Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an (10911 Views)

Imam Ali's (A.S.) Translation Of The Holy Qur'an. / Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? / Baby Born With The Holy Qur'an In A White Garment Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 06, 2013
> grin grin >: grin
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by DadaStephen1(m): 9:41am On Sep 06, 2013
Good points.
But how many Muslim brothers like you abide with what your Quran preaches? How many of you practise the points in; 1, 14, 22, 39, 43, 50, 78 and 96?
Takunlah!

1 Like

Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by Rilwayne001: 9:44am On Sep 06, 2013
Guide us to d str8 path
The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went astray.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran
Alhamdulilah
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 06, 2013
# 7,39,48,got me thinking. Anyway is also like that in 10Commandment. We human beings are d problem of the World. Bible says thy shall nt Fornicate,but we do.13 years old giving birth to Triple.God have mercy on us.
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by Dawdy(m): 9:47am On Sep 06, 2013
Alhamdulillah for being A Muslim! Aku jimoh oloyin eni.

1 Like

Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by lamrat123(m): 9:49am On Sep 06, 2013
Jazakumullahu khaira.jumaatul mubarak

1 Like

Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 06, 2013
#5 is for Boko Haram boys that do follow follows. And #12 is directly talking to Oyibos,den no dey breastfeed pikin @all .
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by dridowu: 9:54am On Sep 06, 2013
May Allah inrease us in Knowledge
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by deols(f): 10:09am On Sep 06, 2013
#12.

You dont have to breast feed your children for two years. You are advised to. wink
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by adisarasaq(m): 10:12am On Sep 06, 2013
Jazakum llahu Khairan
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by deols(f): 10:14am On Sep 06, 2013
#83. Allah forgives all sins.

except shirk(associating partners with him/worshipping other gods or dieties)
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by laksides: 10:16am On Sep 06, 2013
@op, may almighty Allah bless u̶̲̥̅̊ abundantly with this
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by adisarasaq(m): 10:25am On Sep 06, 2013
speeder: G
This explains alot.

This is the problem, of all the article this is the only part you can see
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by fujahbeez: 11:09am On Sep 06, 2013
Alihamdulilah God is great. And to those who force others on religion. Its clear that God said dnt force anyone and we should respect other dieties by not insulting them. Great lesson form Islam, d religion of peace.
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by Ramtzy: 11:30am On Sep 06, 2013
Also, this beautiful advice from the Prophet(SAW): Control these 3(Temper, Desire & Speech). Preserve these 3(Good books, Good deeds & Good friends). Value these 3 (Time, Opportunity & Ability). Seek these 3(Forgiveness, Knowledge & Wisdom)...
My Almighty Allah make us the doer of His words & not the sayer only..Jumat mubarak to all my Muslim brothers & Sisters...
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by topraj22: 11:33am On Sep 06, 2013
I particularly like this ones ....... 51.’Having majority’ is not a criterion of truth (6:116).. Foolish pple always tink dat bcus of dere nums in views dey ar right 63.No one will bear others’ sins (17:15) dat is 4 does who tink others can carry dere sins 69.Do not pursue that of which you have no knowledge (17:36) .. Now dis ar 4 people who hv no idea abt islam bt keep openin there mouth
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by Ramtzy: 11:36am On Sep 06, 2013
deols: #12.

You dont have to breast feed your children for two years. You are advised to. wink

Nature way of family planning...
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by ndiyeauwa: 11:48am On Sep 06, 2013
NOs 14, 50 & 96....#fingerscrossed
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by architectB(m): 11:49am On Sep 06, 2013
let me try to respond 2 just a few of ur message according to their numbers in ur post:

10. what about those that are not orphans, dont they deserve protection?

12. does anybody still bosom feed their kids for 2 years? in today's world, that wud almost be a miracle...

22. yeah right, i should also believe the false prophets right?

25. i bet even u that sent in this post will not restrain ur anger if i say one negative word about ur prophet mohammed, would u?

29. what if i want 2 give my wealth to charity?

31. is it okay to devour the property of those that not orphans?

44. why r they prohibited, i think u should give us a reason cos if my goat is involved in an accident that kills it instantly in my presence, i am going 2 fry d damn thing...

50. what if they are false deities e.g i hear some people worship cows, some snakes, some iron, etc.

