xcpt that u dont get to peel d back much,jst use knife to graze d peel lightly and boily
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 16, 2013
A friend told me its d normal yam we eat. Xcpt that u dont get to peel d back much,jst use knife to graze d peel lightly and boil to eat
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by Abmalcom(m): 7:34pm On Aug 16, 2013
The name of the yam is "Esuru" I hope this helps. But the fact remains that you must have been eating it from childhood.
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by tellwisdom: 7:45pm On Aug 16, 2013
Folish information. angry..Are you related to God the most high to know all this?? sad
Re: Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins by uteh: 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2013
@OP, the name of the yan is water yam. I dont know d name in yoruba. U wont get it wit d regular yam sellers in d market. If u live in Lagos, u will see yoruba women who went to Lusada market in Agbara selling it along wit Ijebu garri and other native farm products. They normally display it on d ground in streets or go to Boundary market in Ajegunle.

I watched a documentary about it sometime ago. She has to start eating from first day of menses. I dont know how many months she will eat it before seeing result o. I understand it stimulates ovulation. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bakers Square - Show Us Your Cake Designs Here / Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years / Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.