Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Providing Nigerian Stock Market Price Webservice + Online Dataservices - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Providing Nigerian Stock Market Price Webservice + Online Dataservices (2577 Views)

Android App Developer That No About Webservice Come In And Help / How To Use Webservice Wsdl File In PHP / I Need A Class Tha Can Transfer Files Using Webservice On Client Machines. Plz U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Providing Nigerian Stock Market Price Webservice + Online Dataservices by Gomez(m): 8:53pm On Jun 08, 2008
Having searched the internet for a
webservice of Nigerian stock market , stockquote and other online  data services.
we came together to build  a system that will expose some of these services. A beta version of the system will go life within  two weeks.
we welcome developers to join us as we test and stabilize the system.

Some methods that are being implemented:

GetCompanyInformation
This Method returns a Detail company information for the supplied symbol.

GetStockQuote
This method returns the last stock trade information of a specific supplied symbol in the system.

GetStockQuoteByDate
This Method returns the stock market price of a specific company for the specific entered date.

GetStockQuoteBySector
This method returns all the stock market information of specific sector for the last trade transaction in the system.

GetStockQuoteBySectorAndDate
Re: Providing Nigerian Stock Market Price Webservice + Online Dataservices by cdeveloper(m): 9:28pm On Jun 08, 2008
Quite impressive but first we need to know what language you are going to use to implement this web services before we can contribute our own part. And just a little advice , i think it would be a good idea to host the project in a public or private place where developers eithere registered or not can look at the project framework and work on it
Re: Providing Nigerian Stock Market Price Webservice + Online Dataservices by mosconet(m): 4:47pm On Jun 09, 2008
is it an openSource thing u guys are doing, which technology or combination of technologies are you guys using.
it really, is laudable. Thumbs Up bro
Re: Providing Nigerian Stock Market Price Webservice + Online Dataservices by Kobojunkie: 8:33pm On Jun 09, 2008
I believe the guy may be looking for beta testers who would like to consume and use the service for their sites or apps.
Re: Providing Nigerian Stock Market Price Webservice + Online Dataservices by Gomez(m): 8:59am On Jun 10, 2008
Cdeveloper/ mosco.net, the application is on .net framework but whatever technology we use does not affect the endpoint as a string will be exposed in XML format that can be consumed by any technology or tool.
The services are for developers or businesses that might need such information without implementing them from scratch as kobojunkie rightly pointed out.
We are looking forward to bringing it online and work with developers that might be interested in consuming the services.
Re: Providing Nigerian Stock Market Price Webservice + Online Dataservices by softpalms: 10:08am On Jun 10, 2008
that sounds nice cos i tryin to run a site on that
http://nigerianstocksonline.com
Re: Providing Nigerian Stock Market Price Webservice + Online Dataservices by kanirip: 12:22pm On Jun 10, 2008
I've been told I'm pretty cynical. I wasn't too sure as to what cynicism entailed so I checked dictionary.com which stated that cynicism is being 'bitterly or sneeringly distrustful, contemptuous, or pessimistic'. And to the best of my knowledge they are right!(Although I have also contemplated the fact that the website was lying! wink

Now my question: Who is going to guarantee me the accuracy of your data/information/quotes? Are you using some remote trading software to retrieve/obtain the quotes? I mean how am I going to be sure that I won't wake up to some trumped up price quotes which may or may not be used to your advantage?

I am not accusing you of anything but before I implement any sort of dataservice on my website I have to ensure that the data is authentic. I am sorry but I feel that is the nature of the field you are dabbling into!

Unless when you said 'we got together' meant that you and the Nigerian Stock Exchange or the CSCS got into a Satanic relationship to provide data services then I am sorry that I will only be able to provide you with testing space (and of course expertise) on my companys webspace!

But the promise is there, I'll give you that!
Re: Providing Nigerian Stock Market Price Webservice + Online Dataservices by logica(m): 7:08pm On Jun 11, 2008
LOL @ Satanic relationship.

Gomez, I am curious as to the source of your data-feed. Is this something you can divulge?
Re: Providing Nigerian Stock Market Price Webservice + Online Dataservices by Gomez(m): 12:29pm On Jul 10, 2008
i have to apologize for not being able to reply to this post since, we have being busy working out the system
kANIRIP: what we are offering now is end of day stock market prices and not the real time qoute though that is not far from what
you will get from us soon. Currently we are working with some stock brokening firms to get the data which is all coming from the nigerian stock market.
we will post all the progress to the site as we really took your fear as a real and appreciated factors to consider in doing the business that we want to go into.
we have finally hosted the application on
www.ngdataonline.com
the following services are implementated
mystockservice this service is a free no registration stock market quote method though it returns limited informtion.
To get the full stock information you have to subscribe to the GetStockQuote  service, details of this is on the site.
We are still working on the system and will welcome all form of comments.
Re: Providing Nigerian Stock Market Price Webservice + Online Dataservices by kodewrita(m): 2:35pm On Mar 15, 2012
Was this effort a success and is it still in use?
Re: Providing Nigerian Stock Market Price Webservice + Online Dataservices by stockbull(m): 11:42pm On Feb 16, 2013
Re: Providing Nigerian Stock Market Price Webservice + Online Dataservices by Gomez(m): 10:19am On Feb 26, 2013
Hey, this project was some years back, a concept tried out.
The NSE should hv the details about service now.

(1) (Reply)

Is This A Crime Under The Law? / New Android App: PN Gates / I Need Ur Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.