Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

My Yahoo Messenger Disapairs When I Try To Login - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Yahoo Messenger Disapairs When I Try To Login (731 Views)

Nairaland Refuses To Login On Microsoft Edge / Help My Yahoo Account Is Generating Emails And Sending / How Do I Retrieve My Offline Messages From Yahoo Messenger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Yahoo Messenger Disapairs When I Try To Login by bluetyrese(m): 9:01pm On Jun 08, 2008
MY DEAR NIRALANDERS IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING THIS PROBLEM, WHEN TRYING TO LOGIN INTO YAHOO MESSENGER YOU CAN CONTACT ME FOR INFO TO PUT A LASTING SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEMS, THIS LOGIN PROBLEM IS CAUSED MY A MALWARE CALLED AMVO.EXE WHEN YOU GO TO RUN AND TYPE MSCONFIG YOU WILL SEE IT RUNING IN THE SECTION OF START UP PROGRAMMES .
HERE IS MY MAIL FOR FURTHER HELP ITS FREE NO CHARGES FROM ME. beezee_ty@yahoo.com
Re: My Yahoo Messenger Disapairs When I Try To Login by uspry1(f): 12:16am On Jun 09, 2008
I am so sorry that you got your system infected by this AMVO.EXE.

You are responsible to scan your anti-virus software weekly as well as update new patch from your anti-virus software to protect from virus attacked. Without your anti-virus protection, your computer is BIG RISK to infect over 1 millions viruses you don't know when you click STRANGE LINK or ACCEPT UNKNOWN DOWNLOAD ".exe" file. It contains virus inside file.

You need HijackThis software as following below:

Open HijackThis, click do a system scan only and checkmark this:

O4 - HKCU\, \Run: [amva] C:\WINDOWS\system32\amvo.exe

Close all windows including browser and press fix checked.

Reboot

Delete if present:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\amvo.exe

Empty Recycle Bin.

Post back a fresh HijackThis log.

Then update your anti-virus to be scanned entire on your system weekly!

Good luck!

If you do not have installed HijackThis software, google it!
Re: My Yahoo Messenger Disapairs When I Try To Login by chikeze(m): 12:13pm On Jun 10, 2008
Hi bluetyres. i have a problem with my yahoo messenger when i sign in and want to chat. when i type i dont see what i have typed(replied) and when the person replies also i dont see what is written. an instruction appears on the screen that says : (an active x on this page might be unsafe to interract with other parts of this page.do you want to allow this interaction) please whats the problem?
Re: My Yahoo Messenger Disapairs When I Try To Login by tramigo: 9:30am On Jun 17, 2008
maybe theres a problem when you install YM , try to uninstall again then install YM again.
Re: My Yahoo Messenger Disapairs When I Try To Login by revenge(m): 12:26pm On Jun 17, 2008
dowload another one na, cry
Re: My Yahoo Messenger Disapairs When I Try To Login by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2008
My Yahoo messenger was also doing like that before,
i uninstalled it and installed it again,
and it started working. cool
Re: My Yahoo Messenger Disapairs When I Try To Login by bluetyrese(m): 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2008
Hey guys, try unintalling the messenger and intall it again, and go so to messnger click on CONNECTION PREFERENCE and make sure you tick NO PROXY CONNECTION option, click on ok and sign in i guss this will work, for those not seeing typed words on thier messneger i guess its virus make sure you update your anti virus and make a full scan i guess that will solve the problem. latly for those who are seeing a messenger about active X you have to click on allow so it can intall Active x on your system, when you click on the up option it will display intall option just follow it step my step its easy and you will be oky using your messnger, and thanks to the @uspry1 for that above step to remove AMVO.exe its works wow

(1) (Reply)

Want To Update Your Laptop Knowlegde? / How May I Use My Visa Card To Buy Laptop Online / Fgate Failed To Detect Server With Celtel Em Em S.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.