Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Don’t Provoke Your Angel With Wrong Words - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don’t Provoke Your Angel With Wrong Words (1395 Views)

Are You Chasing Away Your Angel Of Blessing? / Are You Chasing Away Your Angel Of Blessing? / False Prophet: Uebert Angel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Provoke Your Angel With Wrong Words by sidespin: 9:38am On Aug 20, 2013
DON’T PROVOKE YOUR ANGEL WITH WRONG WORDS

In the first chapter of Luke we find another account of an angel being provoked. And there appeared unto him (Zacharias) an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense. And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him. But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard, and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John. And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth. For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb. Luke 1:11-15

Zacharias and his wife, Elizabeth, had prayed for a son for years. Then God sent His angel to tell them their prayer was heard and would be answered. God gave this message for Zacharias: "Rejoice because your prayer is heard and your wife is going to bear a child!" Yet Zacharias didn't believe. Notice how Zacharias responded to this good news: And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years (v. 18).

In other words Zacharias was saying, "How do I know you're telling me the truth? How can I be sure you're not lying to me?"
And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stands in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings. And, behold, thou shalt be dumb, and not be able to speak, until the day that these things shall be performed, because thou believest not my words, which shall be fulfilled in their season (v. 19,20).

Zacharias had provoked an angel-not just any angel, but Gabriel, the Angel of the Lord!

I am convinced that angels are assigned to see that the prophecies given in the Word of God come to pass. Psalm 103 says the angels excel in strength and do His commandments. Angels do not have the right to choose their own words. They must speak what God tells them to speak. When the Word of the Lord came to Gabriel concerning Zacharias, he was quick to relay the good news. But Zacharias, in a mild form, provoked Gabriel with his unbelieving words. Gabriel knew unless he could stop Zacharias from speaking doubt and unbelief, it would not come to pass. So Zacharias was struck dumb for nine months. The angel knew the power that a man's words carry, so he acted in order to prevent Zacharias' words of doubt from interfering with God's plan.

It would be better for some businessmen if they were struck dumb for three or four weeks while they are working on an important business deal. A few wrong words of unbelief can destroy what their angel has been putting together for months!
The words you speak are important. As someone so aptly stated, Samson took the jawbone of a donkey and slew a thousand men —there have been ten thousand business deals killed with the same weapon! Anytime you speak out of line with God's Word, you're subject to provoking an angel. Jesus said you are going to be justified or condemned by your words. That doesn't mean you will be sent to hell because of your words, but you can lose your eternal rewards because of them. Your words set the cornerstones of your life. In some instances those words are the very thing that assign the angels their job. Watch your words! They're powerful! ( Charles Capps)

(1) (Reply)

Prophecy For Jayceon Terrell Taylor Aka Rapper The Game / A Thread For Rccg Holy Ghost Congress::: The Overflow / BLW Theme 2014 - My Year Of Greatness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.