Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,583 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. (7903 Views)

Past And Present Students Of F.g.c..must Read / Flavour N'abania - "Iwe" (Tribute To Mc Loph) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by sheniqua: 4:15pm On Jun 08, 2008
Please share some good Igbo music here.
Anyone can post and enjoy them irrespective of tribe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiZozFgBoVw&feature=related
Osondi Owendi

In memory of a legend Chief Stephen Osita Osadebe
May your kind soul rest in  perfect peace.
Your music lives on.
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by Mortiple(m): 12:09pm On Jun 09, 2008
sheniqua:

In memory of a legend Chief Stephen Osita Osadebe
May your kind soul rest in perfect peace.
Your music lives on.

O yes, Osili' nwa Mama's music lives.

Tribute to past Igbo musicians like Celestine Ukwu, Ali Chukwuma, Joe Nez, Goddy Ezike, Show Promoter, Capt. Mudi Ibe, Dr. Sir Warrior, Mangala and Ichita, all of Oriental Brothers, Area Scatter, Show Promoter, etc.

Not forgetting living legends like Herbert Udemba, Mike Ejeagha, Oliver De Coque, Bright Chimezie, Raph Amarabem (Peacock Guitar Band), Dan Orji of Skylark Guitar Band, Alloy Anyanwu, etc.
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by sheniqua: 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2008
I always heard my mom talk of Celestine Ukwu while we were growing up.I don't know any of his songs.

1 Like

Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 09, 2008
chaiii osisi d osondi onwendi oooooooo,song is killing me softly,i can never get tired of dat song
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by darfur(m): 10:00pm On Jun 09, 2008
BabyO celestin ukwu for you

i love it best. it deeps into our history and was used for the banned movie'' the nigeria-biafra war''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK4jYXtXf0U
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by Kashif(m): 12:57pm On Jun 10, 2008
sheniqua:

I always heard my mom talk of Celestine Ukwu while we were growing up.I don't know any of his songs.

Celestine Ukwu was a legend and icon of philosophical music. He was part of Mike Ejeagha's band before forming his own.

Some of his popular songs are:

Asili, Igede, Alili, Onwu bu Ugwo, Usondu, Ilo Oyi, etc. I cant remember their titles now (they keep flying around my head sha). I might be wrong but if Celestine Ukwu was alive a little more, he would have been to Igbo songs what Robert Marley was to Reggae.

He was from Abor, Udi LGA of Enugu State. Died in car crash in the year, 1977.

1 Like

Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by sheniqua: 2:50pm On Jun 10, 2008
jennykadry:

chaiii osisi d osondi onwendi oooooooo,song is killing me softly,i can never get tired of that song

I played the song over 20 times last Sunday.
It just brought back so many sweet memories of Igboland.
That song is unrivalled.

I remember my aunt blasting it on Saturday mornings while doing laundry
I remember hearing it in the market places and motorparks from traders and records dealers
I remember hearing it in the luxurious buses while travelling to Lagos,Jos,Kaduna,Bauchi for holidays
I remember hearing it blaring out while passing "bars" and mamaput joints
I remember hearing it in weddings,village new yam festivals and Christmas gatherings.

I wish sometimes I could rewind the hands ot time and relive my growing up years once again.
I had a great time.
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by sheniqua: 2:57pm On Jun 10, 2008
darfur:

BabyO celestin ukwu for you

i love it best. it deeps into our history and was used for the banned movie'' the nigeria-biafra war''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK4jYXtXf0U

Oh my God.
I know that song I even know most of the words.
My mom used to sing it around the house while doing chores
I feel so nostalgic right now.
I'm seeing myself right now as a little girl running around playing and laughing loudly as usual and teasing my siblings.

1 Like

Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by otele(m): 7:59pm On Jun 10, 2008
sheniqua:

I wish sometimes I could rewind the hands ot time and relive my growing up years once again.
I had a great time.

you wish . . lipsrsealed
but . . those days are gone . sad
and guess what? . . gone forever cry
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 10, 2008
@otele

which kain name be dat "otele" cheesy cheesy cheesy ur name funny oooooo otele mgbeke grin grin grin grin
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by sheniqua: 11:30pm On Jun 10, 2008
jennykadry:

@otele

which kain name be that "otele" cheesy cheesy cheesy your name funny oooooo otele mgbeke grin grin grin grin

