Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference (8272 Views)

TSA: We Could’ve Sacked Bank Ceos, Says CBN / Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs / Faces At Jarushub Career Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2013
Jarus:

Fallacy of hasty generation. Untypical example.
Thank God I'm not charging anything for attendance. So participation is absolutely voluntary. In fact, I have spaces for 70 people, and will stop accepting requests when I have 80 applications. I have more than 30 already.

But FYI, these guys are not just anybody. You can't be a edumbhead and be the CEO of Accenture. Accenture, unlike your Oceanic, is not a Nigerian-founded entity. Personally, I owe my modest career attainment to 2 of the guys up there. Mr. Yusuf, then a partner, now CEO at Accenture, gave me what I considered the best career advice I ever got in my final year in the university, and riding on that, I have never got turned down after an interview in my 6 years career.

And like I mentioned earlier, participation is voluntary.

Fallacy you say? Read.

http://financialnigeria.com/NEWS/news_item_detail_archive.aspx?item=2156

Also browse on the Erastus Akingbola Library in Pan African University. I think it goes by a different name now
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 19, 2013
BedLam: @Jarus what about people that didn't go to school? Don't you think we have already pump too much hot air in this '' education '' balloon?
Must one be a graduate before he/she can be career oriented? What do graduates do by the way? They work for people.
What people that are starting up something?
Or don't you organise conference for such people?

My POV.
Good idea...I remember Stella English from the UK apprentice season 6. She had no qualification, not even GCSE and still won. But good Jarus already noted for future conferences.
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by BedLam: 5:29pm On Aug 19, 2013
Jarus:
This is the first edition, you know.
Noted all the same.
Ok, thanks..... Can we be friends on Facebook?
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 19, 2013
pDude:

Fallacy you say? Read.

http://financialnigeria.com/NEWS/news_item_detail_archive.aspx?item=2156

So you're saying, because Ibru and Akingbola failed, all executives all dumbheads? No single CEO is good or can make positive impact on another person. Is that your point?

Well, let's not waste our time on this. I'm sure neither of us stand to gain anything from this rather unproductive forth and back.

1 Like

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 19, 2013
Jarus:

So you're saying, because Ibru and Akingbola failed, all executives all dumbheads? No single CEO is good or can make positive impact on another person. Is that your point?

Well, let's not waste our time on this. I'm sure neither of us stand to gain anything from this rather unproductive forth and back.

They are all dumbheads. Yes.

Their practices are crude and archaic. They have no business ethics. And also they have not been able to lift the nation out of its financial abyss.

So yes, they are dumbheads. Thieving dumbheads.

2 Likes

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by UjSizzle(f): 5:44pm On Aug 19, 2013
Thanks, i'll clear my schedule smiley
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 19, 2013
nahinbdis:

And only ignorance and poverty can make a fully grown adult respond like this. Yours is a worse form of ignorance because you are ignorant of the fact of your ignorance. And this is what has brought you to this poor state. Not particularly as to financial poverty, but this degrading and enslaving poverty that is mental.

In a function like this, you will not take everything away. You will most likely not take a job away or get a job within the next few months because of what you learnt. tBut what about that tiny spark that will set your imagination aflame? What about the added information that will boost your knowledge base of the world around you? what about that slightest offchance that you will learn something useful?

Watch EPL if you choose ... and watch the reruns too... burn 4hrs daily on the things that add but little to you, but don't forget that you will someday grow old! Learn from the fathers that live on monthly checks from their children.

The fvck is the long tori you wrote above. Abeg go prostrate for oshodi expressway jor embarassed

As for a job, I got that years ago. As for listening to thieves holding conferences, I would rather entertain myself by watching p0rn or EPL.

As for my success rating, I am a successful Nigerian dude at 31, married with a kid, 2 SUVs and a beautiful wife. Living in a clean neighborhood. Isn't that the Nigerian definition of success grin

My dear, better spend your time doing something relaxing than driving through Lekki traffic to listen to thieves read website contents to you, presented with projectors and ipads grin

1 Like

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by oxygen25: 5:54pm On Aug 19, 2013
pDude:

Their practices are crude and archaic. They have no business ethics. And also they have not been able to lift the nation out of its financial abyss.

Hey! You don't say 'they are all dumbheads', you say 'some are dumbheads'. You made a rough conclusion which is bad, next time, don't make that mistake, meanwhile I don't think you have any idea or even possess basic knowledge of the business world (cos u are a needle and syringe manager), and what have you, it is this herd mentality that you carry about. So disappear sir and don't be an enemy of progress. Thanks
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by nahinbdis: 5:58pm On Aug 19, 2013
pDude:

Thieving dumbheads they must have been!

