Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? (3046 Views)

The Launching Of Red TV: Tony Elumelu, Betty Irabor, Others Attend / Tony Umole Is Dead ( 'One Love' Leading Character) / Tony Umez Desperate Move For Comeback? Watch Him In Nude Scene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by OME1(m): 9:24pm On Aug 22, 2013
Saw a post on twitter not too long ago about Tony Umez being in a yoruba movie, initially I thought it was one of those random twitter jokes, but I decided to check Afmag yoruba channel 157 on Dstv and to my surprise there he was, acting a major role in a yoruba movie with a not too good story line. With the way he was before, I expected him to be on top of his game now with different endorsements and all. What do y'all think about this ? Do you think he's broke ? Or do you just think he decided to try something new ?

Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by Afam4eva(m): 9:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
He has always been featured in Yoruba movies every once in a while. He also does Efik/Ibibio movies. Kini big deal?
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by Tinkybabe(f): 10:03pm On Aug 22, 2013
Op is a learner cheesy
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 23, 2013
Tinkybabe: Op is a learner cheesy

No be small one oh.
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by OME1(m): 5:43pm On Aug 23, 2013
Ohh , didn't know that, but the film seemed so badly produced for someone of his 'status'
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 23, 2013
So you are just knowing yoruba films feature non yoruba actors? undecided
Chidi Mokeme, Emeka Ike, Kate Henshaw, Uche Jombo etc.. all act in Yoruba films.
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by Afam4eva(m): 9:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
speedyboi: So you are just knowing yoruba films feature non yoruba actors? undecided
Chidi Mokeme, Emeka Ike, Kate Henshaw, Uche Jombo etc.. all act in Yoruba films.
I'm not sure of the bolded. I doubt they can speak Yoruba to feature in a Yoruba movie.
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by OME1(m): 10:13pm On Aug 23, 2013
speedyboi: So you are just knowing yoruba films feature non yoruba actors? undecided
ramsey noah spoke yoruba in figurine but in this particular film, Tony umez wasn't even fluent in yoruba at all and there wasn't any other notable actor/actress in the film
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by Afam4eva(m): 10:15pm On Aug 23, 2013
O.M.E:
ramsey noah spoke yoruba in figurine but in this particular film, Tony umez wasn't even fluent in yoruba at all and there wasn't any other notable actor/actress in the film
Ramsey Noah is half Yoruba, half Israel, so it's understandable that he would understand Yoruba fairly.
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by OME1(m): 12:20am On Aug 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
Ramsey Noah is half Yoruba, half Israel, so it's understandable that he would understand Yoruba fairly.
Ramsey Noah and Tony umez used to be on the same level then, I'm pretty sure Ramsey can't feature in a low budget yoruba film now
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by sholay2011(m): 2:20am On Aug 24, 2013
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by sholay2011(m): 2:21am On Aug 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm not sure of the bolded. I doubt they can speak Yoruba to feature in a Yoruba movie.
Kate Henshaw was in 'Eti Keta' as the lead actress...Tony Umez has featured in many Yoruba movies like 'Oyato', 'No rival' (opposite Omotola Jalade in the two movies). I saw Mercy Johnson in one yoruba movie dat was brought to my school then (OAU) about a year ago. I've also seen Stella Damasus in one but it was a wakapass role. grin RMD, Liz benson, Desmond Elliot (in 'Eji Owuro'), Emeka Ike have all done yoruba movies bfor. OP, no biggie. cool

Not sure of Uche Jumbo sha.
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by prof800(m): 8:16am On Aug 24, 2013
sholay2011:
Kate Henshaw was in 'Eti Keta' as the lead actress...Tony Umez has featured in many Yoruba movies like 'Oyato', 'No rival' (opposite Omotola Jalade in the two movies). I saw Mercy Johnson in one yoruba movie dat was brought to my school then (OAU) about a year ago. I've also seen Stella Damasus in one but it was a wakapass role. grin RMD, Liz benson, Desmond Elliot (in 'Eji Owuro'), Emeka Ike have all done yoruba movies bfor. OP, no biggie. cool

Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 24, 2013
O.M.E:

Just for the record, Ramsey nouah is yoruba in the first place. His middle name is Tokunbo. And that's the same reason I didn't mention him, Desmond or mercy Johnson.
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by Afam4eva(m): 9:03am On Aug 24, 2013
speedyboi:

Just for the record, Ramsey nouah is yoruba in the first place. His middle name is Tokunbo. And that's the same reason I didn't mention him, Desmond or mercy Johnson.
It's Ramsey's mother that's Yoruba cfrom Ondo state. Desmond is half Yoruba/Igbo while Mercy Johnson is not Yoruba at all. She's from Egbira or Igala from Kogi with an Igbo mother.
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by OME1(m): 9:04am On Aug 24, 2013
You guys shouldn't get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong in him moving to the yoruba side of nollywood, but why did he have to act in a poorly produced yoruba movie that I'm quite sure Desmond elliot and co won't accept being in .
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 24, 2013
sholay2011:

I once saw Uche jombo in one yoruba trailer at some time. I don't know the title
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by sholay2011(m): 9:08am On Aug 24, 2013
speedyboi:

I once saw Uche jombo in one yoruba trailer at some time. I don't know the title
Ehn-ehn-ehn. That's cool. I am looking forward to seeing Genevieve in a yoruba movie grin
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
It's Ramsey's mother that's Yoruba cfrom Ondo state. Desmond is half Yoruba/Igbo while Mercy Johnson is not Yoruba at all. She's from Egbira or Igala from Kogi with an Igbo mother.

