Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina (2575 Views)

Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses / Monarch, Emmanuel Onyeike-Efeizomor, Sleeps With Snake For 5 Days / Emir Sanusi And Daughter In England (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:00pm On Aug 17, 2013
http://vimeo.com/56395626

anyone have any idea how to embed the video from vimeo here
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by Fulaman198(m): 10:03pm On Aug 18, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
http://vimeo.com/56395626

anyone have any idea how to embed the video from vimeo here

Sadly no Video embedding codes on this forum. Good video portraying Yan Arewa, more specifically great Hausa musicians.
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:10pm On Aug 19, 2013
hmm,. thats bad.

Im not sure they are Hausa, even though the drumming and instruments are Hausa. I feel most of this is copied from general durbar culture. (except for those retainers in black dress).

This area is dominated by Ngizimawa people, including the Mai ruler.
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by Fulaman198(m): 6:30am On Aug 20, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
hmm,. thats bad.

Im not sure they are Hausa, even though the drumming and instruments are Hausa. I feel most of this is copied from general durbar culture. (except for those retainers in black dress).

This area is dominated by Ngizimawa people, including the Mai ruler.

Aren't Ngizimawa a sub Hausa group? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:36pm On Aug 20, 2013
Fulaman198:

NO they are a separate ethnic group with their own language.

However they share close proximity and similarity with us. We are Chadic Sahelian peoples.
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by Fulaman198(m): 7:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

NO they are a separate ethnic group with their own language.

However they share close proximity and similarity with us. We are Chadic Sahelian peoples.

Ok... thank you for clarifying that
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by Fulaman198(m): 5:32am On Aug 21, 2013
You are right actually, they are from Beri-Beri people
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:55am On Aug 21, 2013
Fulaman198: You are right actually, they are from Beri-Beri people

Well not exactly. THey certainly do live close to Kanuri poeples but they are still separate.
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by Fulaman198(m): 7:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Well not exactly. THey certainly do live close to Kanuri poeples but they are still separate.

Language wise, their language is very close to one another.
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
Fulaman198:

Language wise, their language is very close to one another.

yes we all have similarities. it is very possible.
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by WHees(m): 8:48pm On Nov 02, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
hmm,. thats bad.

This area is dominated by Ngizimawa people, including the Mai ruler

Were you referring to the machina folks? If yes you are wrong, machina emirate was ruled by the kanuri/manga/bare-bari since time immemorial, the ngizim has never settle in machina, their root is the place where they are still ruling upto this day which is potiskum.
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:49pm On Nov 03, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

Were you referring to the machina folks? If yes you are wrong, machina emirate was ruled by the kanuri/manga/bare-bari since time immemorial, the ngizim has never settle in machina, their root is the place where they are still ruling upto this day which is potiskum.

I thought they ruled Machina as well.

are you sure? Do you have any link?
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by WHees(m): 2:05pm On Nov 04, 2013
Fulaman198:

They were sub-Bade. Ngizim and Bade are sister languages, legend has it that they had common progenitor who once had two sons who are both worthy to the throne[Gogaram emirate] and to avoid the obvious strife to come, the king in his wisdom divide the kingdom and assigned each of the princes to rule part of the divided land. A fluent Bade speaker can communicate with Ngizim and they will understand each other without any difficulty.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by WHees(m): 2:25pm On Nov 04, 2013
Fulaman198: You are right actually, they are from Beri-Beri people

They are the bare-bari[machina]

PAGAN 9JA:

Machina is situated in northern Yobe which is hundred of kilometers from the Ngizim that lived in Yobe west. And the ngizim do not live close to the kanuri, they live with the Bole, Ngamo, and Kare-kare.
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by WHees(m): 2:37pm On Nov 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

I thought they ruled Machina as well

Nah, not even once.
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by Fulaman198(m): 6:19pm On Nov 04, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

They were sub-Bade. Ngizim and Bade are sister languages, legend has it that they had common progenitor who once had two sons who are both worthy to the throne[Gogaram emirate] and to avoid the obvious strife to come, the king in his wisdom divide the kingdom and assigned each of the princes to rule part of the divided land. A fluent Bade speaker can communicate with Ngizim and they will understand each other without any difficulty.