55. what if i dont have good clothes to wear during prayer, do i go and borrow

82. but they should not clad themselves like they are masquerades, covering everything and leaving just a peep hole for their eyes, i think that's just plain... i reserve my comment...

1 Like

Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by Ramanto(m): 11:54am On Sep 06, 2013
Islam is a very beautiful religion,but it's a pity that nwadays muslims are not..that is y it is important to knw Islam before knwing the muslims...im everly happy to b a muslim.God bless u @op
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by kunleee(m): 12:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
jazakalahu khairan. Barka jumaat fellow brodas and sistas
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by jayne8585yahoo(f): 12:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
This is so educating.just wish Muslims can copy this especially those in northern Nigeria.
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by olaheavy: 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
architectB: let me try to respond 2 just a few of ur message according to their numbers in ur post:

12. does anybody still bosom feed their kids for 2 years? in today's world, that wud almost be a miracle...

22. yeah right, i should also believe the false prophets right?

25. i bet even u that sent in this post will not restrain ur anger if i say one negative word about ur prophet mohammed, would u?

29. what if i want 2 give my wealth to charity?

31. is it okay to devour the property of those that not orphans?

44. why r they prohibited, i think u should give us a reason cos if my goat is involved in an accident that kills it instantly in my presence, i am going 2 fry d damn thing...

50. what if they are false deities e.g i hear some people worship cows, some snakes, some iron, etc.

55. what if i dont have good clothes to wear during prayer, do i go and borrow

82. but they should not clad themselves like they are masquerades, covering everything and leaving just a peep hole for their eyes, i think that's just plain... i reserve my comment...
Stop being cynical! Just believe what you like: Christianity, Hjnduism, Bhudism, or whatever. Take a cue from this piece of advise and don't be a jackass
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by AbdH: 12:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
Masha'Allah
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by mendax: 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
architectB: let me try to respond 2 just a few of ur message according to their numbers in ur post:

The Qur'an in other places has mentioned all weak people should be protected. In fact most of the injunctions and calls to justice and avoiding interest is to protect the weak. Anyway Allah says we should protect the weak among Men, women and children who are been oppressed (4:75)

architectB:

If you read the verse in its entirety, you will come to understand that the 2 years breast-feeding period is a maximum. Actually (46:15) says "...gestation and weaning [period] is thirty months...", which means if the gestation was at the known minimum of 6 months then you could wean at 2 yrs, if gestation was at the average of 9 months, then maximum time to wean is 21 months. So actually the verse is prohibiting breast feeding AFTER 2 years...If you go up north in Nigeria, you will find it a common practice for kids to breast feed upto 20 - 21 months.

architectB: 22. yeah right, i should also believe the false prophets right?
There are known prophets in Islam, many we do not even know by name (e.g. 40:78), and only 25 were mentioned by name in the Qur'an. For example in 6:83-86 alone, 18 prophets were mentioned. We believe that the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), was the last of them. so we believe in the prophets that we were told are prophets only.
However, the verse commands MUSLIMS to believe ALL prophets that WE have been told about. If you are not a muslim, then my sincere advice to you is not to loose sleep over this

architectB: 25. i bet even u that sent in this post will not restrain ur anger if i say one negative word about ur prophet mohammed, would u?
In general, in several places we have been told to restrain our anger. If the poster finds it difficult to restrain his anger in certain situations, that is his weakness which he needs to work on. However, you should note that Islam does not forbid you to retaliate. We have not been commanded to "turn the other cheek". But if you wish to retaliate, you have to give back in EQUAL MEASURE ONLY. But even then, if you forgive and restrain yourself, it is better. for example:
16:126 says : "And if you punish [O believers], punish with an equivalent of that with which you were harmed. But if you are patient - it is better for those who are patient."
Furthermore, Q42: 40 - 42 says:
"( 40 ) And the retribution for an evil act is an evil one like it, but whoever pardons and makes reconciliation - his reward is [due] from Allah. Indeed, He does not like wrongdoers.
( 41 ) And whoever avenges himself after having been wronged - those have not upon them any cause [for blame].
( 42 ) The cause is only against the ones who wrong the people and tyrannize upon the earth without right. Those will have a painful punishment."