Yes Ramsey mother is the yoruba..and we all know his citizenship is Nigerian (that of his mother) and that makes his tribe that of his mother. Besides he doesn't speak any other Nigerian language except that of his mother (and fluently sef).

Desmond Elliot father is yoruba and we know how it goes in Nigerian cultures. I think his other name is also Shola sef.

Mercy Johnson is ebira. And ebira part of Kogi state is yoruba. Her other name is Shola infact.

Afterall said; This is not the point of the thread...enough digression.
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by Afam4eva(m): 9:35am On Aug 24, 2013
speedyboi:

Mercy Johnson is ebira. And ebira part of Kogi state is yoruba. Her other name is Shola infact.

Just to correct an impression, ythere's nothing like Yoruba part of Ebira(whatever that means). Ebira is not Yoruba. Mercy's other name is Ozioma not Shola.

Anyways, This is not the point of the thread...enough digression. Lol grin
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
Just to correct an impression, ythere's nothing like Yoruba part of Ebira(whatever that means). Ebira is not Yoruba. Mercy's other name is Ozioma not Shola.

Anyways, This is not the point of the thread...enough digression. Lol grin

I didn't say There was anything like 'yoruba part' of Ebira! Read my post and Digest it.

Mercy Johnson Shola, popularly known as Mercy Johnson, is a Nigerian actress[1][2]who made her acting debut in the movie....
- Wikipedia

Okay seems you know little about Nigerian Ethnic group. So I wanna 'digress' just to help a brother.

Do you know Ebira cuts across several states in Nigeria? And those states include Oyo, Osun, Ondo and kwara? Do you know one of their LGA in Kogi is called Ajaokuta?
Now why am I asking these questions? Ebira is just an Ethnic group and it spreads under majorly two nigerian tribes; yoruba and Hausa. But one thing to all these Ebiras; They speak similar dialects!
Now the general language of Ebiras in western states is Yoruba. In Kogi, some of the Ebiras speak Yoruba. And that's why when people refer to 'the yoruba part' of Kogi, they are referring to the yoruba speaking Kabba And Ebira. Cos in real sense, there's no full blown yoruba or Igbo in Kogi state, just ethnic groups that can be generalized into yoruba or Igbo for simplicity.
We may be saying the same thing differently though.
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by sholay2011(m): 10:35am On Aug 24, 2013
Speedyboi ooo...you won't kill me wiv your individual analyses of the 'trinomial' nomenclature of those celebrity entities grin grin

Nice to know say Desmond and Mercy be my namesake. cool
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 24, 2013
sholay2011: Speedyboi ooo...you won't kill me wiv your individual analyses of the 'trinomial' nomenclature of those celebrity entities grin grin

I feel embarrassed, don't make it worse embarassed
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by sholay2011(m): 11:09am On Aug 24, 2013
speedyboi:

I feel embarrassed, don't make it worse embarassed
Embarassed ke? undecided I dey hail you naa. Okay then.
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 25, 2013
sholay2011:
Embarassed ke? undecided I dey hail you naa. Okay then.

I don't like discussing Tribe related topics cos I couldn't care less. But here I am....discussing not just tribes, but tribes of Celebrities embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by OME1(m): 7:07am On Aug 25, 2013
Back to the topic pls ?
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by semid4lyfe(m): 8:27pm On Aug 28, 2013
Thread won't be removed.

Reason: Thread does not violate any of the Nairaland rules.
Re: Tony Umez Now A Yoruba Actor ? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 19, 2013
Lol.....I visited a family today and they were watching a channel named 'MYTV AFRICA Yoruba' (I wonder why we limit ourselves by attaching Africa Ishh to every damn thing!). they were showing a homevideo like that featuring Uche Jombo, Justus Esiri and Bimbo Akintola. I had to beg them to pause it and lemme take some shots grin and I had to look for this thread cheesy
Uche Jombo wasn't that fluent and she was mixing pidgin.
Justus Esiri on the other hand was so fluent grin. I was surprised.

Although I have no idea what the film is about...but it looks crappy to me sha.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

#bbnaija: See The Twin Ladies Sir Dee Is Always Talking About (photo) / Comedian AY Don Enta One Chance. Lol / PRISON BREAK Is Back!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.