Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,228 members, 7,846,065 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Increasing Health Education In Our Communities - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Increasing Health Education In Our Communities (471 Views)

Snakes Invade Communities In Plateau State, Attacks Many / Health Education And Health Promotion / Kenya: Increasing Access To Sanitary Pads Using Banana-fibre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Increasing Health Education In Our Communities by onnyb: 5:07am On Aug 17, 2013
Yesterday, I had a sad experience. A woman walked into the medical laboratory where I assist and requested genotype testing for her baby.
After collection of sample from the baby, I noticed the woman was visibly agitated. She would not sit down even after entreaties to do so. She kept on asking ; how far? and was near to tears. On giving her the result; she broke down in tears; the Child had now been confirmed Sickle Cell dominant SS.
I kept on wondering; did she know about the possibility of her transferring her Sickle cell trait if she married another Sickle cell carrier? Or health education efforts in that direction did not reach her before marriage?

(1) (Reply)

Documentary: 77% Ofnigerian Women Bleach Theirskin / Beyond Health (A Must Read) / Sleep Affects Exercises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.