Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Bringing LTE, And Fiber To Nigerians - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Bringing LTE, And Fiber To Nigerians (786 Views)

Here’s What Microsoft Gave Ahmed Mohamed Who Was Arrested For Bringing A Homemad / LG Optimus LTE Tag Price In Pakistan / How To Make Steel Fiber ? Hooked End Type (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bringing LTE, And Fiber To Nigerians by Fulaman198(m): 6:43am On Aug 22, 2013
My dream is for Nigeria to have network speeds that exceed 100 Mbps download/upload in many cities and even villages. I know I'm a traditionalist, but I feel that this would greatly help us in many ways. What are your thoughts? What about people having internet that fast in their homes?
Re: Bringing LTE, And Fiber To Nigerians by herbdull(m): 6:55am On Aug 22, 2013
Fulaman198: My dream is for Nigeria to have network speeds that exceed 100 Mbps download/upload in many cities and even villages. I know I'm a traditionalist, but I feel that this would greatly help us in many ways. What are your thoughts? What about people having internet that fast in their homes?
Unilorin just finished its fiber optics project and its coming close with such internet speed. Hope other academic area can just key into such investment.
Re: Bringing LTE, And Fiber To Nigerians by Fulaman198(m): 6:56am On Aug 22, 2013
herbdull:
Unilorin just finished its fiber optics project and its coming close with such internet speed. Hope other academic area can just key into such investment.

100% agree my friend. In the western world, people who live in upper middle class can get fiber in their households. Verizon FIOS is an example in America
Re: Bringing LTE, And Fiber To Nigerians by Fulaman198(m): 10:22pm On Aug 23, 2013
We need to have Nigeria be caught up to India. We have the brains and resources to do so. I would like to look into setting up a free high-speed Wi-Fi in major cities like Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Sokoto, Benin City, Jos, Ilorin, Maiduguri, Yola, Port Harcourt, Enugu, Etc. Etc all over Nigeria. If this country wants to truly become a power, then we must focus on science and technology. Without these things we will not progress. Nigeria needs to become a country that does not rely on the western world.

1Gbps should be the download speed for this free Wi-Fi in all these major cities.

(1) (Reply)

Apollon: The Tablet That Converts Into A Desktop PC / Free Download Manual On How To Make #5000 Per Day / Accounting Software Training For The Month Of June @ Yemlat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.