Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,258 members, 7,957,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:12 PM

Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! (25766 Views)

Anambra State Is Going To Overtake Lagos And Abuja Very Soon / Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! / Angola Set To Overtake Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by OrigamiIII: 2:37pm On Aug 16, 2013
I have been to all the states in the SW and least to say am very disappointed in Gov.Mimiko of ondo state.That state is an oil producing state collecting huge allocations from the federation yet cannot boast of any world class development other than few large round abouts and fountains,teachers and civil servants are being owed several months in salaries,outside akure no other place can boast of any meaningfull development.His home town is recently being given a facelift in road construction.Remember this is an oil producing state.The man now sits in abuja begging for vice presidency in 2015(How is that feasible going by geopolitical balance)?Mimiko should pls sit-up.
Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by Pataki: 2:39pm On Aug 16, 2013
SW leaders are working. Ibo leaders and followers are bickering.

Ain't got time for that!

Omo Ogun ise ya! Ogun standard all the way!!!

1 Like

Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by agbameta: 2:41pm On Aug 16, 2013
Origami III: I have been to all the states in the SW and least to say am very disappointed in Gov.Mimiko of ondo state.That state is an oil producing state collecting huge allocations from the federation yet cannot boast of any world class development other than few large round abouts and fountains,teachers and civil servants are being owed several months in salaries,outside akure no other place can boast of any meaningfull development.His home town is recently being given a facelift in road construction.Remember this is an oil producing state.The man now sits in abuja begging for vice presidency in 2015(How is that feasible going by geopolitical balance)?Mimiko should pls sit-up.

Watch what you say about Ondo state and Mimikosilence if you no want the yaba left man aka Musiwa to bombard this thread with is rubbish...
Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by Katsumoto: 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2013
Pataki: SW leaders are working. Ibo leaders and followers are bickering.

Ain't got time for that!

Omo Ogun ise ya! Ogun standard all the way!!!

I can understand why would make that comment but lets do away with comments that can ignite a thread. You know there are folks who don't need a match or lighter to make fire. grin grin grin

Distractions aren't good for good debates or commentary.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by segcymoor(m): 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2013
Ogun can never catch up with Lagos for the next 5 decade, however they develop. E ko oni Baje!
Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by Olaolufred(m): 2:50pm On Aug 16, 2013
segcy.moor:
Ogun can never catch up with Lagos for the next 5 decade, however they develop. E ko oni Baje!

EVEN IF THEY CANOT CATCH UP, THEY WOULD HAVE PROGRESSED FROM WHERE THEY USE TO BE.

HEAD OR TAIL, IT IS HEALTHY FOR YORUBA NATION.

ILE OODUA O NI BAJE O.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by Pataki: 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2013
Katsumoto:

I can understand why would make that comment but lets do away with comments that can ignite a thread. You know there are folks who don't need a match or lighter to make fire. grin grin grin

Distractions aren't good for good debates or commentary.
I relate to what you are saying. But this thread has provided enough proof to my statement. We are not even comparing Ogun with any SE states, but my bickering brothers have swamped on the thread and spewing their bad belle. cheesy

When is Amosun bringing world class cinemas to Ogun State? When I was in Egba and I needed to watch a movie, I had to drive to Ikeja before I can watch a movie in the cinema. cheesy
Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by BlackHuman(m): 2:52pm On Aug 16, 2013
Imagine, see work in progress! later some people will now say i should not vote 4 APC...every enemy of progress DIE BY FIRE!

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by Katsumoto: 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2013
Pataki:
I relate to what you are saying. But this thread has provided enough proof to my statement. We are not even comparing Ogun with any SE states, but my bickering brothers have swamped on the thread and spewing their bad belle. cheesy

When is Amosun bringing world class cinemas to Ogun State? When I was in Egba and I needed to watch a movie, I had to drive to Ikeja before I can watch a movie in the cinema. cheesy

But there were reasonable comments as well.

