Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Washing The Fuel Tank. Is It Necessary? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Washing The Fuel Tank. Is It Necessary? (1065 Views)

Why Does Fuel Last Longer When Your Tank Is Full? / Engine On High Idle After Washing The Engine Bay / How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Washing The Fuel Tank. Is It Necessary? by pannyman(m): 11:37am On Aug 20, 2013
When does it become necessary to wash the fuel tank of a car? I ask this because I know that the fuel we buy does contain some dirt. I have noticed some of this when emptying a jerry-can of petrol into my generator.

I have used my car for more than four years now, so I keep wondering whether there is already a sediment of dirt in my tank that I need to get rid of.
Re: Washing The Fuel Tank. Is It Necessary? by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
Thats the reason the fuel pump has a filter and also the filter to the lines to the fuel rail
Re: Washing The Fuel Tank. Is It Necessary? by MightyThor(m): 12:51pm On Aug 20, 2013
The only time i'll recommend "washing" ( i assume you mean emptying the whole content of the tank ) is when you buy adulterated fuel, there was a time in Port Hacourt, Woji to be precise, where after a rainstorm, water got into the underground fuel tank of a petrol station and they sold the fuel-water mix to unsuspecting motorist. come and see commotion! At least 10 cars were ground after buying the fuel, till it dawned on us that the fuel was the culprit and the angry motorist nearly lynched the station manager, especially after he refuse to accept responsibility for the damages, if not for some policemen station nearby. That episode cost me a fuel pump to put my ride in order.

So for me if your fuel is okay, i don't see any reason to "wash" your tank.
Re: Washing The Fuel Tank. Is It Necessary? by cardoctor(m): 1:31am On Aug 21, 2013
Only wash it when you feel its dirty.

(1) (Reply)

Please Can One Get Toks Toyota Corolla 2003 For 1.2m? / How Much Is MDX 2003 Suspension / Check Out The Amazing Speed Difference Between A GT And A F1 Racing Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.