Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos (13659 Views)

Suspected Boko Haram Member Attacks Civil Defence Corps Officer In Anambra / Policeman Kills Youth For Insisting On Sighting Election Result Sheet / Customs-Officer Arrested For Ferrying Arms For Boko-Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 16, 2013
Two of a kind. Why did police kill his customer brother of theshame murder
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by NoobSaibot1: 9:40am On Aug 16, 2013
Having a mental picture of the scenario sends a shiver down my spine. shocked
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by AroOkigbo(m): 9:42am On Aug 16, 2013
amiskurie: dis is not our problem fault sha!
u can start the blame from our oga at the top EBELE JONAH
Why this joke?
Someone just DIED!
Maybe somebody's husband, father, brother, uncle but definitely somebody's son or friend.
To the departed, RIP.
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 16, 2013
the first truelly "accidental discharge" in history
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by MrAboki: 9:44am On Aug 16, 2013
baffylander: How in the world could that have been described as an accident?
A rifle was issued to a person and he, knowing how dangerous that rifle is or could be ensures its loaded with live rounds and is not on safety and yet he handles the rifle in a way that makes it slip from him?
Thats negligence of the highest order and at the least, he should b charged for manslaughter.
P.S His 'mistake' might have just robbed a family of its breadwinner, a wife of her husband and innocent kids of their father. #enoughsaid#

[b]Cool down..

Beyond his mistake of not having the gun swtich in safety, The weapon also obviously malfunctioned. I have yet to see where a firearm falls to the ground and starts firing in 'Rapid mode'.

It was an accident obviously.. But the weapon itself should also be forensically checked.[/right]
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by nerodenero: 9:44am On Aug 16, 2013
Pvin:
later now person go tell me say Lagos na Peaceful state
Stop hating.
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by amiskurie(m): 9:51am On Aug 16, 2013
Mr Aboki: [b]Lets get this matter straight..

An officers gun fell to the ground and started firing.. Hmmmmm.....

Now its either the gun trigger switch jammed upon impact with the ground or I must be out of my mind. For an AK-47 to keep firing repetitiously, the mode switch on the side of the gun must first be set to 'Full-automatic mode' and the trigger must be depressed and held their.

Questions arising;

1. Why did the gun malfunction like that from a fall? Its ine thing for a gun to fall and release a short burst of rapid fire, its another thing for it to fall and start firing in automatic mode..

2. For a gun to malfunction like that, what are the chances that the gun wouldnt have still behaved the same way even if the switch was in safety position.

3. Now should the story be true, a gun on the ground that is self-firing in automaticmode would be spinning out of control, how did the sergeant control the gun?! I would have thought that he would even run away from the malfunctioning firearm.

4. Why did the Mob try to lynch him especially seeing as it was an accident. Especially an accident coupled with a malfunctioning trigger.

Customs should properly investigate this matter..

[/b]

WHAT AN OFORKORISTIC ANALYSIS.LOL
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 16, 2013
Vanneni: That Police man was very careless. How could he have forgotten to uncork his gun and he was going about with it like that? Really pathetic. sad

In my presence, it has happened to an army man's gun. Thank God that day the gun was in his right hand and pointed to the ground...

The gun released two bullets without notice.
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by Soso990240(m): 9:52am On Aug 16, 2013
damibravo: you know, Nigeria Police kills more than they Save... Perhaps, they should be scrapped and another Force should be started properly and professionally!
hello,an accident can happen to anybody.dont u make mistakes sometimes? Just dat dis 1 is expensive..
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by Osama10(m): 10:03am On Aug 16, 2013
Only the Army, Navy & Airforce are properly trained in weapons handling.

All other paramilitary are trying but the NPF is the worst of them all, as a rule I don't stay around any where I see a Nigerian Policeman with gun, I leave that area immediately.

