Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! (14345 Views)

New TV Deal Brings Free Premier League Games To 50 African Countries / Kano Pillars Wins Nigeria League (NPFL) For The Third Successive Time. / Nigeria League Result Now On Livescore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by searay(m): 8:54am On Aug 21, 2013
Mod pls update the front page. Thx
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 21, 2013
What's my OWN ?!! undecided
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by obicaleb: 8:59am On Aug 21, 2013
PLEASE I WANT TO POST AN IMPORTANT NEWS, HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT.EMAIL ADDRESS
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Emmysteve(m): 8:59am On Aug 21, 2013
solomon111: This scandal happened in the armateur league and the teams have been suspended for 4 years while the players have been banned for life.
Btw,there were reports of match fixing in the italian league some time ago and recently in the brazilian league.
I am definitely sure you still watch atleast one of those leagues.
Why u dey answer those ignoramus who knows nothing about our league? Proudly TEAM KADUNA UNITED
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by obicaleb: 9:04am On Aug 21, 2013
PLEASE I WANT TO POST AN IMPORTANT NEWS, HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT.EMAIL ADDRESS
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Okijajuju: 9:06am On Aug 21, 2013
[b]The Nigerian Premier League has so much money in it, but very little to show for it. While we are celebrating 34million Dollars, lets also not forget that GLO gave the league 12 Million U$D to be Title Sponsors o. So that brings the money to 46 million U$D. This does not include the other smaller sponsors o, like Guiness and co. All this money and yet;

- They cant pump life into the League. How hard is it for them to make the League Prize Money 150,000,000 Naira? With a club promised that kind of money for winning the league, the mentality of the Clubs will change. All this thing of Kano Pillars have never lost on home soil in 100 years and stuff like that will disappear.. Every Club eye go tear. And this will trickle down to both the division 2 and division 3 level, because everybody would aspire towards 150,000,000 Naira.

- They cant even properly merchandise the League: Get proper international sponsors like Addidas, Nike, Umbro, Puma and co to enter the league. Lets start seeing innovative Jerseys. 1 Jersey per match. Club Sponsor adverts creatively written om the shirts. Every Season, a new Jersey design. stuffs like that. Then make these jerseys available to the public. Make em stylish as well.

Even the Clubs are Lazy. How About they seek local Sponsors. Boost their local support and followership. Do charity work. Let the club be seen more. Let their presence in the city be felt. Have stylish looking club buses. If they cant afford it, I'm sure local guys are ready to sponsor. I'm sure F.G Onyewe or Ekene will not hesistate to coat an entire Marcopolo bus in Enyimba colors and become the official transporter of the team. Its sell Ekene, Ekene sells that club.

What of the Players. I will never forget flying back from Acrra Ghana with Enyimba players. I was so angry. The plane felt like a Molue bus. Why the Club couldnt get their player to wear proper suits with the club emblem on the Jacket pocket, and the club colours as their ties, is still a wonder. Groom well Disciplined players that must dress well, speak well, behave well, both on and off the pitch. Basically encourage ethier players to make themselves into a commodity. Icons, legends. People that others can aspire to be. Abi them no dey see all them EPL players how them be? Even our local Nigerians sef dey compose when them reach their.

THEN KILL OFF THE CORRUPTION IN THE LEAGUE!! FROM MANAGEMENT TO REFS TO CLUBS..

The EPL that we see today was as a result of serious brain storming that led to the re-branding of the league. Today, it is argued the the EPL has the highest followership in sports. Rivalling the NBA, NFL, Baseball and co.

Nigerians can actually start going to stadiums around the country every staurday to see matches. But if they continue with this their rubbish that they are doing now, then na EPL get boys..

All this money na for the Ogas at the Top.. [/b]

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by juvewalex(m): 9:06am On Aug 21, 2013
If only lik 10 top clubs fit buid modern stadium wt gud facilities wt no track n field den I believe we go strt to dey watch live NPL matches even go to d stadium wt our tickets n all dat....
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Btruth: 9:12am On Aug 21, 2013
HolyTruth:
You don't even believe in your name " Omenuko"..so why will I even bother. The earlier you delete the slave mentality from your brain the better for you.

What is the meaning? "Omenuko"
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by ladenz(m): 9:27am On Aug 21, 2013
solomon111: Going by the comments here,it's obvious many people don't even watch the league or know about the huge progress the league has made since the advent of the LMCs.
Is this not the same league that gave us the bulk of our AFCON winning team.?

