Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ (38780 Views)

This Man Believes He Is Jesus Christ...pope Benedict Him. / Pope Benedict XVI To Resign / Pope Benedict To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by Netz2(m): 9:15am On Aug 22, 2013
Former Pope Benedict has said he resigned after ‘God told me to’ during what he called a ‘mystical experience’, a Catholic news agency reported.
Benedict, whose formal title is now Pope Emeritus, announced his shock resignation in February and became the first pontiff to step down in 600 years.

‘God told me to do it,’ the Zenith agency quoted Benedict as saying to a visitor to the convent in the Vatican gardens where he is living out his retirement in near isolation.

God told me to do it’: Benedict, whose formal title is now Pope Emeritus, announced his shock resignation in February and became the first pontiff tostep down in 600 years.

‘Mystical experience’: According to the Rome-based Zenith, Benedict (right) said the more he observes the way Pope Francis (left) carries out his papalduties, the more he realised the choice was ‘wanted by God’
According to the agency, Benedict told his visitor, who asked to remain anonymous, that God did not speak to him in a vision but in what the former pope called ‘a mystical experience’.

According to Italian media, Benedict’s decision to step down was influenced by the various scandals that blighted his eight-year papacy, including the arrest of his personal butler for leaking private documents alleging corruption in the Vatican.

Cause of retirement? According to Italian media, Benedict’s decision to step down was influenced by the various scandals, including the arrest of his personal butler, Paolo Gabiele (left) for leaking private documents alleging corruption in the Vatican (right: St Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican)
He was succeeded by Pope Francis, the former Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Argentina, who was elected as the first non-European pontiff in 1,300 years.

According to the Rome-based Zenith, Benedict told his visitor that the more he observes the way Francis carries out his papal duties, the more he realised the choice was ‘wanted by God’.

Last Sunday, Benedict spent a day at the papal summer retreat at Castel Gandolfo, south of Rome, to escape the heat of the capital.
The visit indicated that the 86-year-old ex pope’s health was good enough for him to travel. There had been media reports that since his resignation, Benedict’s health had deteriorated dramatically.

SOurce : DAILY NEWS

3 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by lacum: 2:09pm On Aug 22, 2013
this news is misleading. its as if d reporter is speaking with two mouths at d same time. so tell me: did he say that he resigned because of the mystical experience he had or because of the corruption in d vatican?

5 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 22, 2013
How I wish presidents can act like this man. Knowing his rule was not too good, he had to leave for someone else...

Other pastor's please note:

It is not your work... It is God's work!

21 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by Born2beRich1(m): 3:40pm On Aug 22, 2013
Good for him as he listened to the voice of God.

Kudos sir

4 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by owolabifunke14(f): 3:40pm On Aug 22, 2013
Exemplary leader

2 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by kokoye(m): 3:41pm On Aug 22, 2013
ledafaze: How I wish presidents can act like this man. Knowing his rule was not too good, he had to leave for someone else...

Sorry but nowadays, it is the pastors' "business".

The poorest church rat now drives a bentley

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by Benite: 3:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
God bless you Pope. Meanwhile SUSWAM WILL STILL COME OUT AND LIE AGAIN THAT ASUU STRIKE WILL SOON END NEXT WEEK WHEN HE KNOWS THAT NEXT MEETING WILL END IN DEADLOCK AND HIS SITTING ALLOWANCE WILL INCREASE! GEJ, SUSU, SGF, OKONJO, RUFAI, LABOUR MINISTER ARE ALL LIARS. ASUU CHAIRMAN SAYS NO GOOD PROGRESS HAVE BEEN MADE AND STRIKE MAY NOT END NOW!!!

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by sexymoma(f): 3:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
Pls o is it the same pope that took pics with NICKI MINAJ or another wan
Jos asking o, i later heard that he converted to islam, how true is that Jos asking o, No offence o
Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by Jerryjat(m): 3:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
All the best Sire.....
Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by youngay: 3:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
front page thing cool
Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 22, 2013
Hmm. One moment.
Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by Joshcoli(m): 3:48pm On Aug 22, 2013
I'm I first, please can someone tell me if I'm first, first it most be, cuz firstly I have never be first (on this nairaland shaa) any ways I don't wanna be first set
Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by AdeniyiA(m): 3:49pm On Aug 22, 2013
unlike some of our leaders in Africa, where greed and power make them hang on to positions in the face of incompetence

3 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by TUNEX89(m): 3:49pm On Aug 22, 2013
Any body can cook up this story.
Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by drake2005: 3:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
St$upid gullible Africans and developing world would believe this crap from this man; a supposed HARDCORE NAZI AKA FORMER POPE. Some of us Africans ought to be beaten beyond recognition to get our senses right. God spoke to him and we believe it. Supposed your son came to you and told you God spoke to him, I know 90% of us will look at him in disgust and say....GET OUT FROM HERE IDIOT. But we believe this at face value.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by moscobabs(m): 3:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
Leave this Old man alone pls.his tenure is gone
Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by Bryancrox(m): 3:52pm On Aug 22, 2013
sexymoma: Pls o is it the same pope that took pics with NICKI MINAJ or another wan
Jos asking o, i later heard that he converted to islam, how true is that Jos asking o, No offence o
Abeg shift you dey block me

12 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by SLIDiE(m): 3:54pm On Aug 22, 2013
ledafaze: How I wish presidents can act like this man. Knowing his rule was not too good, he had to leave for someone else...

u must be low on brain juice!!!
Did he say he wanted to leave?
Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2013
sexymoma: Pls o is it the same pope that took pics with NICKI MINAJ or another wan

the Pope didnt covert to islam. Its just a fake islamic propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by Blessmira: 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2013
Pope don resign, he don resign, wetin una wan make we hear again.
Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by Ojuloge93: 3:57pm On Aug 22, 2013
pls admin forgive me.register now to get a good grade in your waec gce.at naijaride.tk
Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by Big4wig(m): 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2013
Pope u no hear say ASUU dey on STRIKE..YOU don reign during ur tym so BABA PACK WELL

#ASUUCALLOFFPLS

Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by Ojuloge93: 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2013
pls admin forgive me.register now to get a good grade in your waec gce.at naijaride. tk
Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by HARMYMY(f): 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
good

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by bokohalal(m): 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
GOD also resigned after a MYTHICAL experience.
Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by hyperbaba: 4:11pm On Aug 22, 2013
the write up is not clear enough.
Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by hod898(m): 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
What can I say if it's God that asked him to step down? He did the right thing to obey God's instruction, but I didn't know that serving God has tenure; I only know that we serve God even to the end, like Jesus said, "but whoever holds on to the very end shall be saved." matt10:22
And besides op, this post is as if the author was trying to make it long-- too many irrelevant repetitions.

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2013

Non is true oooo

i really LOVE dis man....

My papacy...God b wit YOU

unlike our stupid nd greedy leaders....

Who knows d bishop of d whole word?bishop dr. Miyeri jesu,d demon destroyer aka osu akpeje,jesus holiness founder nd leader Gods grace ministry....chai onli You wit diz meni names?

God HELP us....len frm d Pope emeritus...stepin down frm such a HIGH position..really HUMBLE!!!
Re: Pope Benedict Left After ‘A Mystical Experience’ by hod898(m): 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
Blessmira: Pope don resign, he don resign, wetin una wan make we hear again.
Omo, the thing tire me oo shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Salvation Ministries Builds Home For The Elderly, Gives It To Catholic Church / God Saved Oyedepo From Plane Crash / TB Joshua: 'I Don’t Have Any Bank Account, I Don’t Keep Money'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.