Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,393 members, 7,839,733 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

25-year-old Pours Hot Oil On Lover For Refusing To Marry Her - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25-year-old Pours Hot Oil On Lover For Refusing To Marry Her (606 Views)

Nigerian Student In UK Jailed 9 Years For Using Hot Iron On Lover During Sex / Photo: Oritsejafor, The Machine Gun Pastor Pours Libation To Prevent Accident / Army Detains Policemen Without Food For Refusing To Wear Military Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

25-year-old Pours Hot Oil On Lover For Refusing To Marry Her by tjfulloption(m): 9:30am On Aug 20, 2013
A 25-year-old woman, Victoria Alonge, has been sentenced
to one-year in jail for pouring hot oil on her boyfriend,
Roland Nna, over his refusal to marry her.
Senior Magistrate, Omolola Akindele, summarily
sentenced Alonge without an option of fine after the
convict admitted, yesterday, to committing the offence at a
Karu Senior Magistrates’ court.
Alonge was arraigned by the police on a one-count charge
of causing grievous hurt on Nna, her boyfriend, who lives
in Kurudu, Abuja.
The Police Prosecutor, Corporal Paschal Njoku, had
earlier told the court that Nna reported the incident at
Kurudu Police Station on August 11.
Njoku said Alonge went to Nna’s house at about 4:30 a.m.
on the fateful day and poured hot oil on him while he was
asleep, resulting in grievous hurt to his body.
He said she was immediately arrested by the police, based
on the report and confession to committing the crime
before the police. But while in detention, Alonge
threatened to inflict more harm on the victim.
The prosecutor urged the court to summarily punish the
accused since she did not deny the charge brought against
her.
In her defence, Alonge told the court that her estranged
lover dated her for over four yearmised to marry
her, only for him to change his mind after falling in love
with another woman in Abuja.
“I did that to teach him a bitter lesson because he refused
to marry me after dating me for over four years.
“He fooled me and my parents and ditched me after
finding a new lover here in Abuja. I live in Lagos with my
parents,” she said.
Re: 25-year-old Pours Hot Oil On Lover For Refusing To Marry Her by JohnFrankling(m): 9:36am On Aug 20, 2013
desperation
Re: 25-year-old Pours Hot Oil On Lover For Refusing To Marry Her by donpetros: 9:42am On Aug 20, 2013
This is foolishness. The lady should have just moved on with her life and wait for another man. Now she would waste a part of her life in prison while the man will recover and marry someone else.
Re: 25-year-old Pours Hot Oil On Lover For Refusing To Marry Her by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 20, 2013
Why did i see an option of fine She should just serve the one year jail term. See the kind person a man should call wife...

I pity the man who eventually marries such a woman.

Come to talk of jilting, many girls will chop your money for 2years, when you propose they tell you they never loved you. ''I just saw you as a friend''.

(1) (Reply)

Public Holiday Declared Today In Osun State / Obama Killed Osama And Won Second Term, Gej Killed Shekau So What Next? / NANS Threaten To Shut Private Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.