Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,051 members, 7,835,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Chi Square Statistical Analysis - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Chi Square Statistical Analysis (1036 Views)

Easy Way To Find The Square Of Number Between 1-100 By Heart / Statistical Analysis With Excel- Tutorial / Econometric And Statistical Analysis/ Software Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chi Square Statistical Analysis by Nobody: 1:56am On Aug 21, 2013
A nairalander is in urgent need of the formula for the computation of the chi square statistical analysis to further a project work. Online materials have not been really useful.
Pls post the formula as it should be followed accordingly, plus the chi square table (where we have a collection of two-digit figures). You can also post the formular for gamma Y as it will be needed too.
I'm counting on all Nlanders who can be of help. Please assist a fellow nairalander.
Thanks and GOD bless you!
Re: Chi Square Statistical Analysis by psucc(m): 4:23am On Aug 21, 2013
All man go don port from this post.
Re: Chi Square Statistical Analysis by toideve(m): 4:57am On Aug 21, 2013
X^2=(Observed value - Expected value/expected value)^2

Note:
X square denote chi square. If your table is such that have one column and several rows, your degree of freedom would be n-1 that is, number of rows minus 1. But if your table contains more than a row and several columns, then ur degree of freedom would be (r-1)(c-1). You need degree of freedom when checking ur tables.

After your calculation, i.e., your calculated chi square value, compare it to tabulated value. If it is less than the tabulated value, you do not reject null hypothesis, but if it is greather than the calculated value, you reject your null hypothesis.

Your null hypothesis in this case would be the results of ur findings.

For the chi square tables, you can find it in waec/neco four figure tables.
Re: Chi Square Statistical Analysis by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 21, 2013
psucc: All man go don port from this post.
Y u talk so
Re: Chi Square Statistical Analysis by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 21, 2013
toideve: X^2=(Observed value - Expected value/expected value)^2

Note:
X square denote chi square. If your table is such that have one column and several rows, your degree of freedom would be n-1 that is, number of rows minus 1. But if your table contains more than a row and several columns, then ur degree of freedom would be (r-1)(c-1). You need degree of freedom when checking ur tables.

After your calculation, i.e., your calculated chi square value, compare it to tabulated value. If it is less than the tabulated value, you do not reject null hypothesis, but if it is greather than the calculated value, you reject your null hypothesis.

I appreciate ur effort bro. I also need pictures of all d tables 2 be used nd how 2 use dem
Re: Chi Square Statistical Analysis by segzytemi(m): 4:38pm On Aug 21, 2013
toideve: X^2=(Observed value - Expected value/expected value)^2

Note:

X^2= summation of [( O - E )^2/ E]
while O = observed value
E = expected value
summation sign should be used were u see the summation of, i couldn't find the sign on my phone.
Re: Chi Square Statistical Analysis by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 21, 2013
^^kk, thanks

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Orders Immediate Action To End ASUU Strike / What Is The Outcome Of ASUU Meeting in Your School Yesterday? / Uniabuja Lecturers Signing Register Infront Of V.C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.