Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,953 members, 7,866,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 08:49 PM

My Flight Experience. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Flight Experience. (421 Views)

How And Why I Missed My Flight / My Aero Flight Experience And Reasons Why You Cannot Die Yet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Flight Experience. by Built2last: 4:23pm On Aug 17, 2013
We were mid-air approaching the airpot when the Pilot announced that we can not land..He said we are going to assume a holding pattern until further instructions come from the tower.

After some time, a few, rather intoxicated passengers began to question the traffic controllers decision. Perhaps we were all concerned. Its just that some had their concerns lubricated with several stiff shots of rage and rum.

The anxious looks and acidic remarks that came from the crowd subsided as the air hostess quickly eased people's fears.She informed several worried passengers that the planes always carry enough fuel to withstand the demands of these kinds of delays.There was a calm assurance on the faces of passengers.I will have to attribute it to the fact that they had prepared for every air delay. I began to Wonder if we as children of God shouldn't be better prepared for those times in our lives when God speaks from His throne and advice you to assume a holding pattern until further adviced.The question is not always, Do you have enough faith to receive? Some times it is this: Do you have enough faith inside you to assume a holding pattern and wait for the fulfilment of the promise.
The words of the air hostess brought succour, contentment and assurance that someone cares about our worries. Do you not have a sense of contentment by the word of God that He has not forgotten you in that situation. Remember, God isn't easily spooked by what we call emergency.He is God and God all by Himself.
There is a scripture in Gen 8:1 that keeps me going:

''And God remebered Noah and all the wild animals and the live stocks that were with him in the ark.and He sent a wind over the earth and the waters receded''

The first four words in the above verse is all I always need to have assurance that God will come through for me.

Before Noah ran out of resources and provisions, God remembered him. The Lord Knows where you are and He knows how much you have left in your reserve. God will show up and bigger. He has not forgotten what you last told Him. Trust Him

2 Likes

Re: My Flight Experience. by PastorOluT(m): 4:54pm On Aug 17, 2013
God bless u @ op

(1) (Reply)

...muslim Men Protecting Acatholic Church In Egyptduring Mass ยป / DAILY MANNA Feeding On His Word Daily / ...the Fathers Have Eaten Sour Grapes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.