Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work (8297 Views)

She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back / Plan Ahead To Upgrade Your Career In 2020 With The NEBOSH IGC / Suspended From Work Via Phone Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by Spazwik: 1:52pm On Jun 23, 2017
Been working 10 hours every day at the office lately? There is acute unemployment in Nigeria, we know, but a 70-hour work week? Being stressed at work can be a major cause of health problems, not to mention strained relationships and depression—even if you love your job.

Check out these reasons to take a break from work, and we totally give you our go-ahead.

Working for hours non-stop

When you work on a task for too long, you will become tired, no matter what will-power tells you. So, take a break, even for a moment, you may be even more behind with work piled up waiting for you, but your health will thank you.

Moreover, small breaks can help increase your productivity, decrease in fatigue, boost concentration, motivation, and energy in the workplace. No matter the duration, a time-out helps you press the reset button and be better prepared to move forward.

A hostile work environment

Rather than allowing arguments explode with anger, it’s better to take a breather. This basically means removing yourself from a deadlocked situation so you have time to cool off and gain clearer perspective. It’s a healthy way to manage your emotions before things get out of control.

So, before you and that colleague start butting heads, press pause on the debate and revisit it later. Spend some time aside to mull it over more, and then have a one-on-one with the other person.

Having trouble solving a problem

When you walk away from a problem and cease staring at your computer screen helplessly, the solution will magically appear. In other words, even a short interruption from what you’re doing helps wake up your creativity and generate new ideas. It allows you to replace the stale thoughts you’ve been trying to escape with fresh (and better) ones.

So, it’s time you tried a different environment and stop forcing yourself to think about problems when your mind would rather wander away.

more at http://www.dailydigest.ng/3-times-go-ahead-take-break-work/

1 Like

Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by senboy204(m): 3:37pm On Jun 23, 2017
Nice points, Well though of. Although I would have love to see maybe "for career development purpose" because there is no greater reason to leave your job than to add value to yourself because if you don't then your job will leave you behind in no time.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by Spazwik: 12:48pm On Jun 24, 2017
Nice addition
senboy204:
Nice points, Well though of. Although I would have love to see maybe "for career development purpose" because there is no greater reason to leave your job than to add value to yourself because if you don't then your job will leave you behind in no time.
Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by NwaAmaikpe: 7:19am On Jun 28, 2017
shocked

The best time to take a break from work is when your pay is being delayed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by bsideboii(m): 7:19am On Jun 28, 2017
Good points there...works for me.Especially taking a power nap or just Lying down and closing my eyes for 10mins and do nothing but breath.
Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by yemstok(m): 7:19am On Jun 28, 2017
Enough said

9 Likes

Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by dhope001(m): 7:20am On Jun 28, 2017

Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by blazetitov: 7:22am On Jun 28, 2017
.? what does that mean?

Nice point OP. I can relate perfectly.
Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by blazetitov: 7:23am On Jun 28, 2017
yemstok:
Enough said

Stark reality!
Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by obaival(m): 7:24am On Jun 28, 2017
dhope001:
U aqain
Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by Safiaa(f): 7:25am On Jun 28, 2017
Unfortunately at my workplace, you can only take a 30 min break at 12. So this can't happen everywhere. You have to follow the rules, you can't please yourself. That's just how it is, unless you want to work for yourself.
Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by horlerstane(f): 7:26am On Jun 28, 2017
Very important point, you can't stay on a spot for long if you really want to develop yourself, a
senboy204:
Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by dhope001(m): 7:29am On Jun 28, 2017
obaival:
U aqain

Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 28, 2017
This is soo talking to me. I need an extended break from work. Ironically I am the one who usually advice peeps to take it easy on themselves.
Life na one by one oooo

1 Like

Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by LordBaelish: 7:38am On Jun 28, 2017
Two times in the fp?
mods what the hell is happening?
Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by Kobicove(m): 8:20am On Jun 28, 2017
Very insightful piece smiley
Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 28, 2017
I' didn't read this trash
Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by jashar(f): 9:08am On Jun 28, 2017
hehehe....

Me I take a break everyday.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by mamawin(f): 10:42am On Jun 28, 2017
Iconoclaste:
This is soo talking to me. I need an extended break from work. Ironically I am the one who usually advice peeps to take it easy on themselves.
Life na one by one oooo
I feel the OP is talking to me, lol.
I just took a week off after sixteen months. and still work from home!
Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by jobbers: 11:35am On Jun 28, 2017
for real
Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by mrmakios092: 2:13pm On Jun 28, 2017
the best way to boost your account
Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 28, 2017
mamawin:
I just took a week off after sixteen months. and still work from home!
As in ehn, your own workaholic no be here.
I'm just soo attached to my job, maybe cos of the satisfaction it brings from touching lives. 2yrs in this new phase of the job and not taken no vacation.
Ironically I'm working for government, soo very odd.
Abeg enjoy ur hols madam, I don't envy you.

1 Like

Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by Spazwik: 10:10am On Jun 29, 2017
monitoring spirit grin grin
LordBaelish:
Two times in the fp?

mods what the hell is happening?
Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by Spazwik: 10:11am On Jun 29, 2017
lol.. take it easy dear, work is always there
mamawin:
I just took a week off after sixteen months. and still, work from home!

1 Like

Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by Spazwik: 10:12am On Jun 29, 2017
well my heartfelt thank you
Evaberry:
I' didn't read this trash
Re: 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work by mamawin(f): 11:44am On Jul 02, 2017
Iconoclaste:

As in ehn, your own workaholic no be here.
I'm just soo attached to my job, maybe cos of the satisfaction it brings from touching lives. 2yrs in this new phase of the job and not taken no vacation.
Ironically I'm working for government, soo very odd.
Abeg enjoy ur hols madam, I don't envy you.
Thanks dear, ces't la vie

(1) (Reply)

Can I Get An Mba Or Bsc With My Ican (aca) / Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. / Improve Your Career By Becoming A Better Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.