Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,473 members, 7,836,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Women And Trousers - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women And Trousers (4051 Views)

Is It A Sin For Guy To Wear Fitted Shirts And Skinny Trousers? / Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women And Trousers by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
Everything is clear. All that proves otherwise of what is suggested that women should not wear trousers has been dealt with on this thread. The first page on this thread did justice to it.
Re: Women And Trousers by tintingz(m): 8:07pm On Sep 30, 2013
idnoble135:
We are not under the Law Sir/ Ma. John 1:17, Heb 1:1. If we wanted to be obey the law, we would really be under the curse of the law. Gal 3:10.
And we dont get God's approval by the law. Gal 3:11, Rom 3:20.
I know most of the people in the church would have quoted Deut 22:5 as their back up. And that verse does not support it. Anybody with opposing view should please make his/her mind known. I shall be back to comment on this.
So the 10 commandment given to Moses was just a joke then?

Why do Christians pick verses in Old testament and abandon some message in OT bible didn't Jesus said the believers should abide to the LAWS before him?

@OP wearing trousers to where God suppose to be worshiped and where we see men and women sitting together will cause distraction.
Re: Women And Trousers by soapdish(f): 8:36pm On Sep 30, 2013
@idnoble, I know that men wore skirts in the bible days, they also wore gowns. That is why I said I don't think trouser should be the issue rather we should preach against indecent dressing.
Re: Women And Trousers by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
tintingz: So the 10 commandment given to Moses was just a joke then?

Why do Christians pick verses in Old testament and abandon some message in OT bible didn't Jesus said the believers should abide to the LAWS before him?

@OP wearing trousers to where God suppose to be worshiped and where we see men and women sitting together will cause distraction.
the ten commandment is laid aside. It has no use to us anymore. Verify from the scriptures therein.
Re: Women And Trousers by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
soapdish: @idnoble, I know that men wore skirts in the bible days, they also wore gowns. That is why I said I don't think trouser should be the issue rather we should preach against indecent dressing.
That's what i've been saying! Modesty is the key.
Re: Women And Trousers by tintingz(m): 8:54pm On Sep 30, 2013
idnoble135:
the ten commandment is laid aside. It has no use to us anymore. Verify from the scriptures therein.
Really? Was Jehova joking then? Did Jesus condemn the 10 commandment?
Re: Women And Trousers by tintingz(m): 8:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
soapdish: @idnoble, I know that men wore skirts in the bible days, they also wore gowns. That is why I said I don't think trouser should be the issue rather we should preach against indecent dressing.
it is not actually skirts they wore, there wore garments, cloaks.
Re: Women And Trousers by Mintayo(m): 9:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
Modesty is the key.
As long as you are not wearing it to look 'sexy' or to seduce someone,and to make another brother fall into sin,then you are good to go!
Also,the motives behind ur wering it matters a lot.
I wonder why people care so much about physical appearance and neglect the heart...you can dress like an angel and yet your heart and spirit may not be right with God...that is a 'bigger' problem.

1 Like

Re: Women And Trousers by Alwaystrue(f): 9:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
idnoble135:
The 10 commandments were not set aside o @idnoble135, what Jesus did when He explained them using the heart motive and when He said they were summed up in love is to move it from tablets of stone written with ink and give us on tablets of human hearts written with the Spirit of God. They were amplified. All the things that could not make the Israelites keep it was because of the flesh- lust, anger/hatred, pride, envy, covetuousness, gluttony etc.
(2 Cor.3:3; Jer.24:7; Jer 31:33; Heb 8:10)
Re: Women And Trousers by soapdish(f): 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
tintingz: it is not actually skirts they wore, there wore garments, cloaks.

Oh yes!, they wore skirts
Eg:
Deut 22 v 30 NASB - "A man shall not take his father's wife so that he will not uncover his father's skirt.
Re: Women And Trousers by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
tintingz: Really? Was Jehova joking then? Did Jesus condemn the 10 commandment?

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be
justified in his sight
: for by
the law is the knowledge of
sin.
But now the righteousness of God without the law is
manifested
, being witnessed
by the law and the prophets Rom 3:20-21
For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and
has broken down the middle wall of separation,
having abolished in His flesh the
enmity, that is, the law of
commandments contained in
ordinances
, so as to create in
Himself one new man from
the two, thus making peace Ephe 2:14-15
Re: Women And Trousers by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2013
tintingz: it is not actually skirts they wore, there wore garments, cloaks.

lol... Garment is the general name for cloth. They wore skirts.
Re: Women And Trousers by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
Alwaystrue:
The 10 commandments were not set aside o @idnoble135, what Jesus did when He explained them using the heart motive and when He said they were summed up in love is to move it from tablets of stone written with ink and give us on tablets of human hearts written with the Spirit of God. They were amplified. All the things that could not make the Israelites keep it was because of the flesh- lust, anger/hatred, pride, envy, covetuousness, gluttony etc.
(2 Cor.3:3; Jer.24:7; Jer 31:33; Heb 8:10)

let's discuss via mail. I'd love you to also bear in mind the bible quotation above.
Re: Women And Trousers by tintingz(m): 9:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
soapdish:

Oh yes!, they wore skirts
No, not actually skirts

This is what they wore
[img]http://2.bp..com/_bfe_Pji6A0E/TK72TcQPYcI/AAAAAAAALZY/TPVZRbBu0ss/s1600/moses.jpg[/img]

It is called garment, cloaks.
Re: Women And Trousers by Alwaystrue(f): 9:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
No worries. I already have a post on that here on NL:

