Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Obama Is Not Being Honest - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Is Not Being Honest (1242 Views)

Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Is Not Being Honest by somalian: 8:21pm On Jun 07, 2008
"Any agreement with the Palestinian people must preserve Israel's identity as a Jewish state, with secure, recognised, defensible borders. And Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel and must remain undivided," he said to rapturous clapping and cheering." - OBAMA

President Abbas's response to Obama:

"This statement is totally rejected," Abbas told reporters in the West Bank administrative centre of Ramallah.

"The whole world knows that East Jerusalem, holy Jerusalem, was occupied in 1967 and we will not accept a Palestinian state without having Jerusalem as the capital of a Palestinian state."

To be honest guys even GW Bush didn't go that far.

Obama has taken a very right wing position that even some Israelis oppose. Read this article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-zog , 05272.html

Or may be politicians will say anything for a vote.
Re: Obama Is Not Being Honest by 4Him1(m): 8:37pm On Jun 07, 2008
Obama has simply said the truth that more "politically correct" leaders have shied away from saying.
Lets ask Abass some honest questions here:

- he says "holy" jerusalem was captured in 1967 . . . from who? His Palestinian Authority government or the Jordanian government?
- Why has Abass so quickly forgotten that this same East Jerusalem (now fraudulently known as the west bank) was captured by the Jordanians in 1948 from Israel?
- Mr Abass, when was Jerusalem "holy" to you and why?
- For 19 years East Jerusalem was under Jordanian control . . . where were you and your acolytes mr Abass?

Somalia please your link seems to be broken. I'm interested in reading the article.
Re: Obama Is Not Being Honest by DisGuy: 8:57pm On Jun 07, 2008
that speech to me was a forced speech seems like he had some people to re-assure, if you notice the delivery wasnt the usual obama, he sounded unconvincing to me like he was doing it for the votes- abi isreali dey vote for usa elections?
Re: Obama Is Not Being Honest by 4Him1(m): 9:11pm On Jun 07, 2008
Israel is one of the most important cornerstones of US foreign policy . . .

I dont understand what you mean by forced speech.
Re: Obama Is Not Being Honest by panafrican(m): 9:21pm On Jun 07, 2008
Somalian, Israel was created by Western superpowers, somewhere in the middle of arab nations. The West knows very well why  Israell has to survive. Obama has no choice. For example, you cannot run for president in the  USA and in the meantime complain that this country has too many nuclear weapons  grin
Re: Obama Is Not Being Honest by 4Him1(m): 9:23pm On Jun 07, 2008
panafrican:

Somalian, Israel has been created by Western superpowers, somewhere in the middle of arab nations.

that is arab propaganda that has been proven over time to be false. Israel as a nation has a well documented history spanning at least the last 1000yrs. On the other hand there has NEVER been a palestinian arab nation and YET you still peddle it around.

panafrican:

The West knows very well why Israell has to survive. Obama has no choice. For example, you cannot run for president in the USA and in the meantime complain that this country has too many nuclear weapons grin

Israel has to survive because like every other nation, its citizens have a right to life.
Re: Obama Is Not Being Honest by DisGuy: 9:26pm On Jun 07, 2008
so Isreal is like America's watchman in the middle east,

I just realised it was an Isreali event no wonder.I changed the station twice wondering why he was talking so much about isreal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1UTuYyACSA&feature=user
Re: Obama Is Not Being Honest by 4Him1(m): 9:29pm On Jun 07, 2008
Dis Guy:

so Isreal is like America's watchman in the middle east,

again another piece of propaganda founded on baseless allegations. Its the same as those who cry that the jews control America's economy.

Israel gained her independence in 1948 without America's help. She fought the wars of 1948 and 1967 largely with French weapons . . . how did they suddenly become America's watch dog?
America supports Egypt with massive amounts of aid, are they also watch dogs of America?
Re: Obama Is Not Being Honest by classymum: 9:32pm On Jun 07, 2008
obama has so many children in nigeria. :p
Re: Obama Is Not Being Honest by TCUBE(m): 11:28am On Jun 08, 2008
somalian is a republican,
Re: Obama Is Not Being Honest by somalian: 5:05pm On Jun 09, 2008
The whole world knows that is Israel captured East Jeruslem in 1967 war, how ever if the West and Israel wants peace in the Middel East shouldn’t Israel return East Jeruselam to the plestinians, I think its the only way to peace. Sixty yearas have past and its still going on.
Re: Obama Is Not Being Honest by kayowalemi(m): 5:54pm On Jun 09, 2008
Go and check the number of congressmen, who are Jewish origin in both lower and upper chamber of the US house and then You will inderstand y he said it. He has to win their heart
Re: Obama Is Not Being Honest by 4Him1(m): 7:02pm On Jun 09, 2008
somalian:

The whole world knows that is Israel captured East Jeruslem in 1967 war

The whole world also knows the part you're fraudulently refusing to tell us. That there was nothing like East Jerusalem (it was called the old Jewish quarter then) until 1948 when Jordan illegally annexed it and expelled every single jew.
The whole world also knows that Israel re-captured East Jerusalem in 1967 from . . . wait for it! Jordan and not "palestinians"!!

somalian:

how ever if the West and Israel wants peace in the Middel East shouldn’t Israel return East Jeruselam to the plestinians

- The palestinians never owned it in the first place.
- Israel captured it from Jordan not the palestinians . . . who funny enough NEVER asked for it when it was Jordan's for 19 solid yrs.
- The palestinians dont want peace, they are simply a pawn being used by the arab league, they wont stop crying until they have the whole land of Israel not just east jerusalem.

somalian:

I think its the only way to peace. Sixty yearas have past and its still going on.