ROFL.
meanwhile we have another poster named Oke amu.
Oke means giant or something wey big.
we all know what amu is
dis Igbo boys sef
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by sheniqua: 11:31pm On Jun 10, 2008
otele:

you wish . . lipsrsealed
but . . those days are gone . sad
and guess what? . . gone forever cry

otii my dear na wa O
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 10, 2008

ROFL.
meanwhile we have another poster named Oke amu.
Oke means giant or something wey big.
we all know what amu is
this Igbo boys sef

osisi r u serious,oke amu?i guess d oke amu is quite loaded in dat area, cheesy cheesy oh my gawd grin grin grin very soon we will be seeing amu dire grin grin
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by otele(m): 3:52am On Jun 11, 2008
jennykadry:

@otele
which kain name be that "otele" cheesy cheesy cheesy your name funny oooooo otele mgbeke grin grin grin grin

@ my sister,
otele na kajad igbo name cheesy
at least you and i know what it means

what does jennykadry mean? is it igbo
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by Ijiji1(m): 4:30am On Jun 11, 2008
@ osisi

I'm surprised you've not mentioned his Honorable Oliver de coque the grate. Now Umu Biafra enjoy People's Club by the Honorable.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_tAiDzrMoEw
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by sheniqua: 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2008
ijiji Chukwu gozie gi
How can I forget Oliver de coque and his legendary afu onu
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2008
@otele abi otula cheesy cheesy

jenny is my username,it can be my real name and it might not be my realname wink but i be nwa afor igbo wink wink

osisi i dey greet ooooo
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by omoge(f): 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2008
I love Osadebe's songs. People's club is my fav and i love that

onye ma ife ga me echi, so nostalgic. i love that song any Youtube for it?

my parents never stop playing that song and dance to it. childhood cry
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by darfur(m): 9:19pm On Jun 11, 2008
@jenny

why you de argue with person wey de answer otele grin

otele na wa for you o. u no see any other name answer cheesy

see this one . . . . ijiji grin my people de try grin
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 11, 2008
darfur i tire oooo,otele and ijiji grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by Ijiji1(m): 11:57pm On Jun 11, 2008
@ jenny and Darfur.

It's Ijiji one of Abagana Anambra State. I'm a titled man so make una no play with the name before I fine two of you tongue grin
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by Nobody: 2:02am On Jun 12, 2008
ijiji 1 of anambra state abeg no vex ooo,i throway salute grin grin grin
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by masam(m): 12:17pm On Jun 20, 2008
@jennydary

which kain name be that "otele"     your name funny oooooo otele mgbeke     

lol, You pple will not kill me with laugh in nairaland
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 20, 2008
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy masam i tire ooooo,how person go give himself otele as name grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by otele(m): 3:13pm On Jun 20, 2008
listen, that name was given to me by my grandfather. it has a deep meaning and it is highly hallowed. dont play with it. i'm also planning to give the same name to my grandson to keep it in the family for generations. that name has been in the family for over 600yrs

__________[b]Otele[/b], proud and sound cool
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by Soundmind(m): 1:38pm On Jun 23, 2008
We have lost another great Igbo highlife musician.
Oliver de Coque is reported dead.
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by ifyalways(f): 3:04pm On Jun 23, 2008
Soundmind:

We have lost another great Igbo highlife musician.
Oliver de Coque is reported dead.
May his soul rest in peace.
wow cry cry cry cry ife emeeeeeeeeeeeeee sad
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by Ijiji1(m): 12:11am On Jun 24, 2008
What is happening abeg, all my heroes are dieing left and right, umu biafra are finishing before my eyes
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by rubi(f): 1:18am On Jun 24, 2008
Ijiji1:

What is happening abeg, all my heroes are dieing left and right, umu biafra are finishing before my eyes
[/quote

They might die in person but their seed (song) is not dead yet
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by Ijiji1(m): 1:33am On Jun 24, 2008
I hear you my brother, and that's why we should never forget where we came from and always cherish our Igbo culture. That's why I've promised myself if I'm ever blessed with a child, that child would spend time back home to learn our culture.
Re: Tribute To Igbo Music Past And Present. by Eziachi: 7:18pm On Apr 06, 2009
There is also a new guy on the block. His name is Darlington Nwangwu. He very original, across between sir warrior and osadebe. There are four videos of his music on youtube and check out the one called Welu Ndidi.

(1) (Reply)

Download Jay Z - Family Feud / Album: Erigga – The Erigma 2 (download All Tracks + Zip) / May D - So Many Tinz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.