As for your comments about the cinema, there was a lady with you right? No man in his right senses would drive from Ogun to Lagos just to watch a movie. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by ShineuEye: 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2013
Katsumoto:

You obviously aren't very bright. No one is stating that there are no Yorubas in other parts of Nigeria or Africa, the key factor here is number. There are Americans in Nigeria but will anyone conclude that Nigeria is a popular destination for Americans?

Maybe your brain stopped working when you wrote

Katsumoto]

If a man can't travel to somewhere better than his home, he would at least stay in his home than go to places that are worse than his home. If you don't agree, check out the Yoruba population in the UK, Canada, & the US.

There was no where in your post where the key factor was numbers. And what population in London? Olodo!!

Must one have to explain everything to some of you dullards? Its like teaching a monkey to read.

How many mind readers do you know on Nairaland? You should admit it, you my friend is a schmuck.
Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by dankofa: 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2013
The development in Ogun state does not cut across the state. A lot of areas are in very bad shape with bad roads.All we keep hearing year after year is that they will be done as they have been budged for.

Pictures of Akute, Ishashi, Denro roads and inner roads like the Ogunnaike street on Ojodu-Abodun would make your heart skip.

Even motorcycles find it difficult to get a good part of th road to ride not to talk of cars that sink in potholes every now and then.

I implore the state government to please spread the development around.
Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by OrigamiIII: 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2013
agbameta: ....

Watch what you say about Ondo state and Mimikosilence if you no want the yaba left man aka Musiwa to bombard this thread with is rubbish...

Look at the rest of the SW states and their impressive rate of development without any extra 13% derivation money compared to the very snail speed of Mimiko in ondo state.Any governor you see too close to the presidency becomes very complacent and on closer scrutiny must have some can of worms to hide.Apart from delta,ondo state rank next as the least developed of the oil producing states in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by seanet02: 3:07pm On Aug 16, 2013
Pataki:

Omo ibo ni eyin ni ilu Egba?
Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by Pataki: 3:09pm On Aug 16, 2013
seanet02: Omo ibo ni eyin ni ilu Egba?
Bi ti bawo?
Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by ShineuEye: 3:16pm On Aug 16, 2013
Origami III:

Look at the rest of the SW states and their impressive rate of development without any extra 13% derivation money compared to the very snail speed of Mimiko in ondo state.Any governor you see too close to the presidency becomes very complacent and on closer scrutiny must have some can of worms to hide.Apart from delta,ondo state rank next as the least developed of the oil producing states in Nigeria.

Na dis one dey pain you.
Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by Katsumoto: 3:18pm On Aug 16, 2013
Shine u Eye:

Maybe your brain stopped working when you wrote

There was no where in your post where the key factor was numbers.

How many mind readers do you know on Nairaland?

I am not going to waste my time explaining to you.

Try and pass this simple test before we go further. What comes after 6 but before 8?

There is a difference between 'a' and 'the'. A man can be one, 1000, 100,000, etc as long as the man isn't identified. If I say 'go and bring a table' am I referring to one table in particular or any anyone of millions of tables? 'The' on the other hand is specific, there is no ambiguity.

So when I said 'A' man, I was referring to the millions of Yoruba men or women who could have made the choice to move to other parts. Class is dismissed; now go and find a thread for GEJ lovers where you can find idiots of like minds. Don't try to debate above your station.

13 Likes

Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by OrigamiIII: 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2013
Shine u Eye:

Na dis one dey pain you.

How do you mean?We are talking of performance that is commensurate with cash received yet your brick head could not compose any meaningfull contribution other than insults.Abeg go siddon.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by Olaolufred(m): 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2013
dankofa: The development in Ogun state does not cut across the state. A lot of areas are in very bad shape with bad roads.All we keep hearing year after year is that they will be done as they have been budged for.

Pictures of Akute, Ishashi, Denro roads and inner roads like the Ogunnaike street on Ojodu-Abodun would make your heart skip.

