Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Can I Wash The Laptop Keyboard With Spirit Or Water? And Hit It With Hot Bob? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Can I Wash The Laptop Keyboard With Spirit Or Water? And Hit It With Hot Bob? (4374 Views)

Nlanders Help Me Check The Laptop I Just Ordered / Meet The Laptop With 64gb Ram, 5tb Ssd, And 6 Usb Ports / 15 Keyboard Shortcuts Every Computer Geek Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Wash The Laptop Keyboard With Spirit Or Water? And Hit It With Hot Bob? by edogram1(m): 1:12am On Aug 16, 2013
my laptop keyboard is not working properly. some keys are not working. then after some time it start to work and some other keys will stop to work. its just shifting fro keys to keys. i did reformatting but still same problem. i am thinking now to wash the keyboard. is this advisable to wash the total keyboard with mentholated spirit a deep washing and raising then a nice drying. please help.
Re: Can I Wash The Laptop Keyboard With Spirit Or Water? And Hit It With Hot Bob? by afinity: 6:35am On Aug 16, 2013
What happened to your System is that dust particles have gathered on it, so what to do is get a Tissue paper (Toilet roll) and metholated oil popularly called spirit, clean and rub the surface lighty. Get more computer related problems solved @ www.nairaclass.com/forum
Re: Can I Wash The Laptop Keyboard With Spirit Or Water? And Hit It With Hot Bob? by edogram1(m): 9:12am On Aug 16, 2013
afinity: What happened to your System is that dust particles have gathered on it, so what to do is get a Tissue paper (Toilet roll) and metholated oil popularly called spirit, clean and rub the surface lighty. Get more computer related problems solved @ www.nairaclass.com/forum
do i need to remove all de keys and de tube under d keys to get dis job done? clean all de key board. i ve taking a look at dem but still cant figure out ow to remove dem or wat to do.
Re: Can I Wash The Laptop Keyboard With Spirit Or Water? And Hit It With Hot Bob? by edogram1(m): 6:48pm On Aug 16, 2013
HELLO I TRIED TO REMOVE THE KEYS. I TRIED IT WITH THE FIRST KEY THAT IS THE CONTROL KEY. BUT GUESS WHAT? I END UP BREAKING IT. THE KEY WONT STAY ANYMORE. WHAT CAN I DO NOW? SAD. ONE KEY IS GONE AND LAPTOP IS UGLY NOW
Re: Can I Wash The Laptop Keyboard With Spirit Or Water? And Hit It With Hot Bob? by Wisepac: 7:22pm On Aug 16, 2013
U dnt nid 2 remove the key, what u need is to desemble ur keyboard from the board, after dat, use brush and spirit to wash the keyboard, after washing it, go and put the keyboard insyd sun for some minutes, after heating it with sun, go and assemble it to ur laptop and test it.
Re: Can I Wash The Laptop Keyboard With Spirit Or Water? And Hit It With Hot Bob? by edogram1(m): 9:33pm On Aug 16, 2013
already i dissemble the keyboard from the laptop before i break the control key this morning. initially what you said is what was on my mind i was about to do the same this morning but when i remove the keyboard from the laptop i discover there is small robber tube under next to key. and i need to clean under so said it will not be good if the metholated spirit cannot go deeply, then i thought to remove the keys would be better. before i destroyed one key, i then put the keyboard back. but now on seeing you post i decide to remove the keyboard again and wash with metholated spirit. that i just do now, is already late here na 9:00 PM. SO I WILL ALLOW IT TO DRY TILL TOMORROW. and put it in the sun before i test it. but how do i replace the broken key, its white small mini laptop LG X120. thanks
Re: Can I Wash The Laptop Keyboard With Spirit Or Water? And Hit It With Hot Bob? by Wisepac: 11:19am On Aug 17, 2013
U can replace it with another key from a scrab laptop
Re: Can I Wash The Laptop Keyboard With Spirit Or Water? And Hit It With Hot Bob? by obi58: 9:06am On Aug 18, 2013
GuRus in the house pls pardon me for asking tђȊ̝̊̅§ silly question. I'm a novice. Hw do I remove the keyboard from the laptop?
Re: Can I Wash The Laptop Keyboard With Spirit Or Water? And Hit It With Hot Bob? by edogram1(m): 9:39am On Aug 18, 2013
Wise pac: U can replace it with another key from a scrab laptop
I dried the keyboard with hot bob 200w. but the bob end up burning about four keys. making them have menting shape. beside that the keyboard has worst from previous situation. now so many keys are not working. the keyboard is ugly and worst right now and need a replacement. i check the computer market but couldn't find the keyboard. the laptop is LG X120 MINI LAPTOP. someone around lagos should help me with the keyboard.
Re: Can I Wash The Laptop Keyboard With Spirit Or Water? And Hit It With Hot Bob? by edogram1(m): 9:42am On Aug 18, 2013
obi58: GuRus in the house pls pardon me for asking tђȊ̝̊̅§ silly question. I'm a novice. Hw do I remove the keyboard from the laptop?
from back of your laptop. you will see the keyboard scrus. about three of them, some laptops indicate Key on them for you to identify them
Re: Can I Wash The Laptop Keyboard With Spirit Or Water? And Hit It With Hot Bob? by Bigheart(m): 5:52am On Aug 20, 2013
edogram.:

my laptop keyboard is not working properly. some keys are not working. then after some time it start to work and some other keys will stop to work. its just shifting fro keys to keys. i did reformatting but still same problem. i am thinking now to wash the keyboard. is this advisable to wash the total keyboard with mentholated spirit a deep washing and raising then a nice drying. please help.

Use keyboard vacuum cleaner. It will suck out all the particles. It will makes the keys soft and clean. On. how to. get one call 08033641806

Re: Can I Wash The Laptop Keyboard With Spirit Or Water? And Hit It With Hot Bob? by edogram1(m): 1:15pm On Aug 20, 2013
i need the brand new keyboard for LG X120 MINI LAPTOP. angry

(1) (Reply)

Main Vpn / New Etisalat Cheat For Java Phone Users / SOLD! SOLD! Neatly Used Hp Mini Laptop With 2gb Ram & 300hdd For Sale In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.