Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Is Afropop Now A Hot Cake In The WORLD? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Afropop Now A Hot Cake In The WORLD? (504 Views)

Dear Artiste, Afropop Is Not A Genre (A Must Read) / A Nairalander Drops A Hot Hip Hop Song / Top 5 Nigerian Afropop/urban Albums In The Last 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Afropop Now A Hot Cake In The WORLD? by OmoUSH(m): 11:50am On Aug 20, 2013
Well, it seems as if any little damn recognition Africans get they always have the habit of making a mountain out of it. I began to wonder that if Psy's Gangnam Style happens to come out of Africa, what would have happen? Gangnam style was even danced by number 1 world personality, Barack Obama and many outstanding world figures such as Banki Moon, David Cameron and others. Even our own OBJ was pictured dancing the style. Gangnam style broke many cultural and music records. It beat out Beiber's utube record and held multiple Guiness Records. Now, though they see it as a landmark in their entertainment history, yet didn't put it on their heads. Infact, Psy became so humble. But if it was Africa that came out from, i wonder what would have happened. Hm. Maybe the whole of the continent must have been erupted from braggings and boastings!
Just cos Afropop and azonto are getting a little attraction from few places in UK, u need to see how our people are now running mad. They consider those little places in UK that Afro and Azonto are noticed as the whole world. These things gat little or no notice at all except here in their home towns. Cos D banj was the first artist in African musical history to be viewed 20million times, u nid to c how the dude has been boasting all about in Naija. Recently he brought 2Chainz from America. Be4 Chainz came, he was shouting all about in interviews: I AM BRINGING 2 CHAINZ FROM AMERICA. The show was a total mess. Anyway, Chainz still gat his full enormous pay to his ruin. The whole point is, Africa continent wil never grow cos of the slavic mentality still running in their veins. SHAME! What wil now be the order of the day in the continent, if any African music EVER make a chart on the Billboard hot 100 songs? Hmmmm. Your guess is as good as mine.
Re: Is Afropop Now A Hot Cake In The WORLD? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2013
Different people deal with different things differently, it has nothing to do with him being from Africa. It's an accomplishment, let's call a spade a spade, so if he wants to boast allow him
Re: Is Afropop Now A Hot Cake In The WORLD? by Ziggyzito(m): 11:26pm On Aug 22, 2013
OmoUSH: Well, it seems as if any little damn recognition Africans get they always have the habit of making a mountain out of it. I began to wonder that if Psy's Gangnam Style happens to come out of Africa, what would have happen? Gangnam style was even danced by number 1 world personality, Barack Obama and many outstanding world figures such as Banki Moon, David Cameron and others. Even our own OBJ was pictured dancing the style. Gangnam style broke many cultural and music records. It beat out Beiber's utube record and held multiple Guiness Records. Now, though they see it as a landmark in their entertainment history, yet didn't put it on their heads. Infact, Psy became so humble. But if it was Africa that came out from, i wonder what would have happened. Hm. Maybe the whole of the continent must have been erupted from braggings and boastings!
Just cos Afropop and azonto are getting a little attraction from few places in UK, u need to see how our people are now running mad. They consider those little places in UK that Afro and Azonto are noticed as the whole world. These things gat little or no notice at all except here in their home towns. Cos D banj was the first artist in African musical history to be viewed 20million times, u nid to c how the dude has been boasting all about in Naija. Recently he brought 2Chainz from America. Be4 Chainz came, he was shouting all about in interviews: I AM BRINGING 2 CHAINZ FROM AMERICA. The show was a total mess. Anyway, Chainz still gat his full enormous pay to his ruin. The whole point is, Africa continent wil never grow cos of the slavic mentality still running in their veins. SHAME! What wil now be the order of the day in the continent, if any African music EVER make a chart on the Billboard hot 100 songs? Hmmmm. Your guess is as good as mine.
sorry, but you sound un-exposed and timid.
Re: Is Afropop Now A Hot Cake In The WORLD? by OmoUSH(m): 2:00pm On Aug 23, 2013
Ziggyzito: sorry, but you sound un-exposed and timid.
Every one knows u must be in ur mid teen.

(1) (Reply)

Naija Babe Shakes Something To Flavor's New Video - Shake Shake. / E9 MUSIC Seyi Shay – Chairman F. Kcee / Re. Lilheroinelyriczworld@killdbeat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.