Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria (84314 Views)

Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? / Which Institution Has The Highest Number Of Runz Babes? / The Tribe With The Best Professors In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by jamesibor: 11:08am On Aug 17, 2013
Facts can never be hidden. To be first does not mean you would win the race; let us open up all our institutions and may the best man win. Let us not depend on handouts or privileges but on heard work. Let us compete and give the best positions to our brightest – be it Ibo, Yourba or Fulani, and then we shall see who is the most successful Nigerian.

I find it difficult not to respond to some of these long-held lies that are constantly being peddled by Yorubas. One is that the Yoruba have the largest number of professors in the country. I would again ask that we stick to facts and statistical records. The Nigerian Universities Commission has a record of the state with the largest number of professors on their records and as at 2010 that state is Imo State followed by Ondo State and then Anambra State; the next state is Ekiti and then Delta before Kwara State. I am sure you Yorubas are surprised. When you sit in the South-West do not think others are sleeping but I wish to address another historical fact and that is who were the first Nigerians to receive Western education. It is important that these issues be examined in their historical context and evidence through research be presented for all to examine.

I have continued my research for as the great sociologist and father of modern sociology – Emile Durkheim – put it, the definition of a situation is real in its consequence . What this simply means is that one must never allow a perceived falsehood to become one’s reality and by extension individuals who accept a defined position act as though the situation is real and apply themselves in that narrowly defined perspective.

Why is this important to state it is because for long the Yoruba have peddled lies that have almost become accepted as the truth by other Nigerians but it is important that we lay down the facts for others to examine and come to their own conclusion for facts are facts. Let’s go back to education. Historically, Western education resulted as a product of indigenous ethnic groups interacting with the whites through trade. The dominant groups sold slaves, ivory gold and a host of other products to their European counterparts in exchange for finished goods – wine, tobacco, mirrors, etc.

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=2547&title=Igbo-scholar-disgraces-Femi-Fani-Kayode-•Demolishes-claims-on-Igbo%2FYoruba-history-with-facts-and-figures

4 Likes

Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by k2039: 11:14am On Aug 17, 2013
OP, you are yarning dust and smoke (a result of being high on weed or maybe you have been smoking pubic hair).

Show me a state that has a higher number of professors than my beloved Ekiti State.

6 Likes

Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 17, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 17, 2013
Professor in your native language (yoruba)....lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by jamesibor: 11:23am On Aug 17, 2013
k2039: OP, you are yarning dust and smoke (a result of being high on weed or maybe you have been smoking pubic hair).

Show me a state that has a higher number of professors than my beloved Ekiti State.

That is one of the age old lies the author set out to destroy. Do you have any proof that "your beloved Ekiti" has got the highest number of professors in Nigeria?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by jamesibor: 11:23am On Aug 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by fijiano202(m): 11:23am On Aug 17, 2013
Firstly this is a dumb write-up and u need to get ur facts right,only a dumb writer we make reference to 2010 in year 2013 to acertain his prove becos between 2010 and 2013 nigeria has produce over 300 professors in different courses.Secondly concerning the nigeria University Commision Yoruba has the highest number of professor in diaspora,not every yoruba got their professorship from a Nigerian University or NUC

5 Likes

Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Coldfeet(f): 11:29am On Aug 17, 2013
I didn't know that! But hey if its true OF WHAT USE HAS IT BEEN TO ALAIGBO?? I know a
couple of Igbo professors who have
chosen to better the lives of the
indigenes of the states where they
reside yet theirs is left out! Nothing
is wrong with contributing to the
welfare of the society you find
yourself o! But then whoever says
Charity should begin at home knew
the consequences should it not.
Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 17, 2013
Coldfeet: I didn't know that! But hey if its true OF WHAT USE HAS IT BEEN TO ALAIGBO?? I know a couple of Igbo professors who have chosen to better the lives of the indigenes of the states where they reside yet theirs is left out! Nothing is wrong with contributing to the welfare of the society you find yourself o! But then whoever says Charity should begin at home knew the consequences should it not.
True Talk.
Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by jamesibor: 11:50am On Aug 17, 2013
fijiano202: Firstly this is a dumb write-up and u need to get ur facts right,only a dumb writer we make reference to 2010 in year 2013 to acertain his prove becos between 2010 and 2013 nigeria has produce over 300 professors in different courses.Secondly concerning the nigeria University Commision Yoruba has the highest number of professor in diaspora,not every yoruba got their professorship from a Nigerian University or NUC
Are you suggesting that the number of professors from Ekiti state has increased tremendously between 2010 and 2013?

