Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

··The Martyr's Retribution·· - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ··The Martyr's Retribution·· (553 Views)

Retribution / Retribution and the Rogue: Part One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

··The Martyr's Retribution·· by DesChyko1(m): 5:03am On Aug 22, 2013
PLOT
Chinua Ofoedu is a middle-class employee of Harrison Thompson Pharmaceuticals who lives in Ajegunle. He struggles to actualize his lifelong dream of financial security for himself and aging parents back at his hometown. However, his fortunes changed for the better-or worse, when he plays the part of a protege of justice as he uncovers a drug-scam at his workplace, around which revolves, the death of fifteen people and endless lawsuits. His discovery led to the life incarceration of five employees. The company's material recognition of his efforts placed him among the highest earners on their payroll, fast forwarding his dreams into reality in excesses of a few months. He even chances upon a daring young lady in his new landlord's daughter, whose domineering and curt personality both infuriates and appeals to his maleness in equal measures.
His perfect life took a bizzare twist when one of the imprisoned employees, Mrs Etoro Asuquo, a 76-year old widow and mother of one, dies. Climaxing events unfold, pinpointing her preconceived innocence and Chinua's part in the cover-up. The avenging angel takes form in her sole survivor, prompting surreal happenings that boils down to the final showdown, where Chinua must pay the ultimate price for his wrongdoing - Retribution for the martyr.

Genre: Thriller.

For Accelerated/Advanced Readers

NB: This is my first online piece, hence advice, hint and criticisms are welcome. Don't fail to let me know what you think. I plan to begin posting the main book soonest, updating chapter after chapter..
Re: ··The Martyr's Retribution·· by IZUKWU(m): 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2013
Wey the first chapter

(1) (Reply)

The Horror Beneath... / Life Is Just Funny (the Extremely Creative Etisalat Prize Story) / Vote For Me In The Etisalat Prize Fiction And Help See Me Through. Please NL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.