Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,951 members, 7,852,204 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:53 PM

Though It Tarries - Winning Each Day Devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Though It Tarries - Winning Each Day Devotional (507 Views)

Post-dated Praise Part 2 - Winning Each Day Devotional / Swimming Against The Current - Winning Each Day Devotional / Why You Must Hear From God - Winning Each Day Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Though It Tarries - Winning Each Day Devotional by PstWoleSoetan(m): 10:28am On Aug 22, 2013
WINNING EACH DAY DEVOTIONAL

2Cor 2:14 And thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph...

THOUGH IT TARRIES

August 21, 2013

Memory verse: Hab 2:3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry.

Christians know that God is powerful and that there is nothing impossible with Him. This is why many are impatient to have their needs met. If God can do it then why doesn't He just bless them already? They hang around for the blessing but soon drift away when they experience any form of delay.

The truth is that what we consider to be delay is not actually delay because God is never too fast nor is He too slow; He is always on time! There are many reasons the manifestation of the blessing tarries one of which is the fact that many are not grown enough, spiritually, to handle the responsibilities which come with their demands. Whatever the reason, what happens when the manifestation of the healing, promotion, marriage, job, etc tarries is crucial.

The waiting period is a time to develop the no-matter-what attitude. It is an attitude of tenacity, an attitude which says, "regardless of my present circumstance, I will wait for the manifestation for though it tarries, it will surely come." It is an attitude that continues to believe God's word though everything around you contradicts the reality God's word speaks of. It is the tenacity a bulldog has which will not allow it let go of whatsoever it has clamped its jaws around. It is an attitude of faith!

The waiting time is not a time to bemoan your fate but a time to reassure your heart. Reassure your heart with God's word and with the testimonies of others. If God can do it for the people around you then He can do it for you. Stay away from negative people who do nothing but complain.

Though the manifestation of God's word tarries, wait for it for it will surely come. It is a sure word of prophesy!

CONFESSION: I am next in line for a miracle! My time is here, my time is now! I am too blessed to be cursed! The earth yields her increase to me. Circumstances give way for me and protocols are broken for my sake.

PRAYER: My faith and hope in God's word is restored in Jesus' name.

FURTHER READING: Romans 4

(1) (Reply)

The True Biblical Gospel Of Grace Vs The Distorted Grace Message / The Battle With The Romans / Tips For Church Growth: The Early Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.