Even motorcycles find it difficult to get a good part of th road to ride not to talk of cars that sink in potholes every now and then.

I implore the state government to please spread the development around.

THANK YOU.
AMOSUN NEEDS TO WORK IN THOSE AREA MENTIONED.
I WAS SO ANOYED WITH HIM WHY HE DID NOTHING AT MOWE AND IBAFO.
WENT WITH A CAR TO THAT PLACE WITH MY HEART IN MY CHEEK.
AMOSUN MUST WORK MORE FOR HIS PEOPLE.
THE POSITION IS NOT ETERNAL.
DO YOUR BEST FOR THE BEST OF YOUR PEOPLE.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by bayulll01(m): 3:40pm On Aug 16, 2013
ba7man: Wouldn't mind seeing pictures. Why am i just hearing this for the first time?
Don't mind that deluded fellow I did my nysc in sapele, oh God that place is a mess.also that uwie to japa and airport road is so bad God help them that bald hair guy don finish dem ,as bad as ibori is the guy na messiah go and check ugheli that's why they can't wait for the guy to come back
Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2013
Olaolufred:

THANK YOU.
AMOSUN NEEDS TO WORK IN THOSE AREA MENTIONED.
I WAS SO ANOYED WITH HIM WHY HE DID NOTHING AT MOWE AND IBAFO.
WENT WITH A CAR TO THAT PLACE WITH MY HEART IN MY CHEEK.
AMOSUN MUST WORK MORE FOR HIS PEOPLE.
THE POSITION IS NOT ETERNAL.
DO YOUR BEST FOR THE BEST OF YOUR PEOPLE.

Ogun is roughly 3 times the size of Lagos, and a quarter of the population of Lagos over the past 10 years have moved into it, majorly into Mowe, Ikorodu, Ibafo, Ifo, Otta, Akute, Agbado-crossing and the rest. Now all these regions I have just mentioned is about a fifth of your entire Lagos...Amosu is doing his bits. Like I posted before, Ogun state is still years to go from competing with Lagos but the state is moving in the right direction...I merely opened this blog to market lands and properties within the region. I would have posted this on the property section....but the tribalist who controls that section will NEVER let anything beside his stuff make it to the frontpage. Call me for your prime plots! cool
Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by Evestar200(f): 3:51pm On Aug 16, 2013
ba7man: Wouldn't mind seeing pictures. Why am i just hearing this for the first time?

Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by Evestar200(f): 3:54pm On Aug 16, 2013
bayulll01:
Don't mind that deluded fellow I did my nysc in sapele, oh God that place is a mess.also that uwie to japa and airport road is so bad God help them that bald hair guy don finish dem ,as bad as ibori is the guy na messiah go and check ugheli that's why they can't wait for the guy to come back
Deluded idiots,,when last did u visit DELTA STATE? Cuz that Jakpa airport road has been fixed,,,SAPELE in mess? U must be sick,,YABA LEFT is the option left 4 u
Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by agbameta: 3:57pm On Aug 16, 2013
Origami III:

Trust me, I'm with your 1000% and I've stated the same sentiments about mimiko in Ondo state, the guy is slacking, but we know why, he's PDP related and his performance is tied and relegated to the same poor performance the PDP state's are witnessing..

1 Like

Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by authenticblack: 4:07pm On Aug 16, 2013
Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msglw5Hx0ns

Ogun State Business Preparedness with Ibikunle Amosun

Ogun state, in the South West of Nigeria, is a focal point of the federal government's economic transformation plan, mainly because
of its rich agriculture sector. Its proximity to the increasingly congested Lagos state means that it is a natural destination for the
expansion of manufacturing concerns. ABN's Wole Famurewa interviewed the Governor of Ogun state, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, about
its plans to leverage on this.
God bless Amosun, God Bless the people of Ogun state. We will all live to see the completion of this new Ogun state project

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by ShineuEye: 4:08pm On Aug 16, 2013
Katsumoto:

I am not going to waste my time explaining to you.