The fear of the NPF is the beginning of wisdom & long life in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by nwarupuoaku: 10:07am On Aug 16, 2013
[b][/b]i am suspecting this this mr ABOKI u sound so professional the way you annalised d use of ak47 you...pls are you a police man or the other way round i dnt say anything o o.... undecided
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by ddeola: 10:07am On Aug 16, 2013
Yam-pepper-scatter-scatter when will our policemen start handling their guns as responsible people? Everyone is shouting accident but I think this could have been avoided if the officer handled the gun properly. How will you feel if the customs officer is your close relative?
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by buubay: 10:08am On Aug 16, 2013
why will just an officer for offiial Reference be with a gone, it has never being done any weare only Nigeria hear i found it. why cant a polie officer be with eletric stick or an ordenay stick. NIGERIANS WAKE UP[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by dapojaja(m): 10:14am On Aug 16, 2013
A friend's cousin(kid) from America, while coming all the way from airport and passing thru our roads could not help but exclaimed "wow! i love nigerian policemen, they are carrying big heavy guns, meeen! They got to shooot grrrrrrrrr! gaagagagah!" Policemen in civilized countries like US, UK (can't ascertain others) don't carry automatic rifles, they only go about with pistols. 'm not saying Nigerian policemen should hand down their rifles, not especially when touts, robbers and boko guys could be in possession of far more sophisticated firearms, 'm just lamenting of the state of insecurity in the country where security men lack essential security facilities yet several billions of naira just grow legs and walk away from what we all called govet purse.
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by MrAboki: 10:17am On Aug 16, 2013
dapojaja: A friend's cousin(kid) from America, while coming all the way from airport and passing thru our roads could not help but exclaimed "wow! i love nigerian policemen, they are carrying big heavy guns, meeen! They got to shooot grrrrrrrrr! gaagagagah!" Policemen in civilized countries like US, UK (can't ascertain others) don't carry automatic rifles, they only go about with pistols. 'm not saying Nigerian policemen should hand down their rifles, not especially when touts, robbers and boko guys could be in possession of far more sophisticated firearms, 'm just lamenting of the state of insecurity in the country where security men lack essential security facilities yet several billions of naira just grow legs and walk away from what we all called govet purse.

The Nigerian Polices answer to Criminals carrying big weapons, was to equip the Nigerian Police with big weapons as well.. grin Forgetting that it isnt the size of a weapon that determines the outcome of a gunfight, but the training and handling of that weapon.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by Fesisko(m): 10:27am On Aug 16, 2013
Mr Aboki:

[b]Cool down..

Beyond his mistake of not having the gun swtich in safety, The weapon also obviously malfunctioned. I have yet to see where a firearm falls to the ground and starts firing in 'Rapid mode'.
It was an accident obviously.. But the weapon itself should also be forensically checked.[/right]
not necessary Ak47, there is this particular gun :FMC, that fires automatically the moment it fall, or is been hit with any hard object. it will be shooting rapidly, without you the handler pressing the trigger. that gun has no safety catche.
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by Shaadey: 10:28am On Aug 16, 2013
Dax y i kip 'em @ arm's length. . . .RIP if u can
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by MrAboki: 10:32am On Aug 16, 2013
Fesisko: not necessary Ak47, there is this particular gun :FMC, that fire automatically the moment it fall, or is been hit with any hard object. it will be shooting rapidly, without you the handler pressing the trigger. that gun has no safety cache.

P.S:: Isnt that gun Manufactured in Nigeria?!
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by flymeup: 10:45am On Aug 16, 2013
Some of these policemen were not properly trained, well RIP
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by Orikinla(m): 11:03am On Aug 16, 2013
Who is training Nigerian police officers?
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by felix1012: 11:10am On Aug 16, 2013
may almighty console d family.....it ws indeed an accident. ki olorun ma kowa yo
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by Samoo01: 11:48am On Aug 16, 2013
Mr Aboki: [b]Lets get this matter straight..

An officers gun fell to the ground and started firing.. Hmmmmm.....

Now its either the gun trigger switch jammed upon impact with the ground or I must be out of my mind. For an AK-47 to keep firing repetitiously, the mode switch on the side of the gun must first be set to 'Full-automatic mode' and the trigger must be depressed and held their.

