Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,936 members, 7,835,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Complaint Against Ihostafrica - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Complaint Against Ihostafrica (809 Views)

Please Who Knows The Owner Of Ihostafrica.com, They Are Not Responding / Ihostafrica Please (abeg) Let Me Transfer My Domain Name / Ihostafrica Ready For Acquisition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Complaint Against Ihostafrica by velo10: 6:13am On Aug 17, 2013
Sometimes, I do not know what is wrong with some Nigerian webhosts.
I was due for renewal with Ihostafrica.com hosting service and was given a N2000 invoice to pay. I paid it in. After the payment, I was now told that the invoice was an error that the actual money to pay was N4500. I said alright I'll make payment before the end of the week.
Before the week ended, I was deactivated. I paid the balance the next day and my payment was confirmed. I am still yet to get a receipt from them. Neither is my domain activated after more than 48 hours of payment.
Can these companies get to understand that some people's business highly depend on their websites and it is highly necessary issues like this are given priority?
I have called their line numerous times and I don't get answered. Definitely means my line has being marked. That's why I have to come here. Perhaps they'll take their customers who have made payment more seriously.
Re: Complaint Against Ihostafrica by databoy247(m): 6:56am On Aug 17, 2013
When it comes to hosting your websites even if its a Nigerian company or not, one has to be very careful. If you dont have a good host, your business image online can plummet. Sometimes i spend money to test these hosts to see how far they would go to give me a good service and alot of times i get crap services from them. I have had an experience with the same ihostafrica and they are really full of crap (no offense). Maybe they were happy to "steal" my money from me but the truth is they have lost alot more. Next time, go for trudigits, or whogohost (my recommendations). What i would suggest you do is try get a refund which might be difficult since they are not picking your calls and then buy a new domain name (.net or .biz) from godaddy or namecheap. it might be annoying but thats the only choice you've got. Then look for a Nigerian host and host the domain name. That way you have full control of your domain name meaning you can change hosts whenever you like. grin
Re: Complaint Against Ihostafrica by talk2me006(m): 7:02am On Aug 17, 2013
It happened to me also for one website i host with them..
I was so angry to the extent of asking for refund but the guy later cooperate sha .
Guy! Try to not make the mistake again . Try use hostgator or whogohost..
Those are the two am currently use..they are too good
Re: Complaint Against Ihostafrica by velo10: 3:40am On Aug 18, 2013
The ridiculous thing is that these people have kept my website down for the past 84 hours. Do they understand that this is killing to business?

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To Imclassroom? / Back In 2011 TO 2012, Who Remember This Stuff (2go Phinishing Page) / A Favour....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.