Check:

https://www.nairaland.com/1455684/what-seem-difference-between-old#18398498

And let's discuss via email tomorrow.
Re: Women And Trousers by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
idnoble135:
let's discuss via mail. I'd love you to also bear in mind the bible quotation above.
sir I strongly widh you to download this tape

-hells best kept secrets
By Ray Comfort
You can download it at www.livingwaters.com

Thank you. The file size is about 9.2mb

I also strongly urge you to do the same @ alwaystrue. Remain blessed. Yes, it talks about the law and its work in bringing man to christ
Re: Women And Trousers by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
tintingz: No, not actually skirts

This is what they wore
[img]http://2.bp..com/_bfe_Pji6A0E/TK72TcQPYcI/AAAAAAAALZY/TPVZRbBu0ss/s1600/moses.jpg[/img]

lol, was Bible wrong to call what Aaron wore skirt?
Re: Women And Trousers by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 30, 2013
Alwaystrue: No worries. I already have a post on that here on NL:

Check:

https://www.nairaland.com/1455684/what-seem-difference-between-old#18398498

And let's discuss via email tomorrow.
Thats Ok. Just that i was busy to send you the other mail.
Re: Women And Trousers by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chibuebem: sir I strongly widh you to download this tape

-hells best kept secrets
By Ray Comfort
You can download it at www.livingwaters.com

Thank you. The file size is about 9.2mb

I also strongly urge you to do the same @ alwaystrue. Remain blessed. Yes, it talks about the law and its work in bringing man to christ
Thanks for the recommendation. Ray Comfort? I think i remember the man. He has a partner. They are mainly interested in evangelism. I watched their programs months ago. I even stumbled on their program today.
I think i know where it will end. Lol!
But i'd do the listening.
Thanks.
Re: Women And Trousers by soapdish(f): 10:07pm On Sep 30, 2013
tintingz: No, not actually skirts

This is what they wore

Please see deut 22 v 30 NASB
Re: Women And Trousers by tintingz(m): 10:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
idnoble135:
lol, was Bible wrong to call what Aaron wore skirt?
I said not "actually" skirts

I didn't say they didn't wore skirts
Re: Women And Trousers by tintingz(m): 10:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
soapdish:

Please see deut 22 v 30 NASB
the verse does not say anything about garment nor skirt.

Ok they wore skirt EOD smiley
Re: Women And Trousers by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 30, 2013
So wat of tattoo
Re: Women And Trousers by soapdish(f): 11:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
Deut 22 v 30 (KING JAMES VERSION) - A man shall not take his father's wife, nor discover his father's skirt.

NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE -  "A man shall not take his father's wife so that he will not uncover his father's skirt.
Re: Women And Trousers by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
tintingz: I said not "actually" skirts

I didn't say they didn't wore skirts

Thats what i'm saying. If bible recorded that skirts were worn by men, is it not an indication that trousers are okay for ladies?
Re: Women And Trousers by Alwaystrue(f): 9:24am On Oct 01, 2013
@Chibuebem,
I read that article as you directed. It is just a simple confirmation still.
Till we understand this, many will still be getting it wrong.
Thank you very much.

@idnoble135,
You got mail. Please study and meditate well.
Re: Women And Trousers by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 01, 2013
Alwaystrue: @Chibuebem,
I read that article as you directed. It is just a simple confirmation still.
Till we understand this, many will still be getting it wrong.
Thank you very much.

@idnoble135,
You got mail. Please study and meditate well.

thank you ma'am. I hope it blessed you, and I hope it'll help you as you spread the gospel of Christ.
Re: Women And Trousers by zealed64: 11:15am On Oct 01, 2013
"Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with divers seeds: lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled. Thou shalt not plow with an ox and an ass together. Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together." (Deuteronomy 22:9-11).

THOSE VERSES IN THAT DEUTERONOMY 22 ARE NEVER TOUCHED BY THOSE WHO EMPHASIZE ON VERSE 5.. WHY??.. LIKE DEUTERONOMY 22 VS 11 SAY'S ---WE SHOULD NOT WEAR WOOLLEN AND LINEN TOGETHER... IS ANY ONE ABIDING TO THAT??.. Please read the whole chapter 22 of DEUTERONOMY..

Ladies wear your trousers o jare...!.
Re: Women And Trousers by tintingz(m): 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2013
soapdish: Deut 22 v 30 (KING JAMES VERSION) - A man shall not take his father's wife, nor discover his father's skirt.

NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE -  "A man shall not take his father's wife so that he will not uncover his father's skirt.
well I used online bible to search for the verse

Deuteronomy 22:30

New International Version
A man is not to marry his father's wife; he must not dishonor his father's bed.

New Living Translation
"A man must not marry his father's former wife, for this would violate his father.

English Standard Version
“A man shall not take his father’s wife, so that he does not uncover his father’s unclothedness.
www.biblehub.com/deuteronomy/22-30.htm

No skirt in this bible version undecided
Re: Women And Trousers by tintingz(m): 12:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
idnoble135:
Thats what i'm saying. If bible recorded that skirts were worn by men, is it not an indication that trousers are okay for ladies?
I believe the bible translator used skirt is some version because their cloaks looked like skirts but not actually skirts they wore

Skirt are suppose to start from the waist.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Karl Marx - Atheist Or Satanist? The Truth Behind The Curtain. / Is Intelligence The Same As Wisdom? / Dead For 23hours, Taken To Heaven & Hell, Sent Back With A Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.