Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,065 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others (11304 Views)

Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road / Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road / Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others by awodman: 3:41pm On Aug 22, 2013
Dee60: Stories we have heard for many years. Let us see the roads, please, not announcements!

Even Lagos Ibadan that was kicked off by His Excellency, not a single spade seems to have moved since then. We do not need talk talk, we need act act!
Don't come here and lie and expect to go away with..contrary to your claims work has started on that road

awodman:
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has appealed for caution and patience on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway as construction work has begun on the road which serves as a major link between Lagos and other parts of
the country.
www.channelstv.com/home/2013/08/02/frsc-cautions-road-users-as-work-begins-on-lagos-ibadan-expressway/
Re: FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Looks like that is becoming the standard. The FG is learning from the ACN states.
Re: FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others by freezy(m): 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
awodman:
Don't come here and lie and expect to go away with..contrary to your claims work has started on that road

www.channelstv.com/home/2013/08/02/frsc-cautions-road-users-as-work-begins-on-lagos-ibadan-expressway/

I took the road on Wednesday morning and not an iota of work has started on it.

I'll take it again tomorrow and I'll give updates if anything has been done.
Re: FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others by awodman: 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
freezy:

I took the road on Wednesday morning and not an iota of work has started on it.

I'll take it again tomorrow and I'll give updates if anything has been done.
Did you go near Luboro junction or the RCCG?.. because according to the Channels Tv report,that's where work is been concentrated for now
Re: FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others by MAYOWAAK: 5:47pm On Aug 22, 2013
YAHOO! YAHOO! PRESIDENT ON THE MOVE
few months ago, president Jonathan held a party on Ibadan-Lagos Express way celebrating the award of contract for the re-construction of the road. People were held in traffic for hours and it was like a carnival. Till today, there is no single tractor on Ibadan-Lagos express way. no work is going on any where and there is no sign that work may begin soon. In a similar vein, Many months before the carnival at Lagos-Ibadan express way, the president awarded the construction of the 2nd Niger bridge. It was celebrated and even added to one of many of president Jonathan's achievement, but today, there is no single brick at River Niger to signal the construction of the 2nd Niger bridge. There is not even a sign that work may begin soon. WHAT MARVELS ME IS HOW SOME NIGERIANS STILL TAKE GOODLUCK JONATHAN SERIOUSLY. I have long consoled myself and any time i watch president Jonathan make promises or claim any achievement, i just take it as if i am listening to "I go die", Basket mouth or AY the comedian. By that, i am not a victim of the yahoo! yahoo!
Re: FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others by freezy(m): 6:21pm On Aug 22, 2013
awodman:
Did you go near Luboro junction or the RCCG?.. because according to the Channels Tv report,that's where work is been concentrated for now

Dude, there is no way you'll commute the entire express without passing through the zone you just mentioned.

When the road reconstruction was awarded on TV in November last year, we saw loads of equipment on that road and it was the work done then that still makes the road passable till date.

