Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Bokkos: Gunmen Kill 18 People In Another Attack -viewpointnigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bokkos: Gunmen Kill 18 People In Another Attack -viewpointnigeria (680 Views)

Army Besiege Friday Mosque In Katsina: Another Attack On Islam / OBJ Launches Another Attack On Fayose And GEJ / Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bokkos: Gunmen Kill 18 People In Another Attack -viewpointnigeria by ViewPointNig: 8:32pm On Aug 15, 2013
News reaching ViewPointNigeria suggests that gunmen have killed 18 people, in a Wednesday night attack (14/08/13) at Bakwai village of Bokkos LGA. The dead were said to include several children and a 70 year old woman. Confirming the incident, Navy Capt. Jude Akpa, media officer of the Special Task Force (STF), said the attackers launched a clandestine attack on the village, and in the process shot and injured two officers of the STF who were on guard to the area. He could not provide definite numbers on the casualty figures, but confirmed that men of the STF killed six of the attackers and made some arrest.

The Chairman of the Local government, Hon. Zakka Akos, however confirmed that 18 bodies had been recovered at the scene of the attack. Additionally, a staff of the Bokkos Cottage Hospital corroborated statements made by the chairman in respect of the casualty figures. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) quoted one of the victims, Mr. Majau Yohanna, as saying the attackers invaded the village at approx. 7 p.m shortly after they (the villagers) returned from the farm. "They came in large numbers and had very sophisticated weapons", the victim who is currently on admission at the Bingham University Teaching Hospital (BUTH), Jos said. According to him, "The attackers just descended on the villagers and started shooting everyone on sight".

"We had to run for our dear lives and in the process, some of us were shot while trying to escape. "I was shot on my right rib and it was just God that saved me. It is a miracle that I am still alive", he said. Thomas Mafai, a relation of Yohanna, who rushed him to BUTH because of the serious injuries he sustained, claimed that he counted 20 bodies killed during the attack on the village. He also confirmed that six of the attackers were killed by men of the STF.

http://www.viewpointnigeria.com/politics-mob/item/509-bokkos-gunmen-kill-18-in-clandestine-attack
Re: Bokkos: Gunmen Kill 18 People In Another Attack -viewpointnigeria by olaobifarm(m): 9:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
I smell fp, I not interested in d topic. I av nt event read it

(1) (Reply)

6 Messed Up Things In Nigeria / Scandal!!! Tony Nwoye In Tax Certificate Fraud!!! / Book On Jonathan's Tranformation Agenda Launches Today At Sheraton Hotel Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.