No, Israel gave up Gaza . . . look how much peace that brought.
Re: Obama Is Not Being Honest by 4Play(m): 7:40pm On Jun 09, 2008
Obama used the occasion of the AIPAC speech to engage in shameless flip-flopping.

For someone who condemned the Kyl-Lieberman Amendment to classify the Iranian National Guard as a terrorist organisation,he is now singing a new tune to pander for votes.
Re: Obama Is Not Being Honest by rotimy(m): 6:28pm On Jun 10, 2008
Creating a PALASTINE State with Jerusalem as the capital is like Nigeria allowing Cameroun to have a Bakassi State with Lagos as capital. Obama is being very realistic. The Jews will rather commit mass national sucide than allowing the Arabs to use the holy city of David as their capital.
Re: Obama Is Not Being Honest by RichyBlacK(m): 8:02am On Jun 11, 2008
4 Play:

Obama used the occasion of the AIPAC speech to engage in shameless flip-flopping.

For someone who condemned the Kyl-Lieberman Amendment to classify the Iranian National Guard as a terrorist organisation,he is now singing a new tune to pander for votes.

YES! I agree with you on that. Obama's speech was disappointing, to say the least. Pandering for the votes of Zionists is a pathetic strategy, and contrary to everything Obama stands for. Thankfully, he has backtracked from that very careless "undivided" Jerusalem speech - http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSN0547673120080605.

The days of Zionists unduly influencing the White House are numbered. The able Jimmy Carter, a true voice of reason and a champion of equity and justice, is one of those people Obama listens to, and hopefully will help curb the undue influence of Zionists on US foreign policy. Also, Obama has promised not to collect money from PACs (political action committees), including the pro-apartheid AIPAC. This singular promise, if seen through, will definitely undermine the influence, real or imagined, of the most hate-filled, bigoted, racists, pro-apartheid, pro-genocide and just-plain-evil lobby group America has ever seen - the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC).
Re: Obama Is Not Being Honest by EXPONENT(m): 7:21pm On Jun 11, 2008
do you people know how much money the OUTSIDE Isreali's have?

It would astonish you.

In reality they control the U.S. Government's FEDERAL RESERVE.

Wake up people. Do some research, instead of expousing emotion.

Hopefully, Obama can do SOMETHING about the palestanians.
Re: Obama Is Not Being Honest by 4Play(m): 11:07pm On Jun 12, 2008
The Libyan leader, Muammar Gadafy, has reinforced his reputation for plain and provocative speaking by suggesting that Barack Obama is a black man with an "inferiority complex" and might behave "worse than whites" if he becomes president of the United States.

Gadafy's striking non-endorsement of the Democratic candidate focused in part on Obama's pledge of "unshakeable" support for Israel, which caused dismay, if not surprise, across the Arab and Great One worlds last week.

"Obama's announcement that a unified Jerusalem should be the eternal capital of Israel and that he will support it with $30bn during the next 10 years has disappointed our hopes and that of the Africans," Gadafy said in a speech marking the evacuation of the last US air base in Libya shortly after he seized power in a coup in 1969.

"The statements of our Kenyan brother of American nationality Obama on Jerusalem , show that he either ignores international politics and did not study the Middle East conflict or that it is a campaign lie."

Obama should promise to give Africa the money Washington allocates to Israel to "build a dam on the Congo river to supply the whole African continent with power", he said.

"We fear that Obama will feel that, because he is black with an inferiority complex, this will make him behave worse than the whites … This will be a tragedy," Gadafy said. "We tell him to be proud of himself as a black and feel that all Africa is behind him."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jun/12/gadafy.obama

Obama has been variously endorsed by a myriad of tin-pot dictators so Qaddafi should calm down.
Re: Obama Is Not Being Honest by 4Him1(m): 11:11pm On Jun 12, 2008
Gadfly is an idiot.

RichyBlacK:

This singular promise, if seen through, will definitely undermine the influence, real or imagined, of the most hate-filled, bigoted, racists, pro-apartheid, pro-genocide and just-plain-evil lobby group America has ever seen - the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC).

For bigoted racists, the jews must be commended for having a 20% arab population and one of the few arab nations who welcome black immigrants. Your comments sometimes move from the realm of sanity to plain anti-semitic hysteria.
Re: Obama Is Not Being Honest by RichyBlacK(m): 2:11am On Jun 13, 2008
4 Him:

Gadfly is an idiot.

For bigoted racists, the jews must be commended for having a 20% arab population and one of the few arab nations who welcome black immigrants. Your comments sometimes move from the realm of sanity to plain anti-semitic hysteria.

I'm not anti-Semitic, I'm firmly anti-Zionism! I am not against Jews, but I'm against the sadistic occupation of Palestinian territories by the state of Israel. Israel is just another nation, as far as I'm concerned, and I have no special regard for her, positive or negative. Just as I condemned apartheid South Africa, so shall I continue to condemn the apartheid policies of the state of Israel. AIPAC does not speak for all Jews! AIPAC is simply a Zionist lobby group, lobbying for American support for the evils (war crimes including genocide, illegal arrests and abductions, assassinations, etc.) perpetrated by one of the most dangerous outfits in the world, the Israeli government.

No Jew with a conscience, human compassion, a desire for peace for all of mankind, a sense of justice, equity and fair play, will ever align him/herself with blood-thirsty groups like the AIPAC.

(1) (Reply)

Israel Launches Ofek 9 Spy Satellite / The U.S President, Barak Obama Caught By Spider Man's Web / Meet The Military's New $1 Billion Electronic Jammer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.