I agree that the league has made progress but i think that saying that it gave us the bulk of the AFCON team is a bit of an exaggeration
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Christmasdon(m): 9:30am On Aug 21, 2013
...watching nigeria league makes me feel dry. Watch and you will see dry grass every where compared to Epl or other European matches the grasses looks succulent and feels cool. Moreover what is my darling heartland fc team doing everyday their losing match huh! They will be relegated if possible care is n0t taking.
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Christmasdon(m): 9:44am On Aug 21, 2013
...if they want our league to grow. They should simply print our nigerian clubs on paper Coupon and start playing pool with it. I bet you within a year it will grow like heaven. Epl became what it is today because we play the pool with it.
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by solomon111(m): 9:46am On Aug 21, 2013
ladenz:

I agree that the league has made progress but i think that saying that it gave us the bulk of the AFCON team is a bit of an exaggeration
19 players out of 21 in our AFCON team were based in the Nigerian league.
How is it an exaggeration?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by anonimi: 9:48am On Aug 21, 2013
This is another sign that slowly but steadily Nigeria is being freed from the decades of military DICTATORSHIP rule by clueless coupists.
Let the LIBERATION of our socio-economic system continue as each one of us takes position to benefit personally and collectively from the increasing opportunities for good business and rewarding hard work instead of the days of simply sharing the proverbial national cake aka Niger Delta oil revenue every month.

Forward Ever!
Backward Never!!
NEVER AGAIN!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by solomon111(m): 9:51am On Aug 21, 2013
Okija juju: [b]The Nigerian Premier League has so much money in it, but very little to show for it. While we are celebrating 34million Dollars, lets also not forget that GLO gave the league 12 Million U$D to be Title Sponsors o. So that brings the money to 46 million U$D. This does not include the other smaller sponsors o, like Guiness and co. All this money and yet;

- They cant pump life into the League. How hard is it for them to make the League Prize Money 150,000,000 Naira? With a club promised that kind of money for winning the league, the mentality of the Clubs will change. All this thing of Kano Pillars have never lost on home soil in 100 years and stuff like that will disappear.. Every Club eye go tear. And this will trickle down to both the division 2 and division 3 level, because everybody would aspire towards 150,000,000 Naira.

- They cant even properly merchandise the League: Get proper international sponsors like Addidas, Nike, Umbro, Puma and co to enter the league. Lets start seeing innovative Jerseys. 1 Jersey per match. Club Sponsor adverts creatively written om the shirts. Every Season, a new Jersey design. stuffs like that. Then make these jerseys available to the public. Make em stylish as well.

Even the Clubs are Lazy. How About they seek local Sponsors. Boost their local support and followership. Do charity work. Let the club be seen more. Let their presence in the city be felt. Have stylish looking club buses. If they cant afford it, I'm sure local guys are ready to sponsor. I'm sure F.G Onyewe or Ekene will not hesistate to coat an entire Marcopolo bus in Enyimba colors and become the official transporter of the team. Its sell Ekene, Ekene sells that club.

What of the Players. I will never forget flying back from Acrra Ghana with Enyimba players. I was so angry. The plane felt like a Molue bus. Why the Club couldnt get their player to wear proper suits with the club emblem on the Jacket pocket, and the club colours as their ties, is still a wonder. Groom well Disciplined players that must dress well, speak well, behave well, both on and off the pitch. Basically encourage ethier players to make themselves into a commodity. Icons, legends. People that others can aspire to be. Abi them no dey see all them EPL players how them be? Even our local Nigerians sef dey compose when them reach their.

THEN KILL OFF THE CORRUPTION IN THE LEAGUE!! FROM MANAGEMENT TO REFS TO CLUBS..

The EPL that we see today was as a result of serious brain storming that led to the re-branding of the league. Today, it is argued the the EPL has the highest followership in sports. Rivalling the NBA, NFL, Baseball and co.

Nigerians can actually start going to stadiums around the country every staurday to see matches. But if they continue with this their rubbish that they are doing now, then na EPL get boys..

All this money na for the Ogas at the Top.. [/b]
Valid points.
Though if you were familiar with the league,you will find out that most of those points are currently being tackled by the newly created league management company(LMC).
Infact,it is due to the recent success of the LMC,that we got this lucrative deal.
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Eifeh(m): 9:51am On Aug 21, 2013
solomon111: shut up.
You don't know about the league neither do you watch it.
Stop making ignorant statements.
help me tell them that kwara utd has won 5 away match but 3sc is the only term that refuse to win away and lost to heartland by 2 0 at home
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by anonimi: 10:05am On Aug 21, 2013
Christmasdon: ...if they want our league to grow. They should simply print our nigerian clubs on paper Coupon and start playing pool with it. I bet you within a year it will grow like heaven. Epl became what it is today because we play the pool with it.

The league needs to be taken off the hands of government enitrely. A situation where majortity of the clubs are owned by governments (mostly state) does not augur well for the development of its full potential. The usual mentality of everybody's business is nobody's business sets in.
I believe the English Premier League clubs as well as others in Europe and America are run as private, profit-oriented businesses.
Even in South Africa:

The company acts as a governing body and competition organiser. The PSL are affiliated to the South African Football Association but SAFA do not govern the PSL competitions.