In their heydays, InterContinental Bank and Oceanic Bank had over 25,000 full time staff between them. Add to that another 17000 contract and support staff. These guys gave many youths their first big break post-university. Were they saintly? Would they fit in the first row of heaven's seats? We may never know. They did some bad stuff, maybe even a Iot of bad stuff ... but did they achieve some good in the midst of it? Of course they did!

And as saintly as you are, how many people have you ever employed? How much have you given to your world? Where are you in your life right now? Wake up dude! Life is not an EPL match!

3 Likes

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by nahinbdis: 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2013
pDude:

As for my success rating, I am a successful Nigerian dude at 31, married with a kid, 2 SUVs and a beautiful wife. Living in a clean neighborhood. Isn't that the Nigerian definition of success grin

grin

Is this all you have achieved? Is this what you call successful? There are hundreds of thousands of Nigerian youths that are way ahead of you already! And you can be so much more than you are right now.

You definitely need to change the group you roll with. Because being among the most 'successful' (as you rate success to be) in your group is not helping you at all. And conferences such as this are meant to stimulate your imagination and challenge you to aim for more.

3 Likes

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 19, 2013
nahinbdis:

Is this all you have achieved? Is this what you call successful? There are hundreds of thousands of Nigerian youths that are way ahead of you already! And you can be so much more than you are right now.

You definitely need to change the group you roll with. Because being among the most 'successful' (as you rate success to be) in your group is not helping you at all. And conferences such as this are meant to stimulate your imagination and challenge you to aim for more.

I haven't even started yet sef grin

Anyways the topic isn't about me so stay on the topic
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by showietee: 6:17pm On Aug 19, 2013
nice one bro, keep it up.

Hope you ll consider another one after this might have been successful in other locations aside of lag.

All the best, may thee creator strengthen you...
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 19, 2013
nahinbdis:

Thieving dumbheads they must have been!

In their heydays, InterContinental Bank and Oceanic Bank had over 25,000 full time staff between them. Add to that another 17000 contract and support staff. These guys gave many youths their first big break post-university. Were they saintly? Would they fit in the first row of heaven's seats? We may never know. They did some bad stuff, maybe even a Iot of bad stuff ... but did they achieve some good in the midst of it? Of course they did!

And as saintly as you are, how many people have you ever employed? How much have you given to your world? Where are you in your life right now? Wake up dude! Life is not an EPL match!

Success is not measured in term of "hey days"
Where are all those achievements today? Noexistent.

Like I said, I would rather watch EPL.
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by segxes23(m): 6:24pm On Aug 19, 2013
@jarus: consider some of us in your home state bro,maybe in Ilorin or Offa. We'l surely appreciate it
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by showietee: 6:26pm On Aug 19, 2013
pDude:

Pulling the nation out of the mess can't be attained on a partial differentiation but rather on a total differentiation....

These individual operate by laid down regulations, if the regulations are good enough then the nation will move ahead....

They are not the policy makers of the nation, if they fail in their duties then we can talk about it, if not, we beta mute.

Blame the policy makers for the general errs and blame the individual for the particular errs.

PEACE.
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 19, 2013
showietee:

Pulling the nation out of the mess can't be attained on a partial differentiation but rather on a total differentiation....

These individual operate by laid down regulations, if the regulations are good enough then the nation will move ahead....

They are not the policy makers of the nation, if they fail in their duties then we can talk about it, if not, we beta mute.

Blame the policy makers for the general errs and blame the individual for the particular errs.

PEACE.

Speaking of shifting the blame cry
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 19, 2013
pDude:

so whats the difference between those dumbheads and those in the us? or you think there's no corporate fraud in the us? or that the kenneth lays of this world did not also donate to business schools? is it not sleazy us businessmen who are responsible for the current global recession?

you're comfortable because you're a doctor. everyone else in yankee is treading water - thanks to us ceos. so i really don't know where all this smug self righteousness is coming from.

1 Like

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by showietee: 6:41pm On Aug 19, 2013
pDude:

Speaking of shifting the blame cry

NOT REALLY.... Am calling a spade a spade....

Blames should be apportion to the right channel.

It won't be approprate to judge the general by a particular.... (to have a deductive conclusion based on inductive test.)
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by jydux(m): 6:46pm On Aug 19, 2013
Pdude is living a bland life in Nowhere,USA. He is bored out of his wits and desperately needs some action, and he doesn't mind talking like a wum to get it too. This explains why he keeps OCDing on akingbola and ibru when this is clearly not about them. The only other possible reason for his words is way darker.

