Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,452 members, 7,846,896 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:40 AM

Urgent Help Pls ,what Is Flash Card - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Urgent Help Pls ,what Is Flash Card (900 Views)

Please Help Me. ..my GIONEE P4 Got Hard Bricked, Pls What Next To Do? / Pls What Data Sub Is Best For Android Phones / Pls What Is The Meaning Of Airtel KYC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Pls ,what Is Flash Card by linapeace(f): 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2008
I sent my Gx25 Sharp i was using to my mom in Nigeria, she informed me that it has stop working cos she put the left over pure water she was drinking in her bag and the water touched the phone , so it stopped working.

where she took it for repair they asked her to bring the "flash card" so it will start functioning again, but i don't know or understand what they meant by[b]" flash card"[/b] cos i have never encountered such problem before.

Pls anyone who has gone thru such before should pls try and explain to me more better so they could solve the problem fastly.

thanks and waiting urgently for ur replies.
Re: Urgent Help Pls ,what Is Flash Card by DualCore1: 1:02pm On Jun 07, 2008
Ahh bro, neva heard of tht. Ur first paragraph is jst too much info, u coulda simply said d fone got in contact wit water. Dragnet could help out wit d flash card thingy.
Re: Urgent Help Pls ,what Is Flash Card by linapeace(f): 1:13pm On Jun 07, 2008
dual core what is dragnet
Re: Urgent Help Pls ,what Is Flash Card by Donseaun(m): 1:18pm On Jun 07, 2008
Dragnet? Its a software used to solve such problem
Re: Urgent Help Pls ,what Is Flash Card by linapeace(f): 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2008
so can she get it in Nigeria
Re: Urgent Help Pls ,what Is Flash Card by linapeace(f): 1:24pm On Jun 07, 2008
what does it look like ,and will the repairers understand what DRAGNET mean
Re: Urgent Help Pls ,what Is Flash Card by Donseaun(m): 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2008
Tel den u want NLAND DRAGNET, it has a g0at head shape lyk dis,its jst lyk a cow's horn, dnt worry,most engineers knw it.
Re: Urgent Help Pls ,what Is Flash Card by maxjax(m): 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2008
undecided undecided undecided angry
Re: Urgent Help Pls ,what Is Flash Card by linapeace(f): 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2008
Donseaun:

Tel den u want NLAND DRAGNET, it has a g0at head shape like this,its jst like a cow's horn, dnt worry,most engineers knw it.

thanks everyone,
Who should she tell? the engineers or the phone parts sellers, do you think she can get it in owerri
Re: Urgent Help Pls ,what Is Flash Card by BayoMaya(m): 1:55pm On Jun 07, 2008
brine:

hehehehehe
don't mess wit 'dragnet'

And does posting his name means ur messing with him? just calling on him,
"Dragnet" come forth!
I only heard of transflash (one memory card bullshait)
Re: Urgent Help Pls ,what Is Flash Card by linapeace(f): 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2008
pls am so confused of ur replies can transflash solve the problem, and where can she get it.
Re: Urgent Help Pls ,what Is Flash Card by BayoMaya(m): 3:42pm On Jun 07, 2008
linapeace:

please am so confused of your replies can transflash solve the problem, and where can she get it.

Didnt say it will work, only said i only seen that one,
and 4 u to get a good response, kind tell how the phone does, i mean if it comes on and and other ways it behaves
Re: Urgent Help Pls ,what Is Flash Card by DualCore1: 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2008
Donseuan and d rest seriously, u guyz shld kno wen to be serious and wen to joke. Silly crackheads. Poster dragnet is a nairaland user who has a good knowledge about fones nd sturvs.
Re: Urgent Help Pls ,what Is Flash Card by DualCore1: 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2008
Donseuan and d rest seriously, u guyz shld kno wen to be serious and wen to joke. Silly crackheads. Poster dragnet is a nairaland user who has a good knowledge about fones nd sturvs.
Re: Urgent Help Pls ,what Is Flash Card by tobs(m): 7:24pm On Jun 07, 2008
linapeace:

dual core what is dragnet
. . .well . . .dragnet is a guy here in nairaland . . .he will soon be here or contact him on dragnet5050@gmail.com . . .
Re: Urgent Help Pls ,what Is Flash Card by NegroNtns(m): 11:42pm On Jun 07, 2008
@poster

The person requesting the flash card did not elaborate on why he wanted the card. If he did you would have understood why he needed it. But that's typical.

Flash card is a removable storage media and they come in different memory sizes , like 1G, 4G, and so on. Functionally it does same thing that a floppy disc, or CD/DVD will do; i.e. take data file from one hardware and transfer it to another media hardware. You put flash card in a usb port. You find what you want to save and upload it into the card. You remove the card and take it with you until you need the info in it, then you plug it a usb port and again and download.

The guy _repair guy_ needed it to remove the info on the phone for safe keeping so that if the phone was damaged and irecoverable, at least the data is saved and can be transferred to a new phone. The problem is, flash cards do not fit into phone devices. So i dont know where on the phone he would have plugged it. Like I said, more info is needed for what he needed flash card for.
Re: Urgent Help Pls ,what Is Flash Card by sisqology(m): 12:16am On Jun 08, 2008
Mogbe o,
Re: Urgent Help Pls ,what Is Flash Card by dragnet: 6:16pm On Jun 08, 2008
linapeace, there's no tangible correlati0n between a flash card & the c0nditi0n of that ph0ne. . .may just be a dubious strategy by d tech . . . . . .d0nt stress urself abt it. . .if in any case d ph0ne needs to be flashed(which I doubt), data on it can be backd up during d process witout d need of "flash whateva"

Dual Core, Donseaun just gave a hint to a possible ware project witout kn0wing grin . . Just imagine, a software that gives instant & vari0us solutns to ph0ne problems wit just a click grin . . . . I'm n0t dat interestd in software stufs. .bt maybe dats when I get my programn skils togeda. . .u tink u culd gv me a tutorial?*ans needed*

Bayo, brine hasnt got his co-ordinates right yet. . .he's stil parambulatn so dnt be hard on him wink

(1) (Reply)

How To I Activate My Blaclberry With My Mtn Line Without Paying Much Every Month / Hi, / Best Option Between 20-30k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.