Like I said earlier, I'll be on that road again tomorrow and I'll report if there are any repairs on it.
Re: FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 22, 2013
MAYOWAAK: YAHOO! YAHOO! PRESIDENT ON THE MOVE
few months ago, president Jonathan held a party on Ibadan-Lagos Express way celebrating the award of contract for the re-construction of the road. People were held in traffic for hours and it was like a carnival. Till today, there is no single tractor on Ibadan-Lagos express way. no work is going on any where and there is no sign that work may begin soon. In a similar vein, Many months before the carnival at Lagos-Ibadan express way, the president awarded the construction of the 2nd Niger bridge. It was celebrated and even added to one of many of president Jonathan's achievement, but today, there is no single brick at River Niger to signal the construction of the 2nd Niger bridge. There is not even a sign that work may begin soon. WHAT MARVELS ME IS HOW SOME NIGERIANS STILL TAKE GOODLUCK JONATHAN SERIOUSLY. I have long consoled myself and any time i watch president Jonathan make promises or claim any achievement, i just take it as if i am listening to "I go die", Basket mouth or AY the comedian. By that, i am not a victim of the yahoo! yahoo!
What is going on with regards to the Second Niger Bridge is PRELIMINARY works. The president will actually flag off the commencement of the main work. With regards to the Lagos-Ibadan road, if the contractors are not on site now, then maybe they'r waiting for heavy rains to abate. The road is in the 2013 budget so nothing will stall work.
Re: FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others by fabregas04(m): 8:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
GEJ shld rather dualise d akure-ilesa xpressway. Obasanjo shld hv dualised d road btw 2000-02, but because olufalae(who was his opponent during 1999 general election) hailed frm akure, he(obasanjo) only approved dualisation of ibadan-ilesa xpressway, despite d fact dat akure is abt 30min drive frm ilesa, moreso, considering d fact dat akure is d nxt city to ilesa, he had evry reason 2 dualise it then, but he introduced polities to it. Back 2d topic, I think GEJ is really doing gr8, if he can continue dis way, nigeria wld be a beta place.
Re: FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others by meforyou1(m): 8:55pm On Aug 22, 2013
The federal govt should dualise suleja-jebba road, the worst highway in africa, rather than patching bida-mokwa rd (a small part of the extensive suleija-jebba rd).
The shortest means of going to lagos from abuja is tru that road, but no vehicle goes tru it because it's a death-trap
Re: FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Sometimes you recognise a problem, desire to fix it but you cannot because of lack of resources. Every minister of works would love to have bulldozers everywhere fixing the roads but you know that's impossible because of limited resources.
there is always fund. There is always no fund yet Abacha has in swiss account $210BILLION liquid cash. If abacha can steal to such extent, how much more Obasanjo who rule over 10 years. He should have in stolen account which D west are accomplice, over $300billon. IBB also should have around $400billion. Obj came recently to say that he collected $2b and remaing like a billion frm Abacha's loot in order 4 us to weigh him as nt as taken huge money frm us and he also said many other things as he always being cunning to diswade ppl frm collecting back his loot. But of recent D swiss or D nigerian govt said abacha has over 210billionUSD cash in bank, we are nt talk of ones in his childrens account, properties and assest. Then we then compare him to IBB and Obj who stayed there longer.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others by donPhill(m): 6:53am On Aug 23, 2013
the op lacks summarizing ability, y single enugu-portharcourt road instead of multiple road contracts are awarded?? (jess sayin and nt a writer though) thankz 4 d info and let enjoy #fresh air wen they re done...but nna dem give dem time oo
Re: FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others by Pataki: 7:12am On Aug 23, 2013
MAYOWAAK: YAHOO! YAHOO! PRESIDENT ON THE MOVE
Yahoo yahoo government.
Re: FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others by mantote: 7:19am On Aug 23, 2013
WHAT OF OBAJANA_KABBA_EGBE_ILORIN EXPRESS WAY
Re: FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others by hipinnacle: 7:30am On Aug 23, 2013
i read d post with some disgust because even thou i av nt travelled most of d road d op mentioned, @ least d ones i have passed most recent are there to see. i dont where d op get his information from. albeit, he is wrong. just to site some examples; Lagos- Ibadan expressway and ore-shagamu road are as bad as even there is no government seat in Nigeria. let people learn to travel these roads b4 coming here on this forum to spew thrash. many of these projects are paper work. let us stop being gullible folks.

Iam not against any government as I still watch GEJ with keen interest to facilitate and hasten his campaign promises.

nevertheless, I av decided with some people not 2 b passive any longer but start thinking of a better future 4 Nigeria. This led us to create www.facebook.com/APCTeamNigeria to crave for the change we desire. with purpose and sincerity, we can all build Nigeria with our little resources (I dont think is even little).

Join & like www.facebook.com/APCTeamNigeria
Re: FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others by dossantos1: 8:55am On Aug 23, 2013
3rd mainland bridge is always pitch dark most times in d night. FG pls do something, dat bridge ought to be well lighted throughout d nighr 4 security reasonss
Re: FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others by dossantos1: 8:59am On Aug 23, 2013
hipinnacle: i read d post with some disgust because even thou i av nt travelled most of d road d op mentioned, @ least d ones i have passed most recent are there to see. i dont where d op get his information from. albeit, he is wrong. just to site some examples; Lagos- Ibadan expressway and ore-shagamu road are as bad as even there is no government seat in Nigeria. let people learn to travel these roads b4 coming here on this forum to spew thrash. many of these projects are paper work. let us stop being gullible folks.