In a nutshell, islam deals with justice, it will be considered Gross injustice if you were just told to turn your cheek after someone has slapped. I have observed even here on Nairaland, you have been very angry at the treatment metted out to some people by the LASTMA officials. That kind of treatement by nature brings out anger.
Lastly, A man came to the prophet and asked for advice. The prophet sais: Dont' get angry, he asked for another advice and the prophet repeated don't get angry and for the third time again, the prophet said dont get angry.
In another situation, the prophet said, The man who is strong, is not the man who can throw his enemy to the ground, but the man who can restrain himself when he is angry.
So you may rightly ask then, why are muslims easily provoked? and then I will tell you that: Because they are mostly failing to follow the teachings of their religion! .....but Allah knows best

architectB: 29. what if i want 2 give my wealth to charity?

In Islam once you die, it is no longer considered your wealth, but the wealth of your inheritors, if you wish to give your wealth in charity, there is ample time to do that while you are alive. However, you are encouraged to make a will, in which you can give a maximum of a third of your wealth out. If the amount exceeds a third, then the permission of the inheritors will be sought. If they disagree, then they will inherit. (check Hadith and Quran 2:180 and the like)

architectB: 31. is it okay to devour the property of those that not orphans?
No, its not Ok...
Q4:29 says: "O you who have believed, do not consume one another's wealth unjustly but only [in lawful] business by mutual consent. And do not kill yourselves [or one another]. Indeed, Allah is to you ever Merciful."

architectB: 44. why r they prohibited, i think u should give us a reason cos if my goat is involved in an accident that kills it instantly in my presence, i am going 2 fry d damn thing...
Well...thats the rule...by the way, do you know that diseases run in the blood? thats why by a simple blood test you could decipher if someone is sick and what kind of sickness? so, even medically you should avoid drinking blood. As for the rest, eating any kind of carcass is not allowed, please if you are in the bush dont be stingy, leave it for the other wild animals to have a field day grin

architectB: 50. what if they are false deities e.g i hear some people worship cows, some snakes, some iron, etc.
whatever others believe in, we are not allowed to insult. Funny enough, at the time these verses were first revealed, most of the unbelievers worshipped idols, carved from wood, stone or even moulded from food items! but the muslims were never allowed to insult them. Btw...why would you want to insult something that someone else holds dear? Is it just to hurt them or will it make you feel better? well, if its just to hurt them, then hurting the feelings of others is also prohibited islamically!

architectB: 55. what if i dont have good clothes to wear during prayer, do i go and borrow
Allah knows your intentions and what is in the mind, if your situation is that bad, then Allah says "Allah does not burden a soul beyond its capacity."...Q2:286...meaning you could pray even naked in extreme circumstances.

architectB: 82. but they should not clad themselves like they are masquerades, covering everything and leaving just a peep hole for their eyes, i think that's just plain... i reserve my comment...
well, if someone wishes to cover themselves that way, it shouldnt be a problem to anyone. Afterall, others have chosen to move around in their "birthday" suits and they are been tolerated!

As a general advice, please any point that you do not understand, it will be good to check a copy of the Qur'an and read the verse for yourself, it may gove you a better insight as to the true meanings....
I have attempted to answer your posts, with the assumption that you are sincerely seeking for knowledge. May we all be guided to the truth!

3 Likes

Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by mendax: 2:54pm On Sep 06, 2013
deols: #83. Allah forgives all sins.

except shirk(associating partners with him/worshipping other gods or dieties)

He forgives ALL sins, if its not too late (for definition of "too late" see for e.g. Q4:17-18). Meaning as long as you are alive, He will forgive you if you turn to him even if its shirk. However, when you die, He can forgive anything EXCEPT shirk.

Read the verses following Q39:53 for more explanation.
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by hayzed14(m): 4:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
[quote author=speeder]G
This explains alot.[pls do not misunderstand this concept..if u ar a non muslim
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by deols(f): 4:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
mendax:

He forgives ALL sins, if its not too late (for definition of "too late" see for e.g. Q4:17-18). Meaning as long as you are alive, He will forgive you if you turn to him even if its shirk. However, when you die, He can forgive anything EXCEPT shirk.

Read the verses following Q39:53 for more explanation.

I meant after death.

You are right
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
Phewwwwwww
Re: 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an by chutney(f): 5:42pm On Sep 06, 2013
Alhamdulillah...proud to be a muslimah! @ op, keep up d gud work

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Telling It Through Pictures / Hajj Patronage Drops Despite Lower Fare / 'Abdullah Ibn Salam: From Judaism To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.