Licenses to participate in the league can be bought and sold on the free market.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_Soccer_League

Sports is a business like any other and governments have no business doing business.
The work of government is to

* provide a conducive environment for business
* regulate the businesses in the interest of the people
* collect taxes from the business for social services and infrastructure to improve the business operating environment even further.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by theanonymous: 10:15am On Aug 21, 2013
Ayorh4you: only if the money will be well untilized and channeled into the right direction. i pray mk e no disappear at the end of the daY.
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Evestar200(f): 10:27am On Aug 21, 2013
Have been watching nigeria league matches live on super sports 2,,and if the league does not give u joy! get out of here and go and comment on ur european leagues club,,cuz i do go to Warri city stadium to watch and warri wolves match some times and i can swear with my life that majority of pple that go there to watch Warri wolves match are rich men who are far better than we who are critisizin the league,,since then i vow never to miss Warri wolves home games

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by ladenz(m): 10:56am On Aug 21, 2013
solomon111: 19 players out of 21 in our AFCON team were based in the Nigerian league.
How is it an exaggeration?

i thought you were talking about the Nations cup we won in South Africa? were there as many as 19 homebased in that team?
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by taiocol: 11:17am On Aug 21, 2013
Christmasdon: ...watching nigeria league makes me feel dry. Watch and you will see dry grass every where compared to Epl or other European matches the grasses looks succulent and feels cool. Moreover what is my darling heartland fc team doing everyday their losing match huh! They will be relegated if possible care is n0t taking.
na wolves start problem 4 dem
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by taiocol: 11:22am On Aug 21, 2013
Evestar200: Have been watching nigeria league matches live on super sports 2,,and if the league does not give u joy! get out of here and go and comment on ur european leagues club,,cuz i do go to Warri city stadium to watch and warri wolves match some times and i can swear with my life that majority of pple that go there to watch Warri wolves match are rich men who are far better than we who are critisizin the league,,since then i vow never to miss Warri wolves home games
wolves all the way bt how many wolves player u knw?
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Longeria(m): 1:10pm On Aug 21, 2013
www.enyimbafc.net

Nigeria's Barca
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by taiocol: 1:31pm On Aug 21, 2013
Longeria: www.enyimbafc.net

Nigeria's Barca is warri wolves
nt enyimba
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by clemtony(m): 1:54pm On Aug 21, 2013
Correct.
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Longeria(m): 2:06pm On Aug 21, 2013
taiocol: nt enyimba
Enyimba has won 2 champions league, 2 african super cups, 6 nigerian league title, 2 federation cups, 3 nigeria super cups plus other minor trophies that made it over 20 titles between 2001 to 2011 before Anyansi join NFA politics everything scatter, as I'm talking to you, enyimbafc.net is on top of Nigeria league tables. Oya tell me about warri wolf.
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Evestar200(f): 2:16pm On Aug 21, 2013
taiocol: wolves all the way bt how many wolves player u knw?
dont knw plenty but few,,,Oghenekaro etebo,,Azubuike Egweke Osadiaye Joseph and kelvin the guy that score the only goal against sharks fc at warri city stadium

1 Like

Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 21, 2013
Longeria: Enyimba has won 2 champions league, 2 african super cups, 6 nigerian league title, 2 federation cups, 3 nigeria super cups plus other minor trophies that made it over 20 titles between 2001 to 2011 before Anyansi join NFA politics everything scatter, as I'm talking to you, enyimbafc.net is on top of Nigeria league tables. Oya tell me about warri wolf.

I admire ur patroitism, i do!

All hail Enyimba, the King of Nigerian footie cheesy
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 21, 2013
kennyonthrone: Okpo who d'beg u 2 b interested b4 kwanu

Wel dis is a step towards d'ryt direction,a journey of a thousand mile starts wit a step....kudos 2 hoeva made it possible

ofcourse they can sign foreign players chad Mali Niger. Rwanda . grin
kennyonthrone: Okpo who d'beg u 2 b interested b4 kwanu

Wel dis is a step towards d'ryt direction,a journey of a thousand mile starts wit a step....kudos 2 hoeva made it possible

ofcourse they can sign foreign players chad Mali Niger. Rwanda .
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by sholaywithall: 4:28pm On Aug 21, 2013
I know rashidi yekini wwill score,maduigiri vs boko babes
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Ustec: 4:29pm On Aug 21, 2013
So enyimba still never concede a goal after all those matches...?? Nigerian staged football league is really improving o
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by taiocol: 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2013
Longeria: Enyimba has won 2 champions league, 2 african super cups, 6 nigerian league title, 2 federation cups, 3 nigeria super cups plus other minor trophies that made it over 20 titles between 2001 to 2011 before Anyansi join NFA politics everything scatter, as I'm talking to you, enyimbafc.net is on top of Nigeria league tables. Oya tell me about warri wolf.
CAF Confederation Cup: 2 Notable players
Chigozie Agbim
Oke Akpoveta
Jude Aneke
Prince Efe Ehiorobo
Richard Eromoigbe
Nosa Igiebor
Christian Inyam
Sunday Mba
Fegor Ogude
Henry Okorocha
Anthony Ujah
Ezenwafor Uzochukwu
Ikenna. Oya bring ur own
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 21, 2013
^^ We Just won Lobi Stars to advance into the F.A Cup final! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EPL Clubs Vote To Continue Matches Amid Fast Rising Covid-19 Cases In Football / FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss / Super Eagles To Receive Cash Bonuses From Nigerian Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.