Iam not against any government as I still watch GEJ with keen interest to facilitate and hasten his campaign promises.

nevertheless, I av decided with some people not 2 b passive any longer but start thinking of a better future 4 Nigeria. This led us to create www.facebook.com/APCTeamNigeria to crave for the change we desire. with purpose and sincerity, we can all build Nigeria with our little resources (I dont think is even little).

Join & like www.facebook.com/APCTeamNigeria

bros! take it easy. u maybe right partially buh all those roads in d north listed here i can confirm are in very good shape now. maybe the govt is neglecting southwest.
Re: FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others by ikebros4u(m): 11:08am On Aug 23, 2013
Re: FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others by fabregas04(m): 11:33am On Aug 23, 2013
mantote: WHAT OF OBAJANA_KABBA_EGBE_ILORIN EXPRESS WAY

FG shld as a matter of urgency do sumtin abt dis road. Motorists can no longer ply kabba-obajana rd, rather take kabba-okene, same with kabba-egbe-ilorin, motorists have resorted to kabba-omuo-ifaki(all in ekiti state) rd before they could get to ilorin, d road is long overdue.
Re: FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others by freezy(m): 6:59pm On Aug 23, 2013
What is going on with regards to the Second Niger Bridge is PRELIMINARY works. The president will actually flag off the commencement of the main work. With regards to the Lagos-Ibadan road, if the contractors are not on site now, then maybe they'r waiting for heavy rains to abate. The road is in the 2013 budget so nothing will stall work.

^^^
Sincerely, this is the first time I am hearing a whole CIC flag off stuff. I'd think the finishing deserves the revelry. My thoughts.

However, we have had the longest August break in years. Lots would have been achieved had work started immediately. Oyo, Osun and Ogun state Governments are carrying on with constructions even with the 'rains' using less advanced contractors. It is only in Nigeria we hear excuses of not being able to construct roads during the rains. This was a clear diversionary tactic in the military era. Sad it is surfacing again.

JB does massive contructions inside water worldwide. I doubt some West African rain can hinder them from working. We have to demand what we want, else...

I did Lagos-Ibadan again today as I informed earlier. Status: Same ol', Same ol'

Cheers
Re: FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
So if the president does not flag off the commencement of the new bridge, work will not start? Can't someone else do the flag off? must it be him?
Re: FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
freezy: What is going on with regards to the Second Niger Bridge is PRELIMINARY works. The president will actually flag off the commencement of the main work. With regards to the Lagos-Ibadan road, if the contractors are not on site now, then maybe they'r waiting for heavy rains to abate. The road is in the 2013 budget so nothing will stall work.

^^^
Sincerely, this is the first time I am hearing a whole CIC flag off stuff. I'd think the finishing deserves the revelry. My thoughts.

However, we have had the longest August break in years. Lots would have been achieved had work started immediately. Oyo, Osun and Ogun state Governments are carrying on with constructions even with the 'rains' using less advanced contractors. It is only in Nigeria we hear excuses of not being able to construct roads during the rains. This was a clear diversionary tactic in the military era. Sad it is surfacing again.

JB does massive contructions inside water worldwide. I doubt some West African rain can hinder them from working. We have to demand what we want, else...

I did Lagos-Ibadan again today as I informed earlier. Status: Same ol', Same ol'

Cheers
There's delay but we dont know the reason. Going by your explanations, if its not the rains then it maybe that funds have not hit the contractors account. If that's the case, with the recent release of N250billion by the finance ministry for capital expenditure, definitely work will soon commence. But one thing is sure, notwithstanding unforsen delays, GEJ is a promise keeper.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online / Alison-madueke Emerges As President Of Gas Exporting Countries Forum / President’s Declaration, Hope For Igbo Presidency 2023 – Uche Nwosu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.