Thanks Jarus
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 19, 2013
segxes23: @jarus: consider some of us in your home state bro,maybe in Ilorin or Offa. We'l surely appreciate it
Home boy wink cheesy
I was in Kwara during Sallah two weeks ago and organized '"PIZZA EVENING WITH JARUS" on Friday, August 9. If you followed my blog, you would have known.
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by oxygen25: 7:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
showietee:

NOT REALLY.... Am calling a spade a spade....

Blames should be apportion to the right channel.

It won't be approprate to judge the general by a particular.... (to have a deductive conclusion based on inductive test.)

E go better for you jare
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 19, 2013
jydux: Pdude is living a bland life in Nowhere,USA. He is bored out of his wits and desperately needs some action, and he doesn't mind talking like a wum to get it too. This explains why he keeps OCDing on akingbola and ibru when this is clearly not about them. The only other possible reason for his words is way darker.

Thanks Jarus

Mu he he he he he he he he.

A bland life in USA? In USA nevertheless cheesy cheesy

As bland as my life is, I shower with hot water everyday, drive on smooth roads, electricity has never blinked since I arrived, I eat fresh foods everyday, I have forgottn what a mosquito bite feels like, I didn't see a housefly hovering over my meat or fish the last time I went to the store to make a purchase.

A bland life nevertheless.

On one of the threads here on nairaland, someone said he was told to buy dettol when his wife was about to give birth by the hospital staff. grin

When my daughter was born, I didn't even buy a single pin. They even gave me scrubs to enter the delivery room in one of the best hospitals in California. Thanks to Health Insurance.

A bland life indeedy cheesy

I am about to hit the roads and do some shopping for fresh foods, thanks to my salary that was paid on Friday, right on time.

A bland life I'm really living grin

Enjoy your Dettol and mosquito lifestyles in Nigeria. Let me live my bland lifestyle in this slavery country of USA.

1 Like

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by segxes23(m): 7:09pm On Aug 19, 2013
Jarus:
Home boy wink cheesy
I was in Kwara during Sallah two weeks ago and organized '"PIZZA EVENING WITH JARUS" on Friday, August 9. If you followed my blog, you would have known.
Jarus:
Home boy wink cheesy
oh! Was offline during that period buh anyway there'll always be a next time. May Allah grant you success
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 19, 2013
segxes23: oh! Was offline during that period buh anyway there'll always be a next time. May Allah grant you success
Amin. Thanks
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by showietee: 7:25pm On Aug 19, 2013
oxygen25:
E go better for you jare

Same to you.
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by DisGuy: 8:02pm On Aug 19, 2013
pDude:

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by arent88(m): 8:30pm On Aug 19, 2013
Mr jurus i admire ur efforts.keep it up
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by PapaBrowne(m): 8:32pm On Aug 19, 2013
pDude:

Since they are dumbheads and you are a smarthead, why don't you lift the nation out of its financial abyss!!

You see posts like this and you start thinking Government should consider age restrictions for internet access.
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by PapaBrowne(m): 8:36pm On Aug 19, 2013
Oga Jarus, Excellente. Nice.

In your next edition, consider including Entrepreneurship. Methinks that's the career path majority of Nigerian graduate would eventually take considering the limited number of corporate jobs available in comparison to the swarm of graduates exiting universities yearly.

Once again. Kudos!!
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by oxygen25: 8:58pm On Aug 19, 2013
PapaBrowne: Oga Jarus, Excellente. Nice.

In your next edition, consider including Entrepreneurship. Methinks that's the career path majority of Nigerian graduate would eventually take considering the limited number of corporate jobs available in comparison to the swarm of graduates exiting universities yearly.

Once again. Kudos!!
Nah! That one is common jare.
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
PapaBrowne: Oga Jarus, Excellente. Nice.

Once again. Kudos!!

Thanks.

I'm more of a corporate person (jobs, interview, corporate career etc) and less of entrepreneurship-inclined, hence my and my blog's onbvious bias for the subject. But next edition will consider that by God's grace. Plan is to make it a thrice a year thing.

Thanks.

Footing this first edition from personal purse, but speaking to a couple of corporate sponsors for future editions. I have passion for things like this (which started from NL career section, later to personal blog, and now offline conference).

1 Like

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by CooldudeY2J: 9:06pm On Aug 19, 2013
This is y i luv nairaland. @ Jarus thumbs up

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Day In The Life Of A Tech Intern: What To Expect / 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work / Office Romance: Would you date your colleague?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.