Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. (947 Views)

Copyrights And Patenting: A Guide To Protecting Your Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by Agathabishen(f): 7:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
please house what does it takes to own an e-commerce website like kaymu? what are the challenges and the cost involved? please i need advice and suggestions. your candid opinion will be appreciated. thanks
Re: please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by kokoletz(m): 9:49am On Aug 17, 2013
Hi for your information on e-commerce website and e-commerce business generally kindly contact me on 07033518510 or 08023953089 or henryfamo@yahoo.com. please note all you need to part with to get this packages is just #1000. Hope to hear from you
Re: please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by onefx: 11:14am On Aug 17, 2013
For more assistance on your request, you can as well vist http://www.squeezeframes.com/0/123/123781/62011.html for seven days free email training about that. One step-by-step email per day. And I hope that will be helpful.
Re: please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by icetritium(m): 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2013
Nexus Marketing Solutions is an innovative marketing solutions provider that has been growing
businesses using innovative and creative marketing ideas both offline and online. Nexus is able to
achieve excellence through a mix of Knowledge, research and innovation. Our team consist of
professionals, certified by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK) and other world acclaimed
professional bodies, our delivery and values has built for us a reputation over time.

call 08023420701, building an ecommerce website is not much of the problem, it is the logistics and cost of serving the customers and the marketing strategies for growing the business online that really matters..

http://www.innovativenexus.com/index.php/services/internet-marketing
Re: please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by Agathabishen(f): 9:28am On Aug 18, 2013
kokoletz: Hi for your information on e-commerce website and e-commerce business generally kindly contact me on 07033518510 or 08023953089 or henryfamo@yahoo.com. please note all you need to part with to get this packages is just #1000. Hope to hear from you
thanks will get to you tommorrow
Re: please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by Agathabishen(f): 9:31am On Aug 18, 2013
icetritium: Nexus Marketing Solutions is an innovative marketing solutions provider that has been growing
businesses using innovative and creative marketing ideas both offline and online. Nexus is able to
achieve excellence through a mix of Knowledge, research and innovation. Our team consist of
professionals, certified by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK) and other world acclaimed
professional bodies, our delivery and values has built for us a reputation over time.

call 08023420701, building an ecommerce website is not much of the problem, it is the logistics and cost of serving the customers and the marketing strategies for growing the business online that really matters..

http://www.innovativenexus.com/index.php/services/internet-marketing
i need the guide to owning the e-commerce first before marketing it. one thing at a time.
Re: please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by Agathabishen(f): 9:35am On Aug 18, 2013
onefx: For more assistance on your request, you can as well vist http://www.squeezeframes.com/0/123/123781/62011.html for seven days free email training about that. One step-by-step email per day. And I hope that will be helpful.
your site is not talking about what i need. i did not say i want to start affiliate marketing please.
Re: please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by Agathabishen(f): 9:39am On Aug 18, 2013
thanks all for your contributions, however some contribution are just off the topic. i said i need a guide on how to own e-commerce website like www.kaymu.com and someone is giving me link to a affiliate marketing website.
Re: please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by phlamy(m): 9:47am On Aug 18, 2013
Agathabishen: thanks all for your contributions, however some contribution are just off the topic. i said i need a guide on how to own e-commerce website like www.kaymu.com and someone is giving me link to a affiliate marketing website.

I remember i once placed an advert here for web developer, the only guy i found worthy came to my
office to start the work and by the time he finished, I was worse off. Had to cancel the project
and left the initial payments with him.
Lots of folks here just want to sell not mindful of your needs or questions and without any expertise.
Re: please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by biz1234: 10:41am On Aug 18, 2013
Please let me know what you really need, what are the features you want on your ecommerce store, do you want to sell to Nigerians or the international community? please give a detailed list of what you want or need for your store. Am waiting!
Re: please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by Agathabishen(f): 12:15pm On Aug 18, 2013
phlamy: .

I remember i once placed an advert here for web developer, the only guy i found worthy came to my
office to start the work and by the time he finished, I was worse off. Had to cancel the project
and left the initial payments with him.
Lots of folks here just want to sell not mindful of your needs or questions and without any expertise.
you are right some people just accept jobs they cant handle.
Re: please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by Agathabishen(f): 12:20pm On Aug 18, 2013
biz1234: Please let me know what you really need, what are the features you want on your ecommerce store, do you want to sell to Nigerians or the international community? please give a detailed list of what you want or need for your store. Am waiting!
i need a e-commerce website and for now my target is nigeria. i want nigerians to sign up to own a webstore on my website where they can post their advert for free.
Re: please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by phlamy(m): 2:33pm On Aug 18, 2013
Agathabishen: i need a e-commerce website and for now my target is nigeria. i want nigerians to sign up to own a webstore on my website where they can post their advert for free.

