Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype (18550 Views)

Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) / 'Helicopter' Manufactured By Two Boys In Anambra State / Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype by bennynaza(m): 8:03pm On Aug 18, 2013
Made in Mbaise! Relax, ihe gala futawa futawa... U neva see anytin gi na kpokeshi
Re: Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype by Uwem2009(m): 8:10pm On Aug 18, 2013
[quote author=Capt. JH Miller]

I doubt that thing can fly, look at the baldes its crooked, its soppose to be areodynamic and have a shape of an airfoil.
The blades are too short and thin to create lift. For that heavy craft plus a pilot.
I can't see a tail. No hleicopter can fly with one set of blades.
An aircraft requires an engine with a significant amount of horsepower, from that pic its a mottocycle or tricycle engine.. No match. The engine with the required horsepower is a powerbike engine, a powerbike engine alone is bigger than that structure.

To create a fying craft no be beans, that's why they are really expensive. A lot of time goes into details of everything.. Haven't talked about the contols yet!

So guys..

Its just a model put together for fun.
[/quote

no doubt am not an engineer but please spare me this lecture, and think of creating a prototype yourself.. this is our problem too much talking less action
Re: Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2013
crystalballs: Can it fly.
Re: Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype by Seempliehuman(m): 9:07pm On Aug 18, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:

I doubt that thing can fly, look at the baldes its crooked, its soppose to be areodynamic and have a shape of an airfoil.
The blades are too short and thin to create lift. For that heavy craft plus a pilot.
I can't see a tail. No hleicopter can fly with one set of blades.
An aircraft requires an engine with a significant amount of horsepower, from that pic its a mottocycle or tricycle engine.. No match. The engine with the required horsepower is a powerbike engine, a powerbike engine alone is bigger than that structure.

To create a fying craft no be beans, that's why they are really expensive. A lot of time goes into details of everything.. Haven't talked about the contols yet!

So guys..

Its just a model put together for fun.
To an issue completely unrelated to this post,your username suggests you've seen 'saving private ryan'. Great movie,ryt?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype by tunwe(m): 9:26pm On Aug 18, 2013
That Is an art. A scurpture. It takes more than carving a man to create a man with life. Vehicles Is much more than the outer casings. It Is the power that matters. For those interested in developing vehicles, work on the power dynamic forces, like engines (motor), transmissions , or parts of them. That Is the brain. Then you will be on the way to creating a mobility. What you have there Is like drawing, carving, or scurpturing a butterfly and then claiming you create or make a butterfly prototype. No, you are an artist. Not an engineer. Congrat for your effort, hope it will be a source of funs for some children, if no dangerous sharp edges that can injure them.
Re: Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
crystalballs: Can it fly.

An helicopter is meant to fly. Prototype this, prototype that. The bottomline is can it fly ?

How will someone design a toy that cannot even run on ground and you call it a plane or helicopter

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype by web01740(m): 10:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
Your Custom Web Design
We offer both informational and e-Commerce sites with unique and customized designs. Facebook Fan Page design and maintenance, logo design, web hosting, search engine optimization and marketing, and custom web programming also available at an affordable rate. We can help you promote your small business online with a great looking website that fits your exact specifications. We will work with you to create a design that is suitable for you and your needs.
For more information go here:>> http://www.yourcustomwebdesign.com/
Re: Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype by Fab4succex: 11:57pm On Aug 18, 2013
potentials: u r lost

And found grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype by Babymiles(f): 1:30am On Aug 19, 2013
kennyonthrone: yes is can fly

grin
Re: Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype by 012akujane(f): 6:21am On Aug 19, 2013
Seriously we have what it takes to make a country great....bt our leads dont ve want to encourage us.
Re: Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype by Luciouspaps(m): 12:08pm On Aug 19, 2013
Nigerian government don't encourage these things so any intelligent student or personel performing these incredible things should not think of some loyalty reward at the end of the whole show... sad my candid advice...
Re: Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype by infolpf: 2:41pm On Aug 19, 2013
Kudos to the resourcefulness and dedication of the young man.

However, this is not a prototype, it is a model helicopter. A prototype is built to test a new design or concept.
There is nothing new or conceptual about the design of this helicopter.
Re: Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype by jefekodo(m): 3:54pm On Aug 21, 2013
Baybe: Wow! That's nice.
That is right. We make noise about small things. Why call it a helicopter if it has not passed the certificate of helicopter(ing)? Of what good is a golden pen if it has no ink?

I will award the teenager, marks for fabrication of a "shape". But there's not marks awarded for the position of helicopter inventor until we see this shape in mid air. A video will suffice. Everybody has camera phones, a Youtube is free.
Re: Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype by paschalomenihu: 4:17pm On Aug 28, 2013
COUNTRY FIVE WE ARE EVERYWHERE DOING DO THINGS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 28, 2013
Re: Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype by Pakingzzz(m): 8:17am On Sep 05, 2013
BlackPikiN: Really.
He tried alot though. What lead him to do that,is what actually led me to build mine. Check it out here. https://www.nairaland.com/1307261/homebuilt-helicopter#17903703

Re: Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype by jbichene(m): 7:08am On Jan 07, 2016
manchy7531:
Should we see this great piece of science as an advancement or as most people would call it a death sentence?
hmmm the bladed ,if this thing really fly's then the invention must be the material used for the blade.
Re: Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype by jbichene(m): 7:12am On Jan 07, 2016
Pakingzzz:

He tried alot though. What lead him to do that,is what actually led me to build mine. Check it out here. https://www.nairaland.com/1307261/homebuilt-helicopter#17903703
this is more like it ,although your tail blade.
Re: Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype by litaninja(m): 3:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
Nigerians will put a ceiling fan on a water drum and proclaim inventions....Fly na!
Re: Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype by nazzyon(m): 2:47pm On Aug 09, 2021
Good morning,
After seeing the videos about the 2 young Nigerians who designed helicopter; there has been parties interested in their works.
If know anybody to them, kindly have them reach me via my email: nazzyon@gmail.com.
They will be supported and see to it that they improve their projects.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Register & Play Baba Ijebu Lotto Using Your Mtn Line / Amazing Inventions That Should Totally Exist / Ten Ways The Body Reacts To Deadly Extremes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.