Try and pass this simple test before we go further. What comes after 6 but before 8?

There is a difference between 'a' and 'the'. A man can be one, 1000, 100,000, etc as long as the man isn't identified. If I say 'go and bring a table' am I referring to one table in particular or any anyone of millions of tables? 'The' on the other hand is specific, there is no ambiguity.

So when I said 'A' man, I was referring to the millions of Yoruba men or women who could have made the choice to move to other parts. Class is dismissed; now go and find a thread for GEJ lovers where you can find idiots of like minds. Don't try to debate above your station.

You made no sense dude. ROFLMAO!!!
Hang on, is this not the acclaimed Katsumoto, {the best Yoruba debater on Nairaland}? Am outta here before your obsequious followers descend on me.

In the land of the blind.............one....eyed...
Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by OrigamiIII: 4:09pm On Aug 16, 2013
agbameta:

Trust me, I'm with your 1000% and I've stated the same sentiments about mimiko in Ondo state, the guy is slacking, but we know why, he's PDP related and his performance is tied and relegated to the same poor performance the PDP state's are witnessing..

On point.Mimiko is lost. May God help that state.
Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by agbameta: 4:10pm On Aug 16, 2013
State of Oyo.... grin grin

Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by ba7man(m): 4:10pm On Aug 16, 2013
[quote author=Evestar200][/quote]Hmmm.....nice.
Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by morenath(m): 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2013
All na filmtrick.....showing the same place and d same pics in different way.....Time will tell the true democrats..........and good roads at the expense of Human well being and many other things
Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by agbameta: 4:17pm On Aug 16, 2013
Shine u Eye:

[s]You made no sense dude. ROFLMAO!!!
Hang on, is this not the acclaimed Katsumoto, {the best Yoruba debater on Nairaland}? Am outta here before your obsequious followers descend on me.

In the land of the blind.............one....eyed...[/s]

Shine u Eye: There are no Yorobbers in my town. We drove the leeches out long time ago.
Hahahaha!!

With this kind of trash above, at least we know your type, we know your traits and we also know what is killing you and the reason for your anger and outburst...

Ndo grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by Ikengawo: 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2013
stop lying lol

90% of your pictures on the front page are from the exact same project, the overpass that is already finished and the KFC/Mall that's already finished.
Why would somebody lie about development in their state? When you turn off the internet you still have to face poverty. It makes no difference

1 Like

Re: Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! by softwareman(m): 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2013
Gbawe:

With all due respect, we must give to Asiwaju what is Asiwaju same as we "give unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar". Tinubu initiated many innovations, including BRT, Fashola has gotten credit for. Eko Atlantic City was Tinubu's 'baby' entirely.

The man actually introduced many of the core holistic drives, innovations and policies ACN administrators operate with today as standard Party administrative practice. Whether PPP or usage of bonds and money market provisions to raise funds for infrastructural development, Tinubu contributed a lot of ideas that are now cornerstones of how things are done today by ACN administrators. If a manual of ACN leadership can be presented today, it will be factually established that Tinubu wrote most of the chapters. He is, without a doubt, a man of ideas who gets forgotten for the role he paid that is very relevant to the grand scheme of things.
To me one is the CONCEPTUALIZER and the FOUNDATION BUILDER, who then discovers and nurture an ACTUALIZER.
The CONCEPTUALIZER's prize is that the actualizer he discovered, and then proclaimed to everybody then as the best man for the Job, ( and risked every thing politically for) has now completely vindicated him.
All this goes to underscore the importance of continuity of policy conceptualization and implementation in governance.
I only wish we do not have a totally inept and incompetent government at the center this past fourteen wasted years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Charly Boy & OurMumuDonDo Protesters Storm EFCC, Ask FG To Extradite Diezani / Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States / Army Deploys 95 Percent Soldiers For 2019 General Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.