Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike (9591 Views)

ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report / Group Sues ASUU Over Strike / Father Sues ASUU Over Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by Brimmie(m): 1:51am On Aug 17, 2013
THE Alumni Association of Kano University of Technology (AAKUT) rose from its maiden AnnualGeneral Meeting (AGM), yesterday in Kano, and condemned the incessant industrial action by Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), saying its negative impact on the nation’s education sector is grossly regrettable.

Secretary of the Association, Alhaji Fahad Ibrahim Danladi, who spoke to newsmen at the Murtala Mohammed Library Complex, urged the leadership of ASUU to device other means of agitation, rather than mutilating academic calendar, a situation which he said contribute immensely to the continuous decline in the nation’s educational standard.

Danladi noted thatindustrial action has never been a point for bargain in the developed world, adding that the academics should be more creative in fighting fortheir cause in this modern era.

“Resort to industrial action as a means of arm twisting the federal Government overtime has not in any way yielded any positive result more especially now that downing of tools has become a bandwagon in resolving industrial distribute in Nigeria,” Danladi stated.

He added that, “We are talking of community of egg heads in Nigeria, I personally believe that their approach should be different from the current practice, which in my opinion, would refocus the strategy in industrial dispute.

“Personally, I don’t subscribe to this whole concept of strike action that has been made notorious, it has not work out anything and I don’t think it’s a panacea to the lingering problem education in Nigeria.”

According to him, Nigerian Students and their Parents are tied and done with the several ASUU strikes maintaining that rather than addressing the problems it has continue to plunge the country educational sectorto state of abyss contrary to the principles of development and sound educational system.

“I’msaying with all modesty that the industrial actions of the ASUU has been detrimental to the nation educational sector and has not yielded any positive thing to show as such they should change tactics and adopt new measures that are going to help the education and give a positive direction to as how best things will be improved,”he stated.

Source: The Nation
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/kano-university-alumni-slam-assu-over-strike/
Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2013
NB: incase you are a foreigner

Strike is an annual festival in Nigeria organized by ASUU when students are not expected to go to school for some few months

12 Likes

Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by charlsecy4(m): 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2013
Doesn't the alumni of this Kano University know that ASUU is an annual festival when students must not go to school?

How could you ask babies not to suck breasts?

1 Like

Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by Davijunson: 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2013
Well, lets wait n see if deir statement change anytin abt d strike.
Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2013
Davijunson: Well, lets wait n see if deir statement change anytin abt d strike.
no be ASUU?
Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by Chigorkizz(m): 12:39pm On Aug 17, 2013
Assu has hijacked the university system fighting for their own interest.Assu has nt got it right.

3 Likes

Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by elrony(m): 12:40pm On Aug 17, 2013
Lol "slam"...na wrestling ??
Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by canalily(m): 12:42pm On Aug 17, 2013
Tell them o o o o oh! shocked ! ! Becos when we retaliate they will call it terrorism!
Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by untainted: 12:42pm On Aug 17, 2013
I totally agree that strike actions have adverse effect on education but strike is the only weapon available to ASUU.
Government signs an agreement and refuses to implement it after 4 years.
ASUU calls press conference appealing to government and all Nigerians: Government remains unperturbed.
ASUU goes on strike and someone says there are better ways to agitate.
Please if you have a better weapon than strike say it and stop telling striking workers to find it.

14 Likes

Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by PHIPEX(m): 12:43pm On Aug 17, 2013
I have been hearing of ASUU strike since I was a kid yet nothing good has come out of it. If the only instrument ASUU knows how to use in getting its demand is strike then am convinced that they have failed Nigeria students. I don't know the history of university development in developed countries but I doubt that they got there through strike actions (I stand to be corrected).

Students' time are wasted in school, some that have plans are frustrated in the name of strike yet at the end of it employers of labour will still place an age cap on their job adverts. If you have not been a victim you wouldn't understand how it feels to be an undergraduate in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by Evalsam1(m): 12:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
AAKUT shld allow ASUU to fight 4 their right Jo o.

which other means did they what ASUU to use apart from strike?

1 Like

Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by slimfredo(m): 12:46pm On Aug 17, 2013
[s][/s] grin grin
Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by Goddex: 12:49pm On Aug 17, 2013
These ASUU are very greedy and selfish set people.
Initially, they gave us impression like they were agitating for better infrastructure in Universities and we supported them not knowing the rogues were fighting for their pockets.
Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by Olastep1(m): 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2013
I dey laff

1 Like

Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by idugbe(m): 1:05pm On Aug 17, 2013
Abeg, who won in the match between Eyimba and Bayelsa united? Abi no be the topic?