There is this one I once subscribed for

http://www.magentocommerce.com/.

It is already configured, you just buy and tweak it the way you want and
I think they are UK based. I understand a number of ecommerce business in Nigeria
even use them.No need for any webdesign etc.

Just check
Re: please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by Agathabishen(f): 3:37pm On Aug 18, 2013
phlamy:

There is this one I once subscribed for

http://www.magentocommerce.com/.

It is already configured, you just buy and tweak it the way you want and
I think they are UK based. I understand a number of ecommerce business in Nigeria
even use them.No need for any webdesign etc.

Just check
bros it is high time we start creating something indigenous. something that is truly nigerian am not scared of the cost of web designing
Re: please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by phlamy(m): 5:48pm On Aug 18, 2013
Agathabishen: bros it is high time we start creating something indigenous. something that is truly nigerian am not scared of the cost of web designing

Good to know but its complicated with indigenous developers. Most of them still use Indian firms.
And by the way, I like your idea. I have just done an academic piece on ecommerce in Sub-saharan Africa. Could send you some documents, lots of things are involved. I ll send you a list of about 80 ecommerce businesses that have come up in the past 5 years and you check out their situations, its not funny at all. Its obvious you really have passion for this stuff but before you final embark, see the progress report.

1 Like

Re: please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by kokoletz(m): 8:41am On Aug 19, 2013
[quote author=Agathabishen]thanks will get to you tommorrow[/quote

will b glad to be of help
Re: please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by Agathabishen(f): 8:44am On Aug 19, 2013
phlamy:

Good to know but its complicated with indigenous developers. Most of them still use Indian firms.
And by the way, I like your idea. I have just done an academic piece on ecommerce in Sub-saharan Africa. Could send you some documents, lots of things are involved. I ll send you a list of about 80 ecommerce businesses that have come up in the past 5 years and you check out their situations, its not funny at all. Its obvious you really have passion for this stuff but before you final embark, see the progress report.
ok my email is agathabishen@yahoo.com let me see before imake my final decission. thanks for your opinions.
Re: please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by phlamy(m): 1:26pm On Aug 19, 2013
Agathabishen: ok my email is agathabishen@yahoo.com let me see before imake my final decission. thanks for your opinions.

Sent. Confirm

1 Like

Re: please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by kokoletz(m): 6:58pm On Sep 25, 2013
Hello
Re: please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by tjwizking: 6:15am On Sep 26, 2013
One rule I could pull from the air this very moment is:
TEST TEST AND TEST.

Another is go Niche, but still test,
the feedback you get from testing would give you the signal you need.
This http://citewire.com/this-my-friends-would-change-the-way-you-think-about-start-ups/ perhaps might change the way you think about your e-commerce website.

What testing gives you is the ability to contain the failure and limit waste, [if at all] since you are testing in a small (lean) way.

One last one: Capture the mobile user.

Best,
I am obviously promoting that link, 'cos its good content for anyone starting any tech related business

Best.

Re: please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by naijacutee(f): 8:41pm On Sep 26, 2013
If you want to train yourself on this, there is a 200+ tutorial you can get from https://tutsplus.com/ebook/how-to-create-selling-ecommerce-websites/

It costs $19 for access to all areas of the site for 1 month. Hope this helps.
Re: please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by nairamaverick(m): 8:58pm On Sep 26, 2013
I think what you need is a versatile programmer
An outside the box thinker
And an amazing graphics guy
And funds
My friends and i are workin on something similar www.droparena.com
Stil at an initial stage.
Re: please help me with a Guide On How To Start An E-commerce Website. by koksybrown: 10:04pm On Sep 26, 2013
I can create you an ecommerce site like Kaymu. If you like it, you pay. If you don't, I use it for my project. Let me know what u think.

(1) (Reply)

5 Top Tips To Increase Sales With SMS Text Message Marketing / How To Be A Billionaire In 1month / BVN Registration For Diaspora Nigeria Banking Customers - Sequel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.