Interesting where are you from Wheels?
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by Fulaman198(m): 6:22pm On Nov 04, 2013
According to Wikipedia, Ngizim language and Bade language are Chadic Languages like Hausa.
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

ok I did not know this story about the King. very interesting.
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by WHees(m): 7:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
Fulaman198:

Interesting where are you from Wheels?

Yobe
grin

Fulaman198: According to Wikipedia, Ngizim language and Bade language are Chadic Languages like Hausa.

Yeah, West chadic. And talking about wikipedia, how can one send an error report? On the list they have for nigerian traditional rulers and their ethnicity they mistakenly wrote kanuri as Bade emir's language.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:49pm On Nov 04, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

Yobe
grin

Yeah, West chadic. And talking about wikipedia, how can one send an error report? On the list they have for nigerian traditional rulers and their ethnicity they mistakenly wrote kanuri as Bade emir's language.

haha no wonder!

if you can share more info and pics it would be great. we can try to nominate this on frontpage and advertize Yobe. wink

As for wikipedia, make an account and change it yourself. It is a minor change and will go through a small period of screening and will be excepted. There is not much basis here for tampering.

Do you have the link to the list?
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by Fulaman198(m): 8:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

Yobe
grin

Very nice, good to see another Northerner
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
Fulaman198:

True. very few of us.

THis site is owned by Ibos and Yorubas and their petty squabbles.
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by WHees(m): 8:51pm On Nov 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

haha no wonder!

if you can share more info and pics it would be great. we can try to nominate this on frontpage and advertize Yobe. wink

Really? I like to broaden my extracurriculars too, I was bored this days and I need something to get busy with, but hey this is yobe we are talking about, the BH state with tons of soldiers deployed on a daily basis and insurgents rattling people. With barricades everywhere I think this task is enermous.

Will try my luck anyways, I will soon be visiting Yobe, there are many books written about these emirates which am sure I will get if I reach there and I will see to it that I get as many pics as I can. I will holla when ready.

PAGAN 9JA:
As for wikipedia, make an account and change it yourself. It is a minor change and will go through a small period of screening and will be excepted. There is not much basis here for tampering.

Do you have the link to the list?

Here is the link

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_traditional_states
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:54pm On Nov 04, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

Really? I like to broaden my extracurriculars too, I was bored this days and I need something to get busy with, but hey this is yobe we are talking about, the BH state with tons of soldiers deployed on a daily basis and insurgents rattling people. With barricades everywhere I think this task is enermous.

Will try my luck anyways, I will soon be visiting Yobe, there are many books written about these emirates which am sure I will get if I reach there and I will see to it that I get as many pics as I can. I will holla when ready.

Here is the link

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_traditional_states

great!

ok thnx.
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by WHees(m): 9:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
Fulaman198:

Good to see you.. I still don't know why we are few here, was it because of the fact that we have many sources of information or what?
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by Fulaman198(m): 9:11pm On Nov 04, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

Good to see you.. I still don't know why we are few here, was it because of the fact that we have many sources of information or what?

I am not too sure
Re: Nigeria Monarch Focuslight: Emir Of Machina by oyatz(m): 9:03am On Jun 30, 2021
WHees:

1) The Ngizism formed and control the traditional system in Potiskum (even though, the Bolewa ruler of the more developed Fika Emirate has relocated to Potiskum since 1922).

2) However, Ngizism people are also found as co-owners of villages under Nangere and Funa LGAs of Yobe State and their language appear closer to the Bade Language of Gashua Emirate.

3) Machina is Kanuri or more correctly, Mangawa which is like an adulterated form of Kanuri.

4) Machina and Nguru are neighbours and speak similar Manga dialects of the Kanuri Language.

(1) (Reply)

Oonirisa Did This, And Made 20 Million People Sad / Nigerian Expressions / Oh My Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.