Questions arising;

1. Why did the gun malfunction like that from a fall? Its ine thing for a gun to fall and release a short burst of rapid fire, its another thing for it to fall and start firing in automatic mode..

2. For a gun to malfunction like that, what are the chances that the gun wouldnt have still behaved the same way even if the switch was in safety position.

3. Now should the story be true, a gun on the ground that is self-firing in automaticmode would be spinning out of control, how did the sergeant control the gun?! I would have thought that he would even run away from the malfunctioning firearm.

4. Why did the Mob try to lynch him especially seeing as it was an accident. Especially an accident coupled with a malfunctioning trigger.

Customs should properly investigate this matter..

[/b]

I've been going back and forth on Nairaland since 2007, this is the first time I'll commend a commenter.

Mr. Aboki, you're smart.
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by ilenaira: 11:50am On Aug 16, 2013
undecided undecided Chei!, see my people and reasoning.
Accident abi negligence? Are we not talking about a person's life being lost at the hand of a supposedly trained defender of the same life? undecided
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by vislabraye(m): 12:12pm On Aug 16, 2013
Guitarlife: The topic is misleading. Senseless sensationalism, He didn't kill the officer as purported . It was an accident can't the op read?

So who killed the custom officer ? Abi na de police gun but no be police.
It was an accident. But that shows you that our policemen are in the news for the bad reasons.
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by MrAboki: 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2013
ile naira: undecided undecided Chei!, see my people and reasoning.
Accident abi negligence? Are we not talking about a person's life being lost at the hand of a supposedly trained defender of the same life? undecided

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Did the gun malfunction?!

Was the gun slipping out of the officers hands 'negligence' or an 'accident'?!

If the gun malfunctioned, was the malfunction as a result of 'negligence on the part of the officer' or simple 'mechanical failure'?!

What exactly did the officer do wrong?!
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by deeptesting(m): 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2013
May the soul of the deceased rest in perfect peace.....The daily killings of Nigerians either internationally or by accident from NPF is becoming alarming and it is more pathetic that all we get as feed back from the authorities is that the culprit has been arrested and detained while investigation is on going........The truth is that for every Nigerian that is felled by the bullet from the AK47 of the Nigerian policemen a child will lose a father, a wife will lose her husband, a mother will lose her son and a brother will lose his uncle. May it no be our portion to die by the bullet of the NPF when we are not armed robbers.
Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by Lilaex: 1:14pm On Aug 16, 2013
greatest man: RIP TO THE DEATH

RIP 2d DEAD not DEATH..
Rip to the death means another tin. OWk?
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by Nkanuzu: 1:16pm On Aug 16, 2013
amiskurie: dis is not our problem fault sha!
u can start the blame from our oga at the top EBELE JONAH
Must people blame the President for every misdeed? May be it is also the President that is responsible for your low IQ. Mpki!
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by bigbasho: 1:38pm On Aug 16, 2013
PStylish: Was an accident.

Quite unfortunate! May his soul rest in peace.

I dnt bliv in accident when it comes to rifle handling. Have u ever heard that happen in the military? Just because they lack firing discipline. Y will ur riffle fall? U see most of this policemen swinging their riffle on d street wch is supposed to be faced down at evry point in time.
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by Victorjoseph(m): 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2013
otokx: police should not be allowed to carry arms within the complex.
dat is just d fact
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by Ninilowo(m): 2:20pm On Aug 16, 2013
I ve said it and I will continue saying it.......government should issue these halve backed fellas with BLANK AMMO which are even cheaper n less lether.
Re: Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos by MrAboki: 2:24pm On Aug 16, 2013
bigbasho:

I dnt bliv in accident when it comes to rifle handling. Have u ever heard that happen in the military? Just because they lack firing discipline. Y will ur riffle fall? U see most of this policemen swinging their riffle on d street wch is supposed to be faced down at evry point in time.

Yes! It does happen in the military..

Accidents happen..

In this case, its was just so unfortunate to be a case of 'An accident that led to an Incident'..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu / Tinubu Lands In Uyo For Akwa Ibom Presidential Camapign / Psychiatric Test To Be Conducted On Serving Policemen, Recruits – IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.