1 Like

Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by Lawalemi(m): 1:07pm On Aug 17, 2013
Abysmal abuse of agitation strategy by ASUU
Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by chreldb(m): 1:15pm On Aug 17, 2013
untainted: I totally agree that strike actions have adverse effect on education but strike is the only weapon available to ASUU.
ASUU calls press conference appealing to government and all Nigerians: Government remains unperturbed.
Please if you have a better weapon than strike say it and stop telling striking workers to find it.

Well said!!!

2 Likes

Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by SPIDER90: 1:27pm On Aug 17, 2013
Kano University Alumni are on point. ASUU should device a better means of agitation. Are they not egg heads, a team of think thanks that should come out with new inventions/ways to solve myriad of the nation's problem? It is not proper that they are using the same style like Agberos.
Their demands all the time is all about pay rise and comparing their pay with politicians. My point is if you are not satisfied with what your employers are paying you, simply resign and join politics.
If Strike actions are viable tools, they wont be on strike now because past ones should have given them results.
You can't point 'gun' in form of strike on government and claimed that the agreement was willingly signed.

2 Likes

Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by DonHummer(m): 1:28pm On Aug 17, 2013
abeg make ASUU chill make i finish ma project b4 dem call off strike....
Bak to playing COD4

1 Like

Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by DonHummer(m): 1:31pm On Aug 17, 2013
Evalsam1: AAKUT shld allow ASUU to fight 4 their right Jo o.

pls WANT are you writing

1 Like

Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by ChiziDaniels(m): 1:42pm On Aug 17, 2013
I raised a similar issue in a thread on FB and it has been generating controversies and insults rather than pragmatic ideas and answers.
I want to introduce it on Nairaland so that our Nairalanders can have their say and give their reactions and thoughtful suggestions...

*ASUU AND THE PURPORTED N87 BILLION SAGA*
Pls let's reason together as
adults and rational beings, N87
wholesome billion naira for just 'earned allowances'? Does it not sound ridiculous? It's no longer NEEDS again, it's now 'earned allowances'. This is outside their basic salary oh! I mean, ASUU should be more reasonable. Is it for only teaching or also for inventing, production, fighting, defense and the rest. If ASUU doesn't call off the strike, then they're just being unnecessarily SELFISH! I believe I've spoken the students' mind. What do you think? (NO INSULTS AND ABUSES PLS.)

10 Likes

Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by fabby26(m): 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2013
untainted: I totally agree that strike actions have adverse effect on education but strike is the only weapon available to ASUU.

Oya. Make dem continue now. Abeg which round they dey now. FGN Vs ASUU....Interesting
Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by PHIPEX(m): 1:53pm On Aug 17, 2013

ASUU is paid to carryout research, let them find a better way to win their case because this strike as a tool of negotiation has failed. They have professors among them, can't they think of more viable options? If things remain as it is right now we will keep hearing of ASUU strikes in the next 20years. Somebody deviced strike as a negotiation tool, is it impossible for ASUU to device a new tool that suit their current state?
Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 17, 2013
ASSU is a bunch of selfish minded fools. They tell students to support them in the strike, that politicians are earning far more money than they are agitating for. How ridiculous and selfish. They better call off that strike. Students are at home doing nothing, while they will at the end of the month receive their salary. Stupid fools
Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by Youngzedd(m): 1:57pm On Aug 17, 2013
DonHummer: pls WANT are you writing

Trash. grin grin grin
Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by jadarmani(f): 1:58pm On Aug 17, 2013

i truly believe u aint a student,cos if u ar u won't b spewing dis trash.
Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by Youngzedd(m): 2:00pm On Aug 17, 2013
Goddex: These ASUU are very greedy and selfish set people.
Initially, they gave us impression like they were agitating for better infrastructure in Universities and we supported them not knowing the rogues were fighting for their pockets.

Before nko. Just for their selfish interest.
Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by Youngzedd(m): 2:01pm On Aug 17, 2013

Confirm trash.
Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by killuminati(m): 2:02pm On Aug 17, 2013
elrony: Lol "slam"...na wrestling ??
na kick boxing grin
Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by killuminati(m): 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2013
idugbe: Abeg, who won in the match between Eyimba and Bayelsa united? Abi no be the topic?
togo united won, 79-1 foool time.
Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by lincolnj88: 2:11pm On Aug 17, 2013
If all sectors agitate for 87 billion just for earned allowance den I think we are doom.....
Re: Kano University Alumni Slam ASUU Over Strike by wizzyrichy(m): 2:13pm On Aug 17, 2013
ASUU nd Fg ar jst playing politics wit students future. E no go beta for dem if dem no do somtin abt d strike

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Worst Three Federal, State And Private Universities In Nigeria / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015/2016 Diploma And Pre Science Form / "Classy Facts" Picture Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.