While I'm not disputing that, it however doesn't tally with available statistics like JAMB, WAEC etc. which point to the fact that the number of people going to school in the South West has been on a steady decline at least in the last 2 decades.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 17, 2013
k2039: OP, you are yarning dust and smoke (a result of being high on weed or maybe you have been smoking pubic hair).

Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2013

both you and the op are wrong, ondo state has the highest number of professors in nigeria, if u doubt it visit school like oau,ui,funnab,unilag,unilorin,abu,lasu,futa,futo,uniport,uniben and so on, u will find out that 35 to 40% of those school professors are from ondo state,even university of ibadan that has the highest professors of 180, about 75 of them are from ondo state.
Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Akinsete19(m): 1:49pm On Aug 17, 2013
I don't think any state can beat ondo and ekiti state in education, ondo state should have highest number of professor in nigeria, follow by ekiti.
Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 17, 2013
Akinsete19: I don't think any state can beat ondo and ekiti state in education, ondo state should have highest number of professor in nigeria, follow by ekiti.
He who never goes out will think his father's farm yam barn is the biggest. Jamb is headed by a yoruba man, his statistics says otherwise.
The NUC helmsman is not Igbo his statitics also punctures yoruba claim of intellectuallism.
Even punch (a pro-yoruba paper)in their editorial some few days ago bemoaned the steady decline of education in yorubaland.
Imo, Anambra and Delta have the highest cut off marks for unity schools while SW fights for bottom spot with the likes of Zamfara.

Wake up and smell the coffee grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by jamesibor: 3:48pm On Aug 17, 2013
coded80: both you and the op are wrong, ondo state has the highest number of professors in nigeria, if u doubt it visit school like oau,ui,funnab,unilag,unilorin,abu,lasu,futa,futo,uniport,uniben and so on, u will find out that 35 to 40% of those school professors are from ondo state,even university of ibadan that has the highest professors of 180, about 75 of them are from ondo state.
How about UNN, NAU, FUTO, ANSU, IMSU, EBSU, ESUT, Madonna, ABSU, MOU etc. The names of schools you just listed above shows you've never been outside the South West.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Akinsete19(m): 8:32pm On Aug 17, 2013
james_ibor: How about UNN, NAU, FUTO, ANSU, IMSU, EBSU, ESUT, Madonna, ABSU, MOU etc. The names of schools you just listed above shows you've never been outside the South West.
you see what i am saying, u don't know what you are saying u just open this thread for selfish interest cause everybody is opening thread you too want to open, all those school you mention are nigeria based institutions, it not recognise international, they only recognise about 7 nigeria giant universities which are oau-ife, unilag,ui-ibadan,unilorin,uniben,funnab-abeokuta,abu-zaria, if u see the list u will see that 4 of them are south west, 2 from the north,1 from the south south. No south east institution because they class south east are the less educationally develop area,so i don't know how come u get the fake report u posted on nairaland,inshort i will inform the moderator to close down this thread because it is base on tribalism. And u are saying what u don't know.

3 Likes

Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Akinsete19(m): 8:52pm On Aug 17, 2013
dozzybaba: He who never goes out will think his father's farm yam barn is the biggest. Jamb is headed by a yoruba man, his statistics says otherwise.
The NUC helmsman is not Igbo his statitics also punctures yoruba claim of intellectuallism.
Even punch (a pro-yoruba paper)in their editorial some few days ago bemoaned the steady decline of education in yorubaland.
Imo, Anambra and Delta have the highest cut off marks for unity schools while SW fights for bottom spot with the likes of Zamfara.

Wake up and smell the coffee grin
which fake statitics are you talking about, imo,anambra and delta has the highest cut-off marks for unity school in alaba international and onisha market abi, be fooling urself.
Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Akinsete19(m): 8:59pm On Aug 17, 2013
james_ibor: How about UNN, NAU, FUTO, ANSU, IMSU, EBSU, ESUT, Madonna, ABSU, MOU etc. The names of schools you just listed above shows you've never been outside the South West.
u don't even know the different between regional zone, is unilorin,futo, abu zaria and so on southwest? Anyway i don't have time to be arguing on unnecessary issues.
Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by ayodeji752: 9:06pm On Aug 17, 2013
D inclusion of kwara state in d list makes it fake. Who is nuc? So profs of ekiti, ogun, delta, anambra, imo, kaduna, rivers, enugu etc who are lecturing in universities around d world had gone to nuc's office to register ryt? Or how did they arrive at d conclusion? No one can come out and name any state wit highest number of profs in d country xcept d person wants to deceive him or herself cos we have alot of Nigeria profs in Ghana , America, Canada, southafrica etc. A prof frm ondo state has just been appointed as vice chancellor in America university. All i knw is dat there is no family dat has no PHD holder in ekiti state and dats why they gave dem "fountain of knowledge" as their slogan and dats d sign dat they might have d highest number of profs. Imagin kwara state dat is still in education less developed state dat makes nuc's list? Nuc itself is fake
Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by ayodeji752: 9:09pm On Aug 17, 2013
Akinsete19: u don't even know the different between regional zone, is unilorin,futo, abu zaria and so on southwest? Anyway i don't have time to be arguing on unnecessary issues.
u must be frm ondo town or riverine area of d state cos dis ur username is very popular in d area
Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Akinsete19(m): 9:59pm On Aug 17, 2013
ayodeji752: u must be frm ondo town or riverine area of d state cos dis ur username is very popular in d area
i am from ondo state
Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Akinsete19(m): 10:12pm On Aug 17, 2013
ayodeji752: D inclusion of kwara state in d list makes it fake. Who is nuc? So profs of ekiti, ogun, delta, anambra, imo, kaduna, rivers, enugu etc who are lecturing in universities around d world had gone to nuc's office to register ryt? Or how did they arrive at d conclusion? No one can come out and name any state wit highest number of profs in d country xcept d person wants to deceive him or herself cos we have alot of Nigeria profs in Ghana , America, Canada, southafrica etc. A prof frm ondo state has just been appointed as vice chancellor in America university. All i knw is dat there is no family dat has no PHD holder in ekiti state and dats why they gave dem "fountain of knowledge" as their slogan and dats d sign dat they might have d highest number of profs. Imagin kwara state dat is still in education less developed state dat makes nuc's list? Nuc itself is fake
don't mind him jare, they are talking about education, he is calling kwara,imo,anambra,delta i don't know the year the started attending school, all those state are less educational develop area,even the most foolish person on earth knows that no state in nigeria that can withstand ondo and ekiti state when it come to education in nigeria.
Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 17, 2013
Akinsete19: which fake statitics are you talking about, imo,anambra and delta has the highest cut-off marks for unity school in alaba international and onisha market abi, be fooling urself.

Your father's farm is the biggest grin. 'EdJuKated' man you should be 'ShoFistiKated' enough to use google. Oh I forgot, you a had a free and substandard mass-produced education grin. Let me help you...click the link below

www.cknnigeria.com/2013/06/unity-school-cut-off-markzamfara.html?m=1

Cut-off marks for some states.

Imo-138
Anambra-139( the highest)
Ekiti(fountain and mountain of Knowledge)-119 grin
kogi(North)-119 grin

From all indications the Southwest can only be compared with Northern states in terms of education grin.
Go hold Ministry of Education for trouser..no be me talk am oooooo, na dem talk am. grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Akinsete19(m): 11:39pm On Aug 17, 2013
dozzybaba:

Your father's farm is the biggest grin. 'EdJuKated' man you should be 'ShoFistiKated' enough to use google. Oh I forgot, you a had a free and substandard mass-produced education grin. Let me help you...click the link below

Imo-138
kogi(North)-119 grin

From all indications the Southwest can only be compared with Northern states in terms of education grin.
Go hold Ministry of Education for trouser..no be me talk am oooooo, na dem talk am. grin

u see your life, did u read the topic of this thread before posting fake news on it? Did minister of education called you and tell you this? Did u know that the above link is a blog own by a private individual which he/she can post anytime he/she like on it? Did u know that 70% of information on internet are false news? So get the fact right and stop being obstinate on issue that the history can't be change.
Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by fijiano202(m): 12:03am On Aug 18, 2013
Dozzybaba its really disappointing that a well-educated individual can post a comment on assumption.Firstly parents in southwest hardly send their children to unity schools at the moment cos it has lost its standard.the reason why Ondo cut mark is at 119 is purely due to the fact that they are trying to attract students to their school,why would i send my kids to unity school when there are lots of better schools outthere than unity School.Secondly how many Secondary schools do you have u in Imo,Anambra and ABia,multiply the number by 10 that would equal the number of better schools in each state in southwest.Thirdly Unity School to u at the Eastern part of Nigeria is highly rated like Kings college,Christ School,Command Sec to the Southwest,The Unity School you count as the Best in Imo,ABia and anambra is one of the worst school in south west,so dont ever try to praise that shitty school.NOw get back to the topic
Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 18, 2013
See the guy o, he did not read the topic before comment on it, are they still unity in nigeria? People in the south-west used to attend unity people in the olding days,why should we send your children to unity school when the are many schools in nigeria, it is due to poverty that is why anambra and imo has the highest cut-off mark, count the number of schools in anambra,imo and delta and add them together, is not up to the number of school in festac town lagos. The are talking about education you are calling imo,anambra and delta, can u compel dog with lion?
Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 18, 2013
dozzybaba:

Imo-138
kogi(North)-119 grin

we have made this record in southwest back in the early 19th when education first started in southwest.
Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by jamesibor: 4:32pm On Aug 18, 2013
coded80: we have made this record in southwest back in the early 19th when education first started in southwest.
I get am before no be property my brother.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
You guys are running away from facts and hiding under your beds as usual.

Yoruba no longer go to unity school abi....they go to private schools..bla.bla..bla...bloody liars grin.
How many yoruba can afford private education when the Southwest has the highest poverty rate in southern Nigeria according to National Bureau of Statistics and have an insatiable urge for free education? eh?.... grin

You guys need to travel some more and see more of your country.
Your views do not extend beyond your nostrils. grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by fijiano202(m): 8:45pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dozzy baba have tried across the nation and have been to over 16 states,the poorest yoruba state is better than imo and anambra,ebonyi is the worst,the population of oyo or ogun is more than all the eastern state combined,imagine how many people in lagos compare to all imo,anambra,ebonyi,abia,enugu combined together,secondly imagine number of privates school in lagos alone to all those state
Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
Yes yoruba states is the poorest state in nigeria, but did you know that 10% of crude oil nigeria produce in nigeria is from only ondo state, ondo state revenue can feed all the eastern state on a well balance diet for 2000years without any effect to the state, if there is no lagos state 98%eastern region could have been poorer than niger republic, number of private school in lagos state is more than the population of all eastern region.

2 Likes

Re: IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria by Olastep1(m): 1:34am On Aug 19, 2013
Yeye op

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Part Time Courses (yabatech) / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria / Chris Ifeanyi's Duplex (Uniabuja SUG President)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.