Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis (16343 Views)

NDLEA Arrest 4 Nigerians, 4 Mexicans In A Drug Factory In Delta / NDLEA Arrests A Lagos Pastor With 1.978kg Of Heroin At Enugu Airport. / NDLEA Arrests Pastor With 1.978kg Of Heroin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by hardniola(m): 8:21am On Aug 17, 2013
Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Friday arrested a 27 years old Philosophy student at the Ebonyi State University with 5.960 kilogrammes of drug at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, (MMIA), Lagos.

The suspect, Mr. Chukwu Ramseyn Onyekaozuru was apprehended during the outward screening of Alitalia passengers when he attempted to smuggle about 5.300kg of cannabis and 660 gramnmes of heroin to Rome, Italy.

Speaking on the arrest, NDLEA Airport Commander, Hamza Umar pointed out that the student was caught with parcels of cannabis that were covered with dried bitter leaf vegetables inside a bag while the heroin was ingested by the suspect.

Mr. Umar further said that the arrest was one of the few cases of poly-drug trafficking made by the command.

“Most traffickers smuggle only one drug at a time. This case is one of the few poly-drug trafficking cases recorded by the command since January. The suspect had 5.300kg of cannabis packed in vegetables and other food ingredients. He also ingested 660 grammes of heroin. It is an interesting case and we have made significant progress in our investigations,” Hamza stated.

Meanwhile, Chairman of the Agency, Ahmadu Giade in his response reiterated the need for people to shun drug trafficking.

He said “people who wish to successfully pursue their legitimate aspirations must shun drug trafficking and abuse. It is better to learn from the mistakes of others by avoiding drug trafficking and abuse. Rather than going to prison on account of drug trafficking or undergoing drug abuse treatment, people can simply prevent it by resisting drug barons.”

Alhaji Giade stressed that the suspect will soon be charged to court.

Narrating his ordeal, the suspect who graduated at Ebonyi State University in 2009 with three referrals said that he was lured into smuggling drug because he needed money to travel back to Italy.

Mr. Onyekaozuru said “I studied Philosophy at Ebonyi State University where I graduated in 2009 with three referrals”. I later travelled to Italy and came back to write the three courses. As a result of my long stay in the country, I was broke and needed money to buy my ticket to Italy and settle other family expenses. In the process of looking for money, I was introduced to the drug baron who bought my ticket and gave me one thousand Euros. I accepted the money because I was practically stranded after my exams”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/ndlea-arrests-student-with-5-960kg-of-drug/#sthash.bfuRdZaf.dpuf
Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by saolab: 8:29am On Aug 17, 2013
ok, go and stranded in the prison too.
Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by hardniola(m): 8:38am On Aug 17, 2013
front page pls.........for student to re-think b4 going into drug.

1 Like

Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by Standing5(m): 8:38am On Aug 17, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by cKaiser: 10:08am On Aug 17, 2013
See wetin ASUU don cause

The guy get luck say na Naija dem catch am and no be Malaysia

3 Likes

Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by phil5(m): 1:33pm On Aug 17, 2013
Bad in mjs voice

1 Like

Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by cnwamo(m): 1:35pm On Aug 17, 2013
True talk.......

cKaiser: See wetin ASUU don cause

The guy get luck say na Naija dem catch am and no be Malaysia

2 Likes

Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by MrTAnonymous(m): 1:35pm On Aug 17, 2013
cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by 9jaboy007: 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2013
ok save the rest story for your prison mates oookk
Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by iamswizz(m): 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2013
Nigerian youths and drugs shaaa.. God help us.
Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by dowjones(m): 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2013
This nigga will be back in the streets in no time. he simply paying his dues thats all. #true
Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by MrAladin: 1:38pm On Aug 17, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ASUUHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ASUU
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ASUU
Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 17, 2013
Na ASUU strike cause am!

1 Like

Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by slinkman(m): 1:39pm On Aug 17, 2013
thtz my nigga
Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by banky0503(m): 1:39pm On Aug 17, 2013
And u are gonna blame dis on ASUU?
Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by oneliegeria: 1:40pm On Aug 17, 2013
grin grin grin This get rich or die trying syndrome seems to take a lopsided direction. What is the cause?
Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by 1shortblackboy: 1:42pm On Aug 17, 2013
only dem say ein be student only dem say ein don graduate undecided

1 Like

Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 17, 2013
If you have never dragged a wrap or roll of egbo or s.k cast the first stone! wink

2 Likes

Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 17, 2013
Wetin be ASUU cause am wey this children dey talk sef.. What about millions of unemployed gradutes sitting at home just like him. A desperate mind, always in criminality. People just have a cheap way of justifying stupidity

3 Likes

Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by searay(m): 1:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
Well as a typical Nigerian, let me blame someone for the arrest.
Therefore, I blame GEJ for this arrest.
=========WHY?==========
No reason.
==CURE FOR THIS MY STUPIDITY==
3 doses of STUPIDozine 3 times daily for 7 days
Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by nerodenero: 1:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
Wobia,Ole,Olojukokoro,alainitelorun,olosi okunrin.Go and rot in jail joo.Na ASUU strike say make you go carry drugs abi?Na only you be the first to get referrals?Abeg,shift joo.Next!!!

1 Like

Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 17, 2013
it's really a pity for him, so many here castigating him will still do worse if they are in his situation.

1 Like

Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by Oduyalerapheal(m): 1:47pm On Aug 17, 2013
Brokenbars: Na ASUU strike cause am!
Oduyale rapheal: This ASUU festival don create a big problem
Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by searay(m): 1:47pm On Aug 17, 2013
Donpuzo: If you have never dragged a wrap or roll of egbo or s.k cast the first stone! wink
*******PICKS the BIGGEST STONE**** and projects/cast/throw/hit

2 Likes

Re: Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis by OmniSparrow: 1:47pm On Aug 17, 2013
Donpuzo: If you have never dragged a wrap or roll of egbo or s.k cast the first stone! wink
Don't mind these ones. Holier than thou. Some de use igbo brush teeth for morning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rival Cult Clash In Makurdi: Two Dead / Customs Hand Over 73 Cartons Of Fake Codeine Syrup To NAFDAC [PHOTOS] / Gunmen Kidnap Family Of Five In Ondo, Demand N10 Million Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.