Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

There Are Hermaphrodites In Nigerian Football -abade - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / There Are Hermaphrodites In Nigerian Football -abade (882 Views)

5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say / Iyabo Abade (ex-Falcon) Is Now James Johnson / Iyabo Abade Now James Johnson:would You Date Her/him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

There Are Hermaphrodites In Nigerian Football -abade by brosun(m): 4:23pm On Aug 16, 2013
Former Super Falcons forward, James Johnson, has made a startling revelation saying there are two hermaphrodites playing women football in Nigeria.

Johnson, formerly Iyabo Abade, played female football as a hermaphrodite but had surgery in the United States of America in 2004 and is now living as a man.

The head coach of Marasta Soccer Academy, Abuja, revealed that the two players were sisters, adding that she was working to help them overcome their trauma, just like she did nine years ago.

"As I speak with you, the two players are hermaphrodites. One plays for Pelican Stars of Port Harcourt while the other plays for a club in Akwa Ibom State. I speak with them and I am helping them out. I have given my doctor in the US their contacts," Johnson told our correspondent.

"I told them that, 'You don't need to give up. Ignore what people say, you can move on with your own life after all you didn't create yourself. You can use me (Johnson) as an example.'

"I also told them how I handled my own case when it became general knowledge. I have been courageous; I didn't create myself, so why should I be bothered by what people say? I am using my experience to lecture others that have same issue."

He also lamented the discrimination against hermaphrodites, saying they were afraid to come because of this bias.

He said, "They (hermaphrodites) can be treated and be happy just like myself. I won't blame them for not coming out because the support is not there in Nigeria. If they come out, they will be discriminated against." http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/sports/there-are-hermaphrodites-in-nigerian-football-abade/

Re: There Are Hermaphrodites In Nigerian Football -abade by stanbillion200(m): 2:03pm On Aug 10, 2016
See as him resemble man

(1) (Reply)

2013/2014 English Football Pools. Late News. / Mikel Scores Again / Kenneth Omeruo. Named Among World Cub